W&T General Discussion Thread

I'm gonna bitch about work for a moment.

They say they've identified positions that can do work from home and set up telecommuting. I ask for each the last few days why I'm still driving in instead of dialing in. Crickets.

They say there's extra sick days (15) for people who meet certain criteria. One of which is living in a county with a shelter in place order. Whole state of Cali (where head office is) just got the order. On the company conference call today all that's mentioned is how we're critical infrastructure and people need to come to work. Well that's not new fuckin' info. So if my state declares the order then am I expected to come in, or do I have 15 days to hide out at home?

Shitty leadership isn't just on the part of the government.

My state doesn’t have shelter in place yet but they’re asking support staff to come in on a rotating schedule.... but send you home if you sneeze or cough.... during allergy season...... yyreeaaahhhhh

My state doesn’t have shelter in place yet but they’re asking support staff to come in on a rotating schedule.... but send you home if you sneeze or cough.... during allergy season...... yyreeaaahhhhh

It's a fucking shitshow. You're part of the court system. That's an essential service when it comes to people who're currently having their rights suspended.

Serious question. How would you handle it?

It's a fucking shitshow. You're part of the court system. That's an essential service when it comes to people who're currently having their rights suspended.

Serious question. How would you handle it?
We have to be in for work 100% I get that.

I just wish people would stare at you like you have the plague if you sneeze once.

We have to be in for work 100% I get that.

I just wish people would stare at you like you have the plague if you sneeze once.

A guy in my office has been coughing and sneezing since returning from TX a week ago. It's hard not to be like wtf? Paranoia is ramping up.

Gentlemen, apparently I needed some stupid (yet somehow brilliant) humor. Thought maybe you could use some too.

I laughed continuously at the first 4-5 minutes.

Loved how the one figured it out and the other'd be fucking with him.

Then they both figured it out and were fucking with each other.

Then after kicking its ass, more or less, one looked like he was gonna fuck it.

Funny-Animal-Laughing-Sea-Lion-Picture.jpg

This video is a great lesson in the value of deescalation techniques on the part of law enforcement. Can't imagine what was driving the cop's decision-making, other than arrogance.

This video is a great lesson in the value of deescalation techniques on the part of law enforcement. Can't imagine what was driving the cop's decision-making, other than arrogance.

All of that was pathetic and mishandled.

What if we compare this bullshit to STD's? I mean, coronavirus. It's already talking about dick. Let's see how the tips on prevention stack up.
  • Staying at home is abstinence.
  • Social distancing is your condom. Or dental damn for the ladies.
  • Washing your hands? I'd say that overlaps.
  • Cleaning off surfaces.
  • Shop at hours with less people around. Kinda like playing ball when the herp ain't flared up.
Gotta say, I'm stumped on masks in public.

@AgonyandIrony, that bit's yours for $50. Sure, you got no audience right now to recoup that investment. But come this fall, post lockdown, as the next wave of death rolls around, it'll be gold.

Worth a listen from the self-defense perspective. This is a world-class MMA fighter talking about how hard a "regular Joe" was to deal with in a real life situation.

This video is what proponents for limiting magazine capacity don't get. They seem to think there's some rule you can't put in a new mag without emptying the old one.

Working from home has not been nearly as good as I thought it would be.

I've somehow been more productive at home and feel less, well, comfortable fucking around while "on the clock".

Working from home has not been nearly as good as I thought it would be.

I've somehow been more productive at home and feel less, well, comfortable fucking around while "on the clock".

Survivor's guilt?

Survivor's guilt?
IDK maybe?

Don't get me wrong I am super glad I didn't get furloughed but there's a part of me that wants the world to go back to normal so I can get out of my house and shit.

IDK maybe?

Don't get me wrong I am super glad I didn't get furloughed but there's a part of me that wants the world to go back to normal so I can get out of my house and shit.

I feel ya'. I'll be hitting the first happy hour the day shit opens back up.

On the plus side, this is keeping the wife from spending my money. :cool:

Keerhist!

Nagging woman kung-fu is ineffective for Police work.

Gotta be more:
EverlastingPrestigiousColt-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Anyone into body armor? I’ve been told to stay away from AR500.

Back