Verdict on Bring Me The Horizon?

Randlewand

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Disclaimer - I don't follow music much nowadays except for a couple random bands here and there.

What's the verdict on Bring Me The Horizon? I don't really know anything about them except that Mick Gordon worked with them on their most recent record. Thanks.

First album is decent
Second has a few decent songs, mostly garbage
Third has decent songs, some garbage,
Sempiternal, the 4th one is their best
Turn into a shitty pop-rock band after this
Summed up, they get a ton of hate, and some of it is justified, but they do possess some talented musicians in the band and some good songs imo

I was on my way out of the metal/screamo scene as they arrived - I had no time for them but had massive respect for how young they were, in context, given the type of stuff they were playing. Definitely a talented group of boys, but I haven't heard anything since their early stuff.

Their recent Post Human: Survival Horror EP was decent, in a millennial Linkin Park fashion

I respect their relative longevity and commend them on their success. They are not original or interesting, but a good gateway band for someone looking to get into meaningful heavy music.

They had a few bangers when they first started out

I kinda checked out after their third album (and was kinda checking out of deathcore/screamo for the most part anyways) but it's cool they managed to stick around. I remember back in high school it seemed every skater/emo chick wanted to fuck Oli Sykes lol

They were a terrible deathcore band and now apparently they're a pop band lol

Back