Usman would have destroyed Mike Tyson(Proof)

Habib The Eagle

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This is by the way from Usman instagram, the guy have sense of humor.

FamousBarrenEwe-size_restricted.gif

This is by the way from Usman instagram, the guy have sense of humor.

FamousBarrenEwe-size_restricted.gif

Damn, Mike just revealed his weakness to the entire world, crazy. Motherfuckers are going to be stomping on his two's everywhere he goes now so they can claim they beat up the guy that was once arguably the most feared fighter on the planet.

You know Mitch Green is out hunting for him as we speak to finally get his revenge over the guy he proudly called "sissily Tyson" on national TV while being barely recognizable after that "sissy" broke every bone in his face. Lol.

Pretty easy to tbh, all it would take to remember why he got that nickname in the first place is to watch his subsequent fight against Masvidal.

Because people insist on watching MMA whilst at the same time not enjoying one of the main aspects of the sport.

I personally don't think watching a fighter completely neutralizing his opponents offence boring. Masvidal fight is a poor example aswell, he did what he had to do to beat a dangerous opponent on short notice, same way DC did with Silva at 200. Nothing was stopping Mas from getting Usman off of him though?

Same why people constaltly call Khabib, GSP boring fighters when in reality they just can't admit a fighter they don't like is pretty good.

Khamzat KOs Fury, Joshua, Ruiz and Wilder in one night.

There will be a new WW king in 2021. If it's not Burns, it will be Lord Khamzat.

There will be a new WW king in 2021. If it's not Burns, it will be Lord Khamzat.

Wrong conor destroys Khabib in a rematch and runs the WW division becomes the first ever triple champ

Burns is not good enough. Khazmat will be the next king, if he can heal properly from the COVID.

Because people insist on watching MMA whilst at the same time not enjoying one of the main aspects of the sport.

I personally don't think watching a fighter completely neutralizing his opponents offence boring.

Same why people constaltly call Khabib, GSP boring fighters when in reality they just can't admit a fighter they don't like is pretty good.
When his idea of neutralizing amounts to literally holding a guy in a position and occasionally throwing in what can generously be called foot stamps yeah it's dull mate. Even the most ardent Usman fan can't tell me that fight was entertaining. You're absolutely right in one regard that Usman and Colby was an entertaining scrap but the Masvidal Usman fight honestly could be used as a sleep aid for insomniacs.

I personally don't think watching a fighter completely neutralizing his opponents offence boring.

Point fighting is not an aspect of the sport that I enjoy. If you have the opponent's offense neutralized, what is the excuse for not being able to finish them? Or at the very least, try. I watch D1 wrestling if I want to see god tier takedowns and top control. Khabib doesn't fit this description for me since he absolutely ragdolls and/or finishes guys regularly, so I have no issue with him. But GSP and Usman are hard to watch imo. I will say, it is impressive that every one of their opponents knows exactly what they are going to do and still can't do anything about it. I get that. But damn. Point fighting is not fighting. That's the difference for me. To each their own though.

And to be clear, it isn't just grapplers. Wonderboy, Dominick Cruz, and even Jon Jones over the last few years are the striking equivalent of the same problem.

When his idea of neutralizing amounts to literally holding a guy in a position and occasionally throwing in what can generously be called foot stamps yeah it's dull mate. Even the most ardent Usman fan can't tell me that fight was entertaining. You're absolutely right in one regard that Usman and Colby was an entertaining scrap but the Masvidal Usman fight honestly could be used as a sleep aid for insomniacs.

No it wasn't but I've edited my first post a bit more, Usman did what he had to do, Masvidal could have got Usman off him but couldn't. That was a short notice fight and Usman did what he had to do to get the win, he controlled the fight pretty much from that opening bell, people make GIFs about Jorge's head movement in that fight but that's pretty much the main highlight for Jorge in that fight.

Mas is a very dangerous guy, why take a load of risks by standing with him on short notice and potentially getting knocked out when you know Masvidal's grappling is hugely inferior to yours. You're just exploiting your opponents weaknesses. It was a short notice fight, I completely get it.

. Point fighting is not fighting. That's the difference for me. To each their own though

I completely agree, but then when MMA judging is what it is, I completely get why guys like Leon, Usman etc do what they have to do to win fights, they know the judging criteria and don't really ever make it a difficult night for judges scoring fights. Point fighting isn't fighting you're completely right but then in a real fight, someone won't be scoring it for "control time" for example.

No it wasn't but I've edited my first post a bit more, Usman did what he had to do, Masvidal could have got Usman off him but couldn't. That was a short notice fight and Usman did what he had to do to get the win, he controlled the fight pretty much from that opening bell, people make GIFs about Jorge's head movement in that fight but that's pretty much the main highlight for Jorge in that fight.

