News Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanne Calderwood Added to UFC 251 in Australia

Who Wins?

• Valentina Shevchenko

• Joanne Calderwood

Results are only viewable after voting.
That sounds a bit like hyperbole.

Jarl

It isn't though.

She was able to get Joanna, Eye and Chook down with absolutely no issue. She was then able to control them to a point where they all literally couldn't even get their shoulders off the mat.

It isn't hyperbole at all to say that she could take down and easily submit someone like Jojo, who isn't anywhere near as skilled on the ground as those girls.

It isn't though.

She was able to get Joanna, Eye and Chook down with absolutely no issue. She was then able to control them to a point where they all literally couldn't even get their shoulders off the mat.

It isn't hyperbole at all to say that she could take down and easily submit someone like Jojo, who isn't anywhere near as skilled on the ground as those girls.

Well, since it is (apparently) so easy for Shevchenko to win via grappling, that is most likely what she'll do when she fights Caqlderwood. I mean, why take damage by exchanging punches and kicks when she can just easily take Calderwood down and submit her? Right? Let's she if that's the strategy she decides to employ. If your analysis of her skills is correct, she'll just skip the striking and go right for the grappling in their bout.

Jarl

Well, since it is (apparently) so easy for Shevchenko to win via grappling, that is most likely what she'll do when she fights Caqlderwood. I mean, why take damage by exchanging punches and kicks when she can just easily take Calderwood down and submit her? Right? Let's she if that's the strategy she decides to employ. If your analysis of her skills is correct, she'll just skip the striking and go right for the grappling in their bout.

Jarl

Val will beat her up on the feet and then sub her.

Jarl

Like, I said, Val could take her down and submit her easily, but the thing is, Val is so much better than JoJo everywhere that she can approach this one however she feels like it.

JoJo is about the same sort of threat to Val that Chook was, maybe even less so, and we saw how useless Chook was.

Val isn't going to be in any danger on the feet against Jojo either. Chook, Carmouche and Eye could hardly touch her. Joanna had some very small successes (even though she got way outclassed) and JoJo isn't nearly as good a striker as Joanna.

Like, I said, Val could take her down and submit her easily, but the thing is, Val is so much better than JoJo everywhere that she can approach this one however she feels like it.

JoJo is about the same sort of threat to Val that Chook was, maybe even less so, and we saw how useless Chook was.

Val isn't going to be in any danger on the feet against Jojo either. Chook, Carmouche and Eye could hardly touch her. Joanna had some very small successes (even though she got way outclassed) and JoJo isn't nearly as good a striker as Joanna.

Chook is a good grappler. She is a brown belt under Danaher and she did not have much for Shev, although she did display a really good guard, she was completely defensive.

Everyone loves JoJo, but I look at her fights and wonder WHY?

Seems like they are just handing out title shots for the 125 title.

If I were one of these 125 girls, I would fly down to this event and be in shape. Seems like they would be ok with throwing anyone in there, if something happens to JoJo.

Everyone loves JoJo, but I look at her fights and wonder WHY?

She was only known by her mother when she was in Scotland; then she moved to LV and started dating her coach/Shappire’s bottle service man and posting *ss pictures.
I think it’s called “marketing”

So Max vs Volk the headliner

Or Izzy vs Costa if izzy beats Romero

Or 3 title fights with all them

card could be pretty insane
This contributes fuck all towards a card being "insane". In fact it detracts from it

After this they gotta find something better for Valentina to do. Literally anything would be more exciting at this point.

valentina shevchenko.
•Feb 14, 2020
teep

"The black widow of the UFC. Track used: Missile - Dorothy"

Aaaand another PPV ruined.

I wonder when the next PPV is that I'm actually gonna watch in full. Wtf man this is getting next level fucked up.

Alba gu bràth = Scotland forever

~
Jo Jo used to fight in a kilt

joannecalderwood.jpg

I dont see them turning Izzy around two months later if he beats Romero. I think he's more likely to be on July card with 3 title fights, Jones/Reyes, Mas/Usman and Izzy/Costa or they put him on Aug PPV main event.

Could see if they wanted 3 title fights here they could do Nunes vs Anderson if she wins next week for FW title. WIth hardly anyone else in FW div might as well get something out of Anderson and use her in Aus.
It would actually be a 3 month turn around. If Izzy gets Yoel out of there quick and takes no significant damage, it's very doable. Also, Nunes only fights only IFW and the end of the year PPV now so I'll doubt she fights there. Seems like Volk really wants to fight on this card but we haven't heard much from max.

She was only known by her mother when she was in Scotland; then she moved to LV and started dating her coach/Shappire’s bottle service man and posting *ss pictures.
I think it’s called “marketing”

Calderwood doesn't post ass pictures

Anyway I think Val's been advised, no more boring fights, maybe her manager can confirm, he posts here now and then.

I dont see them turning Izzy around two months later if he beats Romero. I think he's more likely to be on July card with 3 title fights, Jones/Reyes, Mas/Usman and Izzy/Costa or they put him on Aug PPV main event.

Could see if they wanted 3 title fights here they could do Nunes vs Anderson if she wins next week for FW title. WIth hardly anyone else in FW div might as well get something out of Anderson and use her in Aus.

Adesanya has done 3 month turna-rounds before... Wouldn’t be surprised

Back