Vergil Ortiz Jr vs Egidijus Kavaliauskas Aug.14th DAZN

I know Kavaliauskas is Baltic Latvian/Lithuanian but does anyone else notice they have like Greek sounding names? I always get confused w/ that shit.

Anyway both guys bring it, should be fun. Ortiz wins in a fun one.
lithuanian names always end in “as/us/is” im sure theres some macedonian connection there.

I know Kavaliauskas is Baltic Latvian/Lithuanian but does anyone else notice they have like Greek sounding names? I always get confused w/ that shit.

Anyway both guys bring it, should be fun. Ortiz wins in a fun one.

lithuanian names always end in “as/us/is” im sure theres some macedonian connection there.

I was thinking it may be linked to the Greek Orthodox Church in some way?

Egidijus m Lithuanian
Lithuanian form of Aegidius

From the Late Latin name Aegidius, which is derived from Greek αἰγίδιον (aigidion) meaning "young goat".

this will be ugly. the way vergil’s shoulders and hips snap into each punch is horrifying. i think this may go 5 or 6, if that.
probably, but Kavaliauskas is a good enough fighter that this will probably be Ortiz's best test yet. Definitely worth seeing if a Boots fight or a fight with the titlists can't be made.

probably, but Kavaliauskas is a good enough fighter that this will probably be Ortiz's best test yet. Definitely worth seeing if a Boots fight or a fight with the titlists can't be made.
hooker > kavaliauskas by a fairly large margin imo. regardless, im excited to see vergil back. feels like we might get to see (vicariously thru vergil) what mcclellan’s career would have been like if he never had the brain injury.

hooker > kavaliauskas by a fairly large margin imo. regardless, im excited to see vergil back. feels like we might get to see (vicariously thru vergil) what mcclellan’s career would have been like if he never had the brain injury.
the thing with hooker is I don't think he had hte power to really hold off Ortiz; Ortiz was probably one of the worst style matchups for him IMO. Kavaliauskas might be a worse textbook boxer, certainly isn't as rangy or creative, but we'll see what happens when he and ortiz exchange shots.

agreed, on all other counts. ortiz/boots can't happen soon enough.

Strange stuff.
Maybe Crawford fears from Vergil, therefore he needs to see how he will performs vs Mean Machine.
Vergil should win, big question is how he will look vs Machine?

All these are better than Mc Lellan.
Gerald had very huge power even for boxer with weight in weight like he had walked around.
His power was insane and ofc he also had cut weight.
Gerald had nicley padded record, then get shot highly ranked fighter in the ring, then a title shot.
After this they assumed that Nigel is enough old to beat up him.

Gerald's pure boxing skills per se were LEVELS below Wilder's level.
Today bunch with ppl are judging how low level Wilder is.
Gerald was levels below him.
Only insane power and good matchmaking.
It wasn't even close to Wilder's level, sorry.

Gerald had very huge power even for boxer with weight in weight like he had walked around.
Gerald had nicley padded record, then get shot highly ranked fighter in the ring, then a title shot.

this is so incorrect that i almost don’t want to acknowledge the fact that you brought up deontay wilder for some reason.

i was comparing vergil ortiz to mcclellan, not wilder, and mcclellan was twice the boxer that wilder is.

Hol'up. What?

Mean machine dropped Crawford. Should've been counted as a kd.
Yeah. Machine actually was best opponent Crawford had in this weight class where he is today.

Ortiz Jr is younger and in up coming phase, Machine looks that maybe is in decline phase so Vergil Ortiz Jr theoretically should win this one vs Machine. Will see.

Are you really comparing Gerald McClellan to Deontay Wilder, and suggesting McClellan was the inferior boxer?!

Stop drinking. But first, stop posting.

Its actually just because theyre both hyper-conservative languages. The ancestor of the language were speaking right now once had those -s endings.

Back