Video games you can play forever

I
Just couldn't get enough of raiding those dwemer ruins. So rich in lore. And the desolation of the landscape really adds to the feeling
Oblivion was my favorite Elder Scrolls. I still get the urge to go back and play each of them. Currently redownloading Skyrim, again lol.

Edit: I mean in Morrowind.
Play that shit if you haven't

Tenchu 1, woh, fatal shadows.

Link to the past, ocarina of time.

Mario 64.

Tlou1.

Spiderman ps4.

Tetris.

I can pretty much play Skyrim any time ever really; same to a slightly lesser extent with Diablo 2 and Saints Row 2+3

SoulCalibur series, Super Mega Baseball, Maxis-era SimCity games, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart/Party all really never get old either.

Oblivion was my favorite Elder Scrolls. I still get the urge to go back and play each of them. Currently redownloading Skyrim, again lol.
Oblivion is the best. I'm a little shocked at how many have listed Skyrim in this thread and how few have listed the Bliv.

I've noticed over the past week or so that you, sir, have exquisite taste in games.

I
Just couldn't get enough of raiding those dwemer ruins. So rich in lore. And the desolation of the landscape really adds to the feeling

Edit: I mean in Morrowind.
Play that shit if you haven't
I've played a lot of Morrowind but never actually completed it. I have it installed with some graphics mods now and it actually looks pretty good. It's definitely something I'll go back to every once in a while. I'm currently playing the re-release of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. One of my favorite games ever, the graphics aren't as bad as I was expecting either. That's another game of great replayability because you can import your character into extreme mode and play all over again.

Ace Combat 7. Soaring through the skies to a kick ass soundtrack is amazing.

Platinumed Sekiro and keep coming back for more.

I've stepped away from Monster Hunter World but put 1100 hours into it. Does that count?

Mostly NES games since they are made to play in one sitting. I can play games like Contra, Ninja Gaiden and Punch Out on a whim and they are always fun and a challenge. I never get tired of beating them or trying to beat them.

That's one thing I miss about gaming. Everything is cinematic and requires hours and hours of commitment. I miss being able to spend 30-45 minutes and completely beating a game while having fun.

Contra and Punch Out are relatively easy to me whenever I go back. After some warm-ups i can beat Contra without dying (usually just dying once). Punch-Out I usually can take it all the way to Mike and either beat him in a few tries or get very close.

But Ninja Gaiden? Forget it... That last map and the boss... fuckin' insane IMO. Sure I've seen speedruns and I could emulate its formula but i want to remember how hard that bitch was...

System Shock 2.
StarCraft 2.
Doom, Quake
Tetris
Any of the Mario games
Prime 1 and 2

Contra and Punch Out are relatively easy to me whenever I go back. After some warm-ups i can beat Contra without dying (usually just dying once). Punch-Out I usually can take it all the way to Mike and either beat him in a few tries or get very close.

But Ninja Gaiden? Forget it... That last map and the boss... fuckin' insane IMO. Sure I've seen speedruns and I could emulate its formula but i want to remember how hard that bitch was...

The trick without speed running is really frame glitching enemies and getting the spin slash. It will kill the first boss in one hit. The 2nd form, there's another slash trick you can use. If you beat him or mange to hold on to the spin slash, you can beat the 3rd form in 2 hits.

I'd like to see someone beat it without glitching though. That would take some real skill. I know as a kid I would always die on the 2nd boss form and give up since it sends you back to the beginning. I had no idea each boss form stays dead or I would have kept trying.

GTA San Andreas, GTA IV trilogy, MW2, Fight Night Champion, EA UFC 3, Skate 3, SSX 3, UFC Undisputed 3

7513b0f30f425cad5096f8b55db51d98.png
they just gave that away for free on epic games

Probably an unpopular opinion but I play 2-3 hours of Red Dead 2 Online daily - more on a weekend.

Then its probably a split between Cold War and Modern Warfare.

I own pretty much all of the COD and BF games but very, very rarely play any of them.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I play 2-3 hours of Red Dead 2 Online daily - more on a weekend.

Then its probably a split between Cold War and Modern Warfare.

I own pretty much all of the COD and BF games but very, very rarely play any of them.
RDR2 is awesome. Don't think anyone reasonable would find issue with you there, friend.

@SaiWa Do you like Super Punch Out and Wii's Punch Out? I find myself going back to the Wii one over and over.

Another game I keep coming back to is Final Fantasy IX. Very well done equipment/ability system, lots of fun side quests and hidden things, and there's a new mod that completely overhauls the visuals. And I mean everything-- not just higher polycount and more faithful design of models, but they recreated all the assets for the prerendered backgrounds. Each "map" has been completely redone.

ELHQVk9WwAA6v7T.png

GQuuLdbfdTvaot7ej9d6SY.jpg

bgtEWaWeGP9iUSyaPcTJjX-1200-80.jpg

RDR2 is awesome. Don't think anyone reasonable would find issue with you there, friend.

@SaiWa Do you like Super Punch Out and Wii's Punch Out? I find myself going back to the Wii one over and over.

Another game I keep coming back to is Final Fantasy IX. Very well done equipment/ability system, lots of fun side quests and hidden things, and there's a new mod that completely overhauls the visuals. And I mean everything-- not just higher polycount and more faithful design of models, but they recreated all the assets for the prerendered backgrounds. Each "map" has been completely redone.

ELHQVk9WwAA6v7T.png

GQuuLdbfdTvaot7ej9d6SY.jpg

bgtEWaWeGP9iUSyaPcTJjX-1200-80.jpg

Surprisingly no to all three games you mentioned.

Punch Out for NES was memorable to me because it was hard then but became fun and easy through sheer memorization from repeated playing. Super Punch Out was not memorable to me because it was too easy. I remember beating it relatively quickly and was like "that's it?". I skipped out on the Wii's Punch Out. I didn't use my Wii too much.

I regret not playing FF IX. I bought it but didn't play it. Didn't have the time. Always meant to go back to it but with so many new and better games out i can't bring myself to play something that old.

Let's see,

Dead Rising , DR 2, DR 3, Off The Record

Final Fantasy 7(1997 not the remake) to 12

Planescape Torment

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, SWKOTR 2

Clock Tower 1 and 2

That's all I can think of

I tend to play games that have systems you can play forever. Some of my favorites are;

X-Com 2
Cities: Skylines
Mount & Blade: Bannerlord
Stellaris

Hard because I know when the sequel comes on a great game...I'm all in, so I can't say Skyrim for example (stated the ES with Morrowind, played the fuck out of Oblivion, but have to evolve) other choices are the Fallout (FO2 guy here) and GTA.

Games I still fuck with no matter what when the mood hits. ..

Minecraft
Rocksmith
RDR2...because that was my first RD game...and there's nothing better in the franchise
FF3 (SNES version on emulator)
MechWarrior Mercenaries
Master of Magic
Master of Orion 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2 - Best remaster of all time IMO....

Back