Usyk vs. Prime Haye

I would take uysk. But that’s just conjecture as he doesn’t have the body of work at cw.

but I think uysk was probably the best skill
Wised guy I’ve seen in a long time at that weight class. And I’m excited to see what he does at hw. With time off to get his body ready.

but I have anti British boxing bias. Soooo there’s that.

Haye probably knocks his head off

interesting fight though

Last edited:
Haye would have the advantage in handspeed, power, explosiveness. But Usyk would be aware of that and he'd be slick enough to avoid heated exchanges. So Usyk would use his feet to make it a pure tactical boxing match, and we don't have to discuss who's at advantage here just looking at both mens amateur pedigree.
I see Usyk taking a clear UD, with the possibility of a stoppage (or at least a knockdown over the course of the fight) considering Haye's habit to drop his lead hand low.

Last edited:
Not a chance Haye gets knocked out, not even remotely

Not a chance Haye gets knocked out, not even remotely
I wouldn't say no chance. He was KO'd at cruiserweight before by a 40 year old. Usyk could pressure Haye enough into a TKO or corner stoppage

I would take uysk. But that’s just conjecture as he doesn’t have the body of work at cw.

but I think uysk was probably the best skill
Wised guy I’ve seen in a long time at that weight class. And I’m excited to see what he does at hw. With time off to get his body ready.

but I have anti British boxing bias. Soooo there’s that.

That's good that you acknowledge it. This is almost like a 'Me Too' moment for the forum.
giphy.gif

Tough fight to pick. I really like both fighters at their respective peaks. I think I'll go with Usyk because he works harder and I've never seen him properly hurt. Haye certainly had a lot of power at CW and even HW when he managed to rock Valuev but Usyk has a great chin. I think his output would be too much for Haye who preferred to fight at his own pace. Usyk wouldn't let him do that so I think it would upset Haye's game. Usyk by unanimous decision.

Great fight. I don't know?

Same as that dude. Big fans of both fighters. If I had to choose I’d probably go with haye tko. But on the flip side I’ve only seen usyk hurt once, and he could very well UD or knock haye out

edit: actually I’d favour with usyk. As Aries posted usyk has got a very sturdy chin, but haye hits hard enough to crack it - fck it I just don’t know?

I wouldn't say no chance. He was KO'd at cruiserweight before by a 40 year old. Usyk could pressure Haye enough into a TKO or corner stoppage

haye isn’t chinny, but his chin isn’t exactly solid either. Usyk can bang on the odd occasion that he holds his feet. He left bellew asleep propped up by the bottom rope after all. Usyk can definitely knock haye out.

I'd give Haye a solid punchers chance in that one but Haye was really never that special. He lost to a journeyman at cruiserweight.

journeyman doesn't means mandatory bad boxer.
Plenty of them just were not considered as prospects.

While that may be factually correct, that was an extremely raw version of Haye who just completely blew his load against someone with far more experience at the time...prime Haye hasnt ever been knocked out, and he has fought some big punchers.

Great fight. But unfortunately there is no correct answer as to who would win.

journeyman doesn't means mandatory bad boxer.
Plenty of them just were not considered as prospects.
ITs not good when you get stopped by a journeyman, there's no spin you can put on it to make it so.

Usyk all day long twice on Sunday

Tough call, Haye at CW was a completely different beast to the man at HW. Usyk was at CW, a formidable fighter. I saw Haye come back amazingly in Paris, Usyk I've never seen in anything like that kind of trouble, so who knows how he deals with proper adversity as prime Haye will eventually land something. 50-50 for me.

Of course this is all irrelevant as Carl Thompson beats them both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back