W&T General Discussion Thread

Uh oh, cliffs: John Dudley jumped ship to PSE. I wonder how long it will take Joe Rogan and all his lemmings to follow suit.

Real talk: as someone who isn't that brand loyal, doesn't trade up every season, nor someone who tries that hard at mirroring a hunting celebrity's set up, I admire what John Dudley does for the archery community. He provides a lot of free, DIY bow tuning videos and helps people be more self sufficient in that respect.

The only person who has impressed me more, with regards to sponsorships, variety and classiness, is Jerry Miculek; who I expected to be a blatant S&W shill, but would feature a ton of cool shit on his channel.

I agree. Dudley is one of the few guys that I feel isn't a total shill in the bow/firearm market. A lot of the stuff he talks about goes over my head since I've fallen away from the compound bow in recent years, but I still enjoy listening to what he has to say. I'm sure PSE drove a Brinks truck to his house which made the transition easier as well. :)

As far as Rogan goes he can still mention Hoyt every time he talks about his bff Cam Hanes so he's all good.

I know I'm preaching to the choir saying it in this subforum, but gun people are some of the best and kindest people out there.

Was at a nice big gun store with my wife, looking at some guns to see how they fit her hand and to possibly buy her one, even just a target 22 pistol to get her into shooting as she's been wanting to. Well, due to some medical stuff we have going on at the moment. She fainted right there in the store with 0 warning. Thankfully I caught enough of her coat jacket to let her go to the ground slowly and not bash her head.

Instantly, the clerk behind the counter was around it, as I was down with my unconscious wife. Asking if this was normal or if he needed to call 911. I told him to call and he did. Wife came too in about 5 seconds, and by that time two female customers had come over to see what they could do to help. One went and got a cold wet towel wondering if it was due to her just over heating. Another employee of the store was a volunteer fire fighter and emt going to paramedic school, and he came over and started taking her vitals before ambulance crew even got there and asking calm questions to see how her brain was working. A guy customer asked if she wanted him to get her a Gatorade from the vending machine if it was low blood sugar or dehydration.

Everyone was super nice, supportive, wanting to help but knowing when to stay out of way to not clutter. Really, the best place this sort of thing could happen in. Wifey is all fine from everything we can tell after getting her checked out.

I know I'm preaching to the choir saying it in this subforum, but gun people are some of the best and kindest people out there.

Was at a nice big gun store with my wife, looking at some guns to see how they fit her hand and to possibly buy her one, even just a target 22 pistol to get her into shooting as she's been wanting to. Well, due to some medical stuff we have going on at the moment. She fainted right there in the store with 0 warning. Thankfully I caught enough of her coat jacket to let her go to the ground slowly and not bash her head.

Instantly, the clerk behind the counter was around it, as I was down with my unconscious wife. Asking if this was normal or if he needed to call 911. I told him to call and he did. Wife came too in about 5 seconds, and by that time two female customers had come over to see what they could do to help. One went and got a cold wet towel wondering if it was due to her just over heating. Another employee of the store was a volunteer fire fighter and emt going to paramedic school, and he came over and started taking her vitals before ambulance crew even got there and asking calm questions to see how her brain was working. A guy customer asked if she wanted him to get her a Gatorade from the vending machine if it was low blood sugar or dehydration.

Everyone was super nice, supportive, wanting to help but knowing when to stay out of way to not clutter. Really, the best place this sort of thing could happen in. Wifey is all fine from everything we can tell after getting her checked out.

Scary shit, man. Damn. Glad all's well.

Here's a list of bills my state is considering. For ease, I just expect them all to pass.

https://hifico.org/PSM0206/?fbclid=IwAR0sE1HI8dd84OCdZ1Efm32WR_EG8iW7Br5YukWTpNHoYVxkbxp8whjjVM4

Among the stupidity.
  • Banning rifle mags over 10 rounds (has only been pistol)
  • Banning .50 caliber (not BMG, all .50)
  • Requiring a firearm registration and ID be presented in order to buy ammo
  • Charge an increased fee to apply for a carry permit (which they always deny)
  • Requirement to un-register all guns permanently moved out of state
That last one actually makes some sense, but when I leave the jurisdiction with my guns I'm not too concerned over this "petty misdemeanor".

Wish I could do something shorter than 16" where I live. :rolleyes:
Here's a list of bills my state is considering. For ease, I just expect them all to pass.

https://hifico.org/PSM0206/?fbclid=IwAR0sE1HI8dd84OCdZ1Efm32WR_EG8iW7Br5YukWTpNHoYVxkbxp8whjjVM4

Among the stupidity.
That last one actually makes some sense, but when I leave the jurisdiction with my guns I'm not too concerned over this "petty misdemeanor".

visit-arizona-what-to-see.gif

sunsetazfix22V99C.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

bf83c18481dd13e2bfa3ead88c7481ac.gif

6a00e54fdb30b98834022ad3a07b4a200b-pi

downburst.jpg

Among the stupidity.
Fkn gun grabbing assholes.

Fkn gun grabbing assholes.

