Media Valentina Shevchenko's bantamweight run

Lol, schev has a better resume now? How is that even possible? According to schev fans Nunes has beat the top p4p female twice. That alone is more than schev has done

I don't know about resume's, to be fair, I think it is kind of like bull riding, you get a lazy bull and your scores will reflect it.

I would maintain that Valentina is the more skilled fighter of the two.
I would suggest that most dominant fighters have a hard time being as dominant at a higher class. Isreal and Conor are both recent examples. Valentina was clearly outclassing women at a higher class right from the get go.

Skill has to factor in on bridging the gap. That is why people always scream for the super talented to go up and beat on the bigger people to test themselves, it is because they are super talented.

Nunes has got it going on for sure but on a pure skill level, Valentina is superior. If they were similar walk around weight and frame, those two fights would not have been as close as they were. The fact that the biggest challenge to the beast Nunes is a smaller chick should speak volumes.

I have no doubt that with her skills, Val could probably give up weight and beat up the featherweight division also which is a huge weight difference, although they do all suck, but still.

Nunes is the better puncher and I think she's also a bit better at getting reads on her opponents and whacking them with kill shots. Valentina has better clinch work, takedowns, and kicks. She also has a tighter & better integrated system for moving between striking & grappling, and she also has the advantage when it comes to chaining takedowns together.

I would say Nunes is a harder puncher and she looks for the big shot. Valentina has a bit better timing and hand speed, she also puts things together better as you have said.

In a straight boxing match I think Val has better hands and she has been able to absorb or stifle Nunes's big power shots. Nunes is a bit more wild and Val is pretty consistently technical.

In before someone posts a clip of one or two wild shots the are the exception, lol.

Nunes is the better puncher and I think she's also a bit better at getting reads on her opponents and whacking them with kill shots. Valentina has better clinch work, takedowns, and kicks. She also has a tighter & better integrated system for moving between striking & grappling, and she also has the advantage when it comes to chaining takedowns together.
Fair assessment.

I think Val has a more polished game, but Nunes is more effective in some key ways.

For example Val throws a more diverse array of strikes, where Nunes sticks to mostly 1-2 fundamental type combos and some kicks but nothing flashy... But her hands are deadly powerful and accurate and she has a very unique way of extending her punches to land at distances where it doesn't seem like she should be able to even reach her opponent.

Which is better?

Valentina picks people apart and it is a beautiful display of striking skill. But Nunes overwhelms people so much that they can't survive. Val's opponents wilt. Nunes opponents freeze and crumble.

No way is she "easily" ahead of Nunes.

You can make an argument that your opinion is that she possesses the better skill set on a per pound basis, but she is still well shy of Nunes in terms of her MMA resume.

Nunes ran thru the WMMA murderer's row like a warm knife thru butter.

Dispatched Ronda in < 1min
KOed Cyborg face down ass up in .:1 min
Head kick KOed Holly Holm, effectively beating her at her own game
Beat Meisha at her own game, smashed her and tapped her.

And Nunes is 2-0 head to head with Val. Sure, they were competitive fights and Nunes is bigger, but Nunes won both.

Nunes has better stopping power with her strikes and has a relatively similar ability to win with grappling if needed.

I love Valentina. She is well rounded, and exceptional striker, mentally tough as hell, trained her whole life, elite athlete. She is a beast. But where does she demonstrate a clear technical advantage over Nunes?

Nunes is technical, she also has a natural build that allows her to be able to force positions. She can afford to get a little wild at times and engage in a slug fest.

Valentina is more focused and relies more on her timing and hand speed in a consistent way. She is powerful and explosive but she relies more on making people pay for mistakes to find position. This is why her transitions are very slick.

Technically speaking, Valentina plays the fish out with skill where sometimes Nunes can just winch it in.

I did find it interesting that when these ladies face each other, Nunes was far more measured than with other opponents. They say that great opposition brings out the best in you. I think these ladies are the rivalry that each of them needed. Since their fights, they have been taking names with no real challenges on the horizon.

Fair assessment.

I think Val has a more polished game, but Nunes is more effective in some key ways.

For example Val throws a more diverse array of strikes, where Nunes sticks to mostly 1-2 fundamental type combos and some kicks but nothing flashy... But her hands are deadly powerful and accurate and she has a very unique way of extending her punches to land at distances where it doesn't seem like she should be able to even reach her opponent.

Which is better?

Valentina picks people apart and it is a beautiful display of striking skill. But Nunes overwhelms people so much that they can't survive. Val's opponents wilt. Nunes opponents freeze and crumble.

Agreed. Nunes does have deceptive range. I think it is important for Nunes to keep it simple employing the power punching style because cardio could factor in for power strikers. She has obviously learned this.

Good analysis in my opinion. Watching Nunes is like watching a mugging and watching Val is like watching a cat torture a mouse.

I think they are both great.

You can make an argument that your opinion is that she possesses the better skill set on a per pound basis, but she is still well shy of Nunes in terms of her MMA resume.

And Nunes is 2-0 head to head with Val. Sure, they were competitive fights and Nunes is bigger, but Nunes won both.

Nunes has better stopping power with her strikes and has a relatively similar ability to win with grappling if needed.

I love Valentina. She is well rounded, and exceptional striker, mentally tough as hell, trained her whole life, elite athlete. She is a beast. But where does she demonstrate a clear technical advantage over Nunes?
Well I also scored their 2nd fight for Shev, and considering she's smaller I don't think it's crazy to say P4P age has the better skillset.

Resumé has nothing to so with the point I was making. Shev never fought any of those girls, but she would probably beat Ronda and Tate, let's be real. Cyborg would be too big.

Shevchenko also never lost to Alexis Davis, Cat Zingano, and whatever other 2 cans Nunes has lost to.

And she’s faced more skilled competition. Amanda can pad her stats beating Megan Andersons but Shev has a better resume still
Yeah, Priscilla Cachoeira and Lauren Murphy are so much better than Nunes opponents, like 4 of the top 5 other greatest 135+ pounders ever.

Your argument is stupid. Whos better Chuck or Rampage? How about Fedor or Matt Mitrione? Weidman or Silva? Just because someone lost to another fighter spent mean that the fighter who won is the better overall fighter. In boxing Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas. Would any of you argue Douglas is a better boxer than Tyson?
Rampage is better than Chuck. Not only did he KO him twice in different MMA rulesets, he also had the better, longer career. You're right on the other 2 though, Fedor and Silva eclipse their opponents.

Bro, I remember you from the bagel shop video!

"It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Proof that Mark Twain is an idiot.

She's clearly the better dancer.

And she’s faced more skilled competition. Amanda can pad her stats beating Megan Andersons but Shev has a better resume still
Yeah way more skilled, like Jessica Eye or Priscila Cachoeira. Or when she beat “surprising losing streak after USADA” Holly Holm.

Not even remotely true.

Cyborg
Ronda
Tate
Valentina 2x
Holm
GDR 2x

No fighter in wmma comes close to having that resume and no one will anytime soon.

Not even remotely true.

Cyborg
Ronda
Tate
Valentina 2x
Holm
GDR 2x

No fighter in wmma comes close to having that resume and no one will anytime soon.
Valentina didn't cut any weight to fight at 135. Amanda walks around at least 20lbs heavier than her. Just making the fights close proves Valentina is the better fighter.

i can bend two dykes like that and you including at the same time, in the same cage. Just because you're pussy ass F@g don't think we are all the same.

Nah.

She would DESTROY you at will.

Back