vBookie Fantasy Hockey League V9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff. He looks like the real deal. We went Friday night, of course. Fireworks show and good weather, but up 8-0 and then 10-3 and lose 12-11 in 11 innings? lol
Ya he's been pretty damn good so far. How was the turnout at the ballpark?

Ya he's been pretty damn good so far. How was the turnout at the ballpark?

It was "OK", but my daughter got a couple straight "A" tickets and I bought a dozen more (cheap seats at discounted rate of like $8 or something) and took some friends. It was also a Friday night home game and the first "fireworks Friday" which includes a 20-minute or so serious fireworks show on the river after the game. So more than would normally have shown up, frankly.

As is my normal procedure, while friends started drinking and kids eating crap, I watched the game and the seats FAR below us to find a row where the owners were clearly out-of-town or not coming. 5th inning starts, I give it the "follow me"...
My wife and daughter know what's up and I had mentioned to one guy prior to the game. Walk WAY on down and as we approach the ushers I tell everyone (including the kids) "OK now, follow me and walk tall and act like you belong here. This is your seat!" and I walk to the aisle and say "The seats are right down here" as I pass the usher and walk us down to 8th row directly off 1st base and we sit in the EMPTY row of 15 or 20. lol
I think some of them (and their kids for sure) it was the best seats they'd been in. Ever.
My normal $8 seats. lol
They told me some idiot behind them (we were quiet and respectful) on the end said "Oh, priveledged seating..." sarcastically three different times but they intentionally didn't tell me (I was on the other end) because they knew I'd reply "How about you shut up before you catch a privelged beating, buddy?" and we would have all been kicked out. lol
Anyway, I guess he got shushed by someone with him after the 3rd time in the first 45 seconds and then kept his mouth shut and everyone ignored him and had a blast.

Attendance overall this year has us worst in the league next to Miami or did at one point, I think I read. I've seen a couple highlights or games on TV where it looked like there were 5,000 people in there. Basically, the good seats not even full and only little pockets or pairs of people in the cheap seats. Sad.

It was "OK", but my daughter got a couple straight "A" tickets and I bought a dozen more (cheap seats at discounted rate of like $8 or something) and took some friends. It was also a Friday night home game and the first "fireworks Friday" which includes a 20-minute or so serious fireworks show on the river after the game. So more than would normally have shown up, frankly.

As is my normal procedure, while friends started drinking and kids eating crap, I watched the game and the seats FAR below us to find a row where the owners were clearly out-of-town or not coming. 5th inning starts, I give it the "follow me"...
My wife and daughter know what's up and I had mentioned to one guy prior to the game. Walk WAY on down and as we approach the ushers I tell everyone (including the kids) "OK now, follow me and walk tall and act like you belong here. This is your seat!" and I walk to the aisle and say "The seats are right down here" as I pass the usher and walk us down to 8th row directly off 1st base and we sit in the EMPTY row of 15 or 20. lol
I think some of them (and their kids for sure) it was the best seats they'd been in. Ever.
My normal $8 seats. lol
They told me some idiot behind them (we were quiet and respectful) on the end said "Oh, priveledged seating..." sarcastically three different times but they intentionally didn't tell me (I was on the other end) because they knew I'd reply "How about you shut up before you catch a privelged beating, buddy?" and we would have all been kicked out. lol
Anyway, I guess he got shushed by someone with him after the 3rd time in the first 45 seconds and then kept his mouth shut and everyone ignored him and had a blast.

Attendance overall this year has us worst in the league next to Miami or did at one point, I think I read. I've seen a couple highlights or games on TV where it looked like there were 5,000 people in there. Basically, the good seats not even full and only little pockets or pairs of people in the cheap seats. Sad.
Haha good execution on going to the better seats. If they are empty that deep in the game who cares, like you said the stadium wasn't packed. The guy sitting behind you guys was/is a classic douche bag lol. Always gotta be a few of them hanging around

Attendance is down at a bunch of the parks. The usual ones though like Tampa/Arizona/Miami etc... It's a shame too because the Rays have a decent team finally. I hate seeing all those fantastic seats empty

I'd like to catch a few games this season

@helax, we gonna have boxing wagers up? I'll be in Indy tomorrow, but I should be able to watch the DAZN show there. Not sure where the other bouts are being televised. Well, let's see...
https://schedule.boxingscene.com/
Oh, Fox Sports for the Devon Alexander fight. I may be able to see both.

E9ZoCVc.gif

<28>

@PHATV damn bud never seen you with dubs!

Kessel to yotes for chucky lol @Mohawk Mauler

Yup i seen that i am happy for him i hope he gets a cup with them,i always called it the kid has a wicked shot it reminds me of Ovi for sure.

he will shine with Crosby/Malkin/Geuntzel

Im salty as fuck we couldnt land Duchene,fuck you preds!

Years ago someone gave me some beliveau collector piece of something I can’t remember what it is lol. Not a Habs fan but he knew I liked hockey

Can we just go ahead and declare myself champ for the upcoming season already
<Moves>

I'm in for this season, btw.

Been way too fucking busy to even sherdog lately!! Miss yas!!!

I'm in for this season, btw.

Been way too fucking busy to even sherdog lately!! Miss yas!!!

Oh dont lie i see you online on xbox 24/7 bro lol

More chumps to join up and beat down on my way to 2 straight championships
<Moves>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back