Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread, v.1

It doesn't make sense though. The question is why does more sexually charged content get a total free pass from everyone, but cleavage from another game is censored?

Multiplatform, PC, which came first, means f*** all, when the publisher puts it on it's platform and sells it. It's still available, the same set of scrutiny, ratings, rules clearly did not apply to some games, so why the double standard?

BG3 was revered before it even came to console, proof that it wouldn't be an issue when released on console.

Also, Stellar Blade is an exclusive to Sony. If Sony were the ones who ordered the censorship, it's probably because they felt that what was censored may have looked bad on them, as it was a exclusive for them. The spotlight would be on the competitors as well if seeing dick in Cyberpunk was a problem.

But with that said, from what little I've seen online, SHIFT UP did it to themselves. Not Sony, not Twitter, SHIFT UP did it.

So basically, the answer lies with the developer.

BG3 was revered before it even came to console, proof that it wouldn't be an issue when released on console.

Also, Stellar Blade is an exclusive to Sony. If Sony were the ones who ordered the censorship, it's probably because they felt that what was censored may have looked bad on them, as it was a exclusive for them. The spotlight would be on the competitors as well if seeing dick in Cyberpunk was a problem.

But with that said, from what little I've seen online, SHIFT UP did it to themselves. Not Sony, not Twitter, SHIFT UP did it.

So basically, the answer lies with the developer.
Reverence doesn't explain why one game is censored and the other isn't. Stellar Blade has been hyped for years as well, even when it was known as Project Eve. The whole marketing, campaign, hype, interviews stated that it would not be censored, anywhere. Yet day one, there is a patch for it's release.

Exclusiveness doesn't hold either, when all games are released, sold, on their platform. It makes less sense when other platforms sell BG3/Cyberpunk as well, and does not uphold the same scrutiny or ethics.

Of course, they would try to get the people to believe it was SHIFT UPs decision, yet that goes counter to everything they've said for years: "no censorship."

None of that makes sense. Reverence, multi-platforms, doesn't excuse the fact that one game shows cleavage, others show far more, are sold on those platforms, hyped up just the same, yet cleavage is censored.

Why does Stellar Blade get censored, when other games, sold on the same platforms, with the same publishers in the end, get censored and the others get praised?

Double standards.

Reverence doesn't explain why one game is censored and the other isn't. Stellar Blade has been hyped for years as well, even when it was known as Project Eve. The whole marketing, campaign, hype, interviews stated that it would not be censored, anywhere. Yet day one, there is a patch for it's release.

Exclusiveness doesn't hold either, when all games are released, sold, on their platform. It makes less sense when other platforms sell BG3/Cyberpunk as well, and does not uphold the same scrutiny or ethics.

Of course, they would try to get the people to believe it was SHIFT UPs decision, yet that goes counter to everything they've said for years: "no censorship."

None of that makes sense. Reverence, multi-platforms, doesn't excuse the fact that one game shows cleavage, others show far more, are sold on those platforms, hyped up just the same, yet cleavage is censored.

Why does Stellar Blade get censored, when other games, sold on the same platforms, with the same publishers in the end, get censored and the others get praised?

Double standards.

I don't think I can keep going round in circles with you mate.

So yeah, my opinion? A combination of the perception of western audiences being extremely critical and the exclusivity deal meaning that "moral standards" are enforced more vigorously on a weaker developer, IF Sony were responsible for this.

I'm dropping out. Nice chatting with you mate.

Goodnight.

I don't think I can keep going round in circles with you mate.

So yeah, my opinion? A combination of the perception of western audiences being extremely critical and the exclusivity deal meaning that "moral standards" are enforced more vigorously on a weaker developer, IF Sony were responsible for this.

I'm dropping out. Nice chatting with you mate.

Goodnight.
Sony is 100% responsible, they decide what they sell on their platform, what people can buy, what they publish.

However, the western audiences have clearly shown they are 100% OK with BG3 / Cyberpunk, as evident by the accolades, recognition, and sales. If Sony was worried about the western audience perception, it doesn't make sense since BG3 has done so well. They should have just let cleavage be cleavage since bestiality sells and is OK. I think this shows how if anything, they are worried from mainstream woke media perception, not the actual gamers who buy the product. None of this makes any sort of sense in the end, the same scrutiny, ratings system just does not apply to Stellar Blade, for some reason.

Have a goodnight.

Is it really spelled without the first "a"?

I thought it's with it since it's referring to "beasts"?

Isn't a bestialist just some sort of person who climbs any social/professional ladder they can find, trying to be the best?

Also, has anyone yet asked why one thing is ok but another is not ITT?
<36>

Back