International US pulls THAAD and Patriot missile defense system from Saudi Arabia.

pretty sure its the companies themselves holding back production. At least in the Permian.

This gets a bit complicated. Most of the remaining oil in the Permian basin is in what's called "tight" sources, which means it's a bitch to get the oil out of the ground. This is why we need to do horizontal drilling, branched drill holes, fracking, detergent floods, and all that other fun stuff to get the oil out of the ground at a good enough flow to make a profit. The problem is all that high tech oil extraction is expensive as hell which means oil prices have to be relatively high or else you go broke. Which is where the Saudis & Russians come in, they know this so they opened up their taps and dropped the price of oil which put a bunch of companies in the Permian out of business, then they set their production at a sweet spot so that they can make a nice profit while making it unprofitable for anyone except the majors like Chevron to start drilling in the Permian again.

Fantastic. Your involvement in Yemen's been atrocious.

I'm not sure how wise it was to abandon energy independence before doing this, but still...

This is way bigger than it’s being made out to be.
Will see how it goes.

Here we go.

What does a US without the SA look like?
What does an SA without the US look like?

Shit is about to get bad.

Let’s pretend you have the best dollar in the world, but only you don’t anymore.

But you do have the best weapons in the world.
I can kill you if you don’t listen to me.
What’s the next step?

We’re WW3-ing.
It’s happening soon. You think China cares about losing some folks? Not a bit.

I was talking about a decade ago

but we’re back to importing again. Someone had to call opec hat in hand. Hope we use this as leverage otherwise we are muddling along here

I’m not seeing anything about the US being a net importer of oil in 2021. Do you have a source? I know as of 2020 we were a net exporter.

They have literally engaged in terrorism and support groups we recognize as a terrorist organization. They also have bombed US troops

Where is this delusion coming from that we have to ally with some shit hole repressive country and give them stuff?

Where is this retarded notion that if we stop supporting the Saudis we then need to support another oppressive, illiberal, regime in Iran?

Wtf is wrong with you people

Also I bet you respond to me saying "muuuh Saudis are worse we support them"

Ignoring the fact that I agree and that supporting 1 shit hole over another is stupid when we dont need to support any to begin with

I didn't say any of that; good projection. I said make peace with them because we are no longer propping up one of their enemies in the region.

This is way bigger than it’s being made out to be.
Will see how it goes.

Here we go.

What does a US without the SA look like?
What does an SA without the US look like?

Shit is about to get bad.

Let’s pretend you have the best dollar in the world, but only you don’t anymore.

But you do have the best weapons in the world.
I can kill you if you don’t listen to me.
What’s the next step?

We’re WW3-ing.
It’s happening soon. You think China cares about losing some folks? Not a bit.

Sincerely, are you okay man?

Now this is interesting

Good. We should not be funding Saudi Arabia's war crimes.

I am 100% for getting off Mid-East oil. But, that means cutting our own production is a very bad idea.

Saudi Arabia's leader is evil, whatever his reforms, and they have more than enough oil money to stand on their own two feet.

Glad to be out of there.

Likely deals more with improving relations with Iran that Trump destroyed.

Back