Vertx bags

jericksen5

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone own one? I’ve been using a Thule bag everyday to carry my laptop and shit for work. I stash my ccw in there as well, although it’s not designed for that in any way. Great bag but after 3 years one of the zippers has torn off into a hole, so I’m considering getting a bag designed for CCW that also doesn’t scream “there’s a gun in this bag”.
upload_2019-6-22_9-55-33.jpeg
upload_2019-6-22_9-57-24.png
upload_2019-6-22_9-57-11.jpeg
Vertx seems like the only bags I can find designed this way, but they’re at tad pricey at $150 to $210. Added features of having pockets designed to hold some of the more popular ballistic panels available. Anyone have one and want to chime in on how they like it? Or anyone find a slightly less expensive alternative?

Ease of access has to be considered when making this type of purchase. The time it takes to access a firearm is going to be more valuable than a few hundred dollars. It might mean your life.

Ease of access has to be considered when making this type of purchase. The time it takes to access a firearm is going to be more valuable than a few hundred dollars. It might mean your life.
I agree. Which is why I’ll probably end up with one.
I don’t normally bag carry outside of work, and it’s not on my back when I’m at work anyways, so god forbid I ever need fast access to my gun from my bag, I’m gonna be reaching into it on the floor anyways. But since I need a new bag at this point, i might as well get one that’s designed to carry a firearm more securely. I mostly like the other features of the vertx bags tho. They are nice non tactical looking bags. I really like that the main pocket zippers allow it to completely open 180 degrees, which will make packing a lot easier. The organization inside looks really well thought out, and they appear to be well made and highly durable.

I use the cannae 'legion' backpack at university and it doesnt stand out at all.

There are places I'm not 'meant' to carry on campus such as the labs etc...but I use this bag for those circumstances. Only $100, used it for a year no issues on motorcycle either.

The Legion Day Pack - Tactical Inspiration Everyday Functionality

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 10.39.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 10.39.23 AM.png
    653.7 KB · Views: 8
Nice bag but the Molle straps scream “tactical” to me. I have a maxpedition one similar.

i suppose it depends on where you frequent...at college ive seen a chick dressed head to toe in 'fashion camo' so a plain black bag like this doesnt stand out haha

i suppose it depends on where you frequent...at college ive seen a chick dressed head to toe in 'fashion camo' so a plain black bag like this doesnt stand out haha
Yeah in an office environment it’s more noticeable. I also travel for work frequently, and a bag like that will get me the taliban shakedown a lot more often with the TSA.

Yeah in an office environment it’s more noticeable. I also travel for work frequently, and a bag like that will get me the taliban shakedown a lot more often with the TSA.

yea not a chance I'd use it for travel. Mate I was on a DoD contract and had just flown from Dubai to LAX a few years ago. The cop stopped me and said 'the cameras have been watching you since you got off the plane.'

I said 'why'...he said "because you're wearing sunglasses and a baseball hat."

"Well I am wearing sunglasses because I have just been on a 20 hour flight and its sunshining through all the windows here, and I am wearing a ball cap because...I dont like my shaved head being burned overseas or in California..."

They proceeded to hold me for an hour and search my shit...one cunt even asked me to help him get a contracting job, while my wife and kid were waiting for me after doing an 8 week job in Iraq straight into a 12 week job in Afghan. The airport cops are as bad as the TSA in my opinion.

i have a Gamut EDC with a premier soft armor plate in it. Carries my ar-9 folder and a hand gun without looking 'tacticool'. Its a very streamline bag.

Now that i think about it, everyone at my job has a vertx bag of some sort. The commuter sling is pretty popular because as a single sling bag, you can pivot it around to your front quickly, and the 2 guys i work with that have it keep either a Sig Copperhead or MPX in it. the flap pulls down and vertx has this goofy velcro....origami, THING, you can use to make a holster within the bag. plus it still accommodates soft armor panels.

Last edited:
i have a Gamut EDC with a premier soft armor plate in it. Carries my ar-9 folder and a hand gun without looking 'tacticool'. Its a very streamline bag.

