Media Valentina Shevchenko's bantamweight run

Bro, I remember you from the bagel shop video!

When someone is asking for a beating, and then they receive it... It makes me so happy. It warms my heart.

She's also smaller than Nunes

Shev is the P4P most skilled female, easily
No way is she "easily" ahead of Nunes.

You can make an argument that your opinion is that she possesses the better skill set on a per pound basis, but she is still well shy of Nunes in terms of her MMA resume.

Nunes ran thru the WMMA murderer's row like a warm knife thru butter.

Dispatched Ronda in < 1min
KOed Cyborg face down ass up in .:1 min
Head kick KOed Holly Holm, effectively beating her at her own game
Beat Meisha at her own game, smashed her and tapped her.

And Nunes is 2-0 head to head with Val. Sure, they were competitive fights and Nunes is bigger, but Nunes won both.

Nunes has better stopping power with her strikes and has a relatively similar ability to win with grappling if needed.

I love Valentina. She is well rounded, and exceptional striker, mentally tough as hell, trained her whole life, elite athlete. She is a beast. But where does she demonstrate a clear technical advantage over Nunes?

Ran away to Washout-Weight because she couldn't beat the champ <Lmaoo>

She was crushing everyone at a higher weight and gave the champ all she could handle twice. She ended up going to a weight that is actually where she belongs because she was a very small bantam.

You know this is true but I doubt you have the stones to actually admit it. A few of those ladies are stone cold killers so what is the point of being a douche about it?

And she’s faced more skilled competition. Amanda can pad her stats beating Megan Andersons but Shev has a better resume still
Lol, schev has a better resume now? How is that even possible? According to schev fans Nunes has beat the top p4p female twice. That alone is more than schev has done

Anyone who thinks Amanda won that second fight must also thinks queen air punched maycee beat maverick too. Valentina is a better fighter than Nunes. Fought better competition and is more dominant against the competition. You don't see anyone in Valentina's weight class turning her into a panic wrestler like GDR did Nunes

Lol, schev has a better resume now? How is that even possible? According to schev fans Nunes has beat the top p4p female twice. That alone is more than schev has done
Your argument is stupid. Whos better Chuck or Rampage? How about Fedor or Matt Mitrione? Weidman or Silva? Just because someone lost to another fighter spent mean that the fighter who won is the better overall fighter. In boxing Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas. Would any of you argue Douglas is a better boxer than Tyson?

No way is she "easily" ahead of Nunes.

You can make an argument that your opinion is that she possesses the better skill set on a per pound basis, but she is still well shy of Nunes in terms of her MMA resume.

Nunes ran thru the WMMA murderer's row like a warm knife thru butter.

Dispatched Ronda in < 1min
KOed Cyborg face down ass up in .:1 min
Head kick KOed Holly Holm, effectively beating her at her own game
Beat Meisha at her own game, smashed her and tapped her.

And Nunes is 2-0 head to head with Val. Sure, they were competitive fights and Nunes is bigger, but Nunes won both.

Nunes has better stopping power with her strikes and has a relatively similar ability to win with grappling if needed.

I love Valentina. She is well rounded, and exceptional striker, mentally tough as hell, trained her whole life, elite athlete. She is a beast. But where does she demonstrate a clear technical advantage over Nunes?

Lets get the size thing out of the way right from the get go. Not just Amanda but pretty much all the women at 135 were larger than Valentina. Everyone who knows anything about boxing, kickboxing or mma knows that it is way tougher to steam roll people a weight class above, it just is. When skill is fairly equal, mass will have a fairly hefty impact.

The fact that Valentina would likely be the champion of a weight class that she doesn't even belong in if it were not for Nunes should say everything we need to know. The fact that Nunes hot knifed through butter the entire division and even the one above her, albeit a shitty division, and had all she could handle with a smaller girl twice which eliminates the one off argument, people must conclude that it is purely skill related.

In my opinion, and I think it should be obvious to anyone unbias with eyeballs, Valentina is the most skilled female mma fighter by far. Personally, I don't find it as close as some do. Nunes is super tough and has very heavy hands but on a pure tool box level, she is not the most talented women in the ufc.

Nunes is the better puncher and I think she's also a bit better at getting reads on her opponents and whacking them with kill shots. Valentina has better clinch work, takedowns, and kicks. She also has a tighter & better integrated system for moving between striking & grappling, and she also has the advantage when it comes to chaining takedowns together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back