I wonder if I'll be getting a letter in the mail regarding my registered .50's. Or maybe they'll just show up and take a look around. Pretty sure they're adding the law requiring un-registration so that when pigs come around to confiscate your guns you can't reasonably say you legally disposed of them.

Registration leads to confiscation. It sure as fuck doesn't lead to preventing murders or solving them.

I wonder if I'll be getting a letter in the mail regarding my registered .50's. Or maybe they'll just show up and take a look around. Pretty sure they're adding the law requiring un-registration so that when pigs come around to confiscate your guns you can't reasonably say you legally disposed of them.

Registration leads to confiscation. It sure as fuck doesn't lead to preventing murders or solving them.
Fk man.....sucks. Been battling here in VA so I understand. It's looking like their major bills here won't go through. They did get some stupid shit that will do absolutely nothing to prevent anything passed. Bloomberg's bitch ass is supposed to be in Arlington Sunday....vcdl is staging a protest. That little rat fk bastard is spending huge money all over pushing for gun control.

Fk man.....sucks. Been battling here in VA so I understand. It's looking like their major bills here won't go through. They did get some stupid shit that will do absolutely nothing to prevent anything passed. Bloomberg's bitch ass is supposed to be in Arlington Sunday....vcdl is staging a protest. That little rat fk bastard is spending huge money all over pushing for gun control.

Where are the whiners about money in politics when it comes to Bloomberg using his billions to prop up candidates and push through laws in states he doesn't reside? With his campaign to undermine everyone's rights, he's the definition of a domestic enemy. Protests ain't gonna man shit to that guy (and his armed guards).

States need to pass laws that disallow political advertising that's funded from outside the jurisdiction in which they're seeking to influence opinion. Just like 2A rights exist throughout the country, that doesn't mean you get to move them across state lines willy-nilly. Or nationally, since like with guns, the commerce clause trumps your right to transfer or share them without government standards and approval.

Where are the whiners about money in politics when it comes to Bloomberg using his billions to prop up candidates and push through laws in states he doesn't reside? With his campaign to undermine everyone's rights, he's the definition of a domestic enemy. Protests ain't gonna man shit to that guy (and his armed guards).

States need to pass laws that disallow political advertising that's funded from outside the jurisdiction in which they're seeking to influence opinion. Just like 2A rights exist throughout the country, that doesn't mean you get to move them across state lines willy-nilly. Or nationally, since like with guns, the commerce clause trumps your right to transfer or share them without government standards and approval.
I agree 100%. Just doing anything and everything I can within my reach.....
Bloomberg is a complete pos. Stop and frisk, no guns for the common man, no sugary drinks for peasants....he's the classic shit head that knows exactly what's best for you and will spend millions to make sure that it gets forced upon you. I don't hate many people but that motherfucker is one that I hate with a passion.

On a positive note....my lantac trigger was in the mailbox this evening and now resides in my newest sbr.

Anybody cancelling trips and shit? I've got one booked in like 5-6 weeks. Not optimistic.

Anybody cancelling trips and shit? I've got one booked in like 5-6 weeks. Not optimistic.

If I had 1 planned I wouldn't cancel it. From what I've read it's a 99.7% recovery rate for people under 60 or something like that. Unless your immune system is compromised it just sounds like people end up just fine. I'd keep an eye on things so it doesn't get worse or whatever but so far from what I've read it wouldn't stop me from doing stuff.

If I had 1 planned I wouldn't cancel it. From what I've read it's a 99.7% recovery rate for people under 60 or something like that. Unless your immune system is compromised it just sounds like people end up just fine. I'd keep an eye on things so it doesn't get worse or whatever but so far from what I've read it wouldn't stop me from doing stuff.

The wrinkle here is my employer. Anyone returning from any places designated emergency areas (or whatever) will need to self-quarantine for 14 days and get a doctor's note before returning to work. In the next few weeks that's probably gonna be everywhere in the US. That's a pain in the ass.

Since I booked the trip around a concert, I'll probably decide based on whether or not the show goes on.

Babymoon with the wife to Chicago (driving, not flying) in 3 weeks. Really don’t know if that’ll happen. I think this is peak panic time and in 5ish days we’ll know if it’s being overdone or if we’re on the track of Italy so waiting to make decisions.

Man, having a pregnant wife right now is really making this difficult. Worried about her and the baby if this goes off like the hype. I could most likely ride through it like a flu so whatever. Her and the little one though.....

Babymoon with the wife to Chicago (driving, not flying) in 3 weeks. Really don’t know if that’ll happen. I think this is peak panic time and in 5ish days we’ll know if it’s being overdone or if we’re on the track of Italy so waiting to make decisions.

Man, having a pregnant wife right now is really making this difficult. Worried about her and the baby if this goes off like the hype. I could most likely ride through it like a flu so whatever. Her and the little one though.....

Driving helps. But yeah, with a baby it's something I wouldn't want to risk.

I think it's gonna get worse over the rest of the month. All these even cancellations are a good thing, in spite of the suckitude for the fans.

No, I'm still going to Disneyland and coming back with a bunch of Star Wars shit. COVID-19 has reached ludicrous levels of sensationalism.

Back