Mas is a very dangerous guy, why take a load of risks by standing with him on short notice and potentially getting knocked out when you know Masvidal's grappling is hugely inferior to yours. You're just exploiting your opponents weaknesses. It was a short notice fight, I completely get it.
You've changed your tune though entirely your original post was saying how could anyone find Usman boring and call him snoozeman, I've answered it and you've tacitly agreed with me that the fight wasn't entertaining now you're pivoting to saying you understand why Usman chose to not make it entertaining, two totally different things. I absolutely concur that his gameplan was the smartest way for Usman to win the fight and the easiest way to win whilst giving himself the greatest chance to avoid any major damage, he executed that gameplan well, fair play to the man but bottom line it was boring as bat shit.

Pretty easy to tbh, all it would take to remember why he got that nickname in the first place is to watch his subsequent fight against Masvidal.
What else was he supposed to do? Jorge showed good takedown defence so he had to rely on the clinch. But obviously Usman should strike with no fight IQ and risk losing the fight.

What else was he supposed to do? Jorge showed good takedown defence so he had to rely on the clinch. But obviously Usman should strike with no fight IQ and risk losing the fight.
Sure as I said in my previous post on this thread, smart game plan that was executed extremely well to maximize the chance of victory and minimize the chance of receiving damage, fair play to Usman, it's up to his opponents to stop his wall and stalling, the one opponent who forced him to fight was Colby and that was arguably Usman's most entertaining scrap, however the bottom line is no one can claim the Usman Masvidal fight was an entertaining one, it simply wasn't.

You've changed your tune though entirely your original post was saying how could anyone find Usman boring and call him snoozeman, I've answered it and you've tacitly agreed with me that the fight wasn't entertaining now you're pivoting to saying you understand why Usman chose to not make it entertaining, two totally different things. I absolutely concur that his gameplan was the smartest way for Usman to win the fight and the easiest way to win whilst giving himself the greatest chance to avoid any major damage, he executed that gameplan well, fair play to the man but bottom line it was boring as bat shit.

Not really, I find Usman entertaining as a fighter, the Masvidal fight is the one i'm answering in regards to because it's the one you mentioned, it's probably the worst Usman fight to watch I agree, I'm not disagreeing with that but we're talking like Usman is the only great fighter to have a boring fight, he can have one boring fight and still be an enjoyable fighter to watch as a whole. What elite fighter has never not had a boring fight?

That fight involved 2 people, no-one's calling Masvidal a boring fighter but he could have made that fight much more entertaining just as much as Usman could. It's just easy for people to call Usman boring because he has a grappling heavy style but Usman won every single round in that fight still, it wasn't like Izzy/Yoel where they just stared at each other for 5 rounds.

263 of 341 - Usman striking stats from that fight.

88 of 157 - Masvidal's striking stats from that fight

94 of 151 Usmans significant striking stats from that fight

66 of 125 Masvidals significant striking stats.

He outstruck Masvidal, one of the best strikers in the UFC 4 rounds to 1 still and the round where Masvidal outstruck him in round 1, he still controlled Masvidal for over half the round.

Do I think Usman is a boring fighter? No. Do I think the Masvidal fight was as great as I thought it would be? No.

They won't be the first 2 great fighters to have a boring fight and won't be the last.

Not really, I find Usman entertaining as a fighter, the Masvidal fight is the one i'm answering in regards to because it's the one you mentioned, it's probably the worst Usman fight to watch I agree, I'm not disagreeing with that but we're talking like Usman is the only great fighter to have a boring fight, he can have one boring fight and still be an enjoyable fighter to watch as a whole. What elite fighter has never not had a boring fight?

That fight involved 2 people, no-one's calling Masvidal a boring fighter but he could have made that fight much more entertaining just as much as Usman could. It's just easy for people to call Usman boring because he has a grappling heavy style but Usman won every single round in that fight still, it wasn't like Izzy/Yoel where they just stared at each other for 5 rounds.

263 of 341 - Usman striking stats from that fight.

88 of 157 - Masvidal's striking stats from that fight

94 of 151 Usmans significant striking stats from that fight

66 of 125 Masvidals significant striking stats.

He outstruck Masvidal, one of the best strikers in the UFC 4 rounds to 1 still and the round where Masvidal outstruck him in round 1, he still controlled Masvidal for over half the round.

Do I think Usman is a boring fighter? No. Do I think the Masvidal fight was as great as I thought it would be? No.

They won't be the first 2 great fighters to have a boring fight and won't be the last.
Most of the WW Champions have had boring fights. I mean recently look at Woodley, GSP. Lawler is an exception but he ended up having a short reign due to his style and was also lucky to get a win over Condit

Back