International US pulls THAAD and Patriot missile defense system from Saudi Arabia.

at least Biden shit all over American energy production first.

Iran seems cooler than Saudi Arabia. Care more about science and engineering. Maybe we can actually make peace with them once we stop supporting the despots in Saudi Arabia.

The people are MUCH cooler. It's those pesky religious cocks that run the place

Iran seems cooler than Saudi Arabia. Care more about science and engineering. Maybe we can actually make peace with them once we stop supporting the despots in Saudi Arabia.

They have literally engaged in terrorism and support groups we recognize as a terrorist organization. They also have bombed US troops

Where is this delusion coming from that we have to ally with some shit hole repressive country and give them stuff?

Where is this retarded notion that if we stop supporting the Saudis we then need to support another oppressive, illiberal, regime in Iran?

Wtf is wrong with you people

Also I bet you respond to me saying "muuuh Saudis are worse we support them"

Ignoring the fact that I agree and that supporting 1 shit hole over another is stupid when we dont need to support any to begin with

How about ally with neither? Iran isnt good either. When will you fools learn? We need to stop supporting garbage

It's not about supporting garbage so much as it's about exerting influence in resource rich areas of the world.

So we ditch the Saudis the retards will want us to repeat support for another crap hole

How long till US financial aid and we start giving Iran missiles, and building them a border wall?
It's not about supporting garbage so much as it's about exerting influence in resource rich areas of the world.

Well I dont care for that. I want us to focus on Europe, China and Canada

I hope Biden doesnt go to Iran right after diching the Saudis

I agree. I think there needs to be an actual platform. And we should play hard ball with them. When gas prices went up in 08 or whenever Obama or W should have called and been like remember when we didn’t invade you for 9-11? Yeah, now turn the pumps on full throttle

But I think s coherent policy needs to be taken and it needs as you said to combine the carrot and the stick plus playing hard to get
I don’t want democracy there, but there are other things to negotiate

We are no longer dependent on SA oil. That ended during Obama presidency. Oil prices are artificially elevated right now. If it we’re up to me, I’d leave them where they are at. Price between $60-$80 is healthy for the industry, it doesn’t make the NOC flush with cash and it will help generate momentum toward cleaner alternatives.

So we ditch the Saudis the retards will want us to repeat support for another crap hole

How long till US financial aid and we start giving Iran missiles, and building them a border wall?

Well I dont care for that. I want us to focus on Europe, China and Canada

I hope Biden doesnt go to Iran right after diching the Saudis

Well if you want to focus on those places you'll need raw materials from other places.

If that’s one step to leaving them then US is reinforcing the stereotype that they love backstabbing their “allies”.

If that’s one step to leaving them then US is reinforcing the stereotype that they love backstabbing their “allies”.
The Saudis were never our real allies. Real allies = Japan, Canada, UK, Australia, Western Europe.

Saudis have been backstabbing the US for a long time. From trying to destroy the American shale oil industry to spreading a religous ideology that demonizes non-Salafist cultures.

Interesting thing is we once had pretty good relations with Iran. Then the US & UK sponsored a coup in the early 1950s which toppled their democratic government and eventually led to Iran becoming a hardline Islamic dictatorship. Why you might ask? Oil.

Things are not going to be any better with Iran running things in that part of the world.

I'm happy to see the U.S. throw it's weight around here and there. This is good shit. Biden's handlers made a good call, gotta give that team credit on this one.

We are no longer dependent on SA oil. That ended during Obama presidency. Oil prices are artificially elevated right now. If it we’re up to me, I’d leave them where they are at. Price between $60-$80 is healthy for the industry, it doesn’t make the NOC flush with cash and it will help generate momentum toward cleaner alternatives.
I was talking about a decade ago

but we’re back to importing again. Someone had to call opec hat in hand. Hope we use this as leverage otherwise we are muddling along here

This might be a sign of things to come. SA recently signed an oil and military deal with Russia. From what I understand it's about moving away from the petro dollar.

Biden also pulled out of Saudi war in Yemen where we were providing logistics and bombs. Biden is trying to make a deal to Iran so we can inspect again so can't be seen as 100% KSA. Its not like the Saudis cant defend themselves. They are like #3 or 4 in the world on defense spending. Good move. Last thing we need is nuclear Iran.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back