Now that i think about it, everyone at my job has a vertx bag of some sort. The commuter sling is pretty popular because as a single sling bag, you can pivot it around to your front quickly, and the 2 guys i work with that have it keep either a Sig Copperhead or MPX in it. the flap pulls down and vertx has this goofy velcro....origami, THING, you can use to make a holster within the bag. plus it still accommodates soft armor panels.
The gamut is the one I’m looking at. Thanks for positing. Anything you don’t like about it? Is it the one you’d get again?

I have a “sling” maxpedition bag I never use. I liked the ability to draw a firearm from it quickly, but having all the weight on a single strap was uncomfortable on my shoulder if I’m carrying it for hours at a time.

The gamut is the one I’m looking at. Thanks for positing. Anything you don’t like about it? Is it the one you’d get again?

I have a “sling” maxpedition bag I never use. I liked the ability to draw a firearm from it quickly, but having all the weight on a single strap was uncomfortable on my shoulder if I’m carrying it for hours at a time.
love it. i will say that if you happen to open carry, it rides just low enough that the bag will rest on the butt of most guns in an OWB holster.

love it. i will say that if you happen to open carry, it rides just low enough that the bag will rest on the butt of most guns in an OWB holster.
I’m 99% carrying AIWB, but good to know, thanks for the note.

Ended up getting the EDC Ready Pack 2.0 in grey. It’s pretty much what I expected. Seems really well made, materials seem durable. What I didn’t expect was how comfortable the shoulder straps are. Like the kind of comfort you’d get from a much bigger pack.

Not counting the expense designer stuff you guys are buying, what's the best :eek::eek::eek: bag to hide a heater in?

These look kinda neat
https://www.wish.com/m/c/5bd0126d5c8d9055875d8767?c={campaignId}&app_deep_link=d2lzaDovL2MvNWJkMDEyNmQ1YzhkOTA1NTg3NWQ4NzY3P2hpZGVfbG9naW5fbW9kYWw9dHJ1ZSZmcm9tX2FkPWdvb2dfc2hvcHBpbmcmX2Rpc3BsYXlfY291bnRyeV9jb2RlPVVTJl9mb3JjZV9jdXJyZW5jeV9jb2RlPVVTRCZwaWQ9Z29vZ2xlYWR3b3Jkc19pbnQmYz0lN0JjYW1wYWlnbklkJTdEJmFkX2NpZD01YmQwMTI2ZDVjOGQ5MDU1ODc1ZDg3NjcmYWRfY2M9VVMmYWRfY3Vycj1VU0QmYWRfcHJpY2U9My4wMCZpc19tYXhib29zdD10cnVlJmNhbXBhaWduX2lkPTE2MDM1NTQ2NjEmY2FtcGFpZ25faWQ9MTYwMzU1NDY2MSZnY2xpZD1FQUlhSVFvYkNoTUk3OE96cnUtNjR3SVZVUERBQ2gya0lRemxFQVFZQVNBQkVnS2ZWdkRfQndF&_force_currency_code=USD&hide_login_modal=true&ad_curr=USD&force_native_view=1&is_maxboost=true&pid=googleadwords_int&ad_price=3.00&campaign_id=1603554661&ad_cc=US&from_ad=goog_shopping&ad_cid=5bd0126d5c8d9055875d8767&_display_country_code=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI78Ozru-64wIVUPDACh2kIQzlEAQYASABEgKfVvD_BwE

Or maybe
44067_1.jpg

Something to throw people off?

I don't wanna spend more than $19.99 though.

Last edited:
A few pics of the EDC Ready Pack 2.0. I have my work laptop in there, which is quite a bit larger than the 15” size it’s made for in the sleeve, but it fits (albeit tightly).

Attachments

• BF2EBD07-CA34-4E07-B2C6-1C13121E5185.jpeg
    BF2EBD07-CA34-4E07-B2C6-1C13121E5185.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 22
  • D166D788-7DF0-4C64-9A90-B20503C36490.jpeg
    D166D788-7DF0-4C64-9A90-B20503C36490.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 958AA55E-C222-4515-ADC9-49F518AA1B3D.jpeg
    958AA55E-C222-4515-ADC9-49F518AA1B3D.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 261D8B7F-43FC-46C6-9F55-9E4FA8C0BB44.jpeg
    261D8B7F-43FC-46C6-9F55-9E4FA8C0BB44.jpeg