W&T General Discussion Thread

So talking to my local gun store owner it sounds like lvpo + offset red dot is the new craze.

Anyone run that here? Sounds good in theory but also sounds a bit cumbersome in terms of shit attached especially if you run a light as well. Also maybe I’m old school but I like some good old fashioned iron sights if technology fails.

So talking to my local gun store owner it sounds like lvpo + offset red dot is the new craze.

Anyone run that here? Sounds good in theory but also sounds a bit cumbersome in terms of shit attached especially if you run a light as well. Also maybe I’m old school but I like some good old fashioned iron sights if technology fails.

I've gotten to use them but don't own that set up yet. It will likely be my next build.

It's definitely the new hotness. With the aimpoint you have 50k+ hour battery life. Two bomb proof optics, one with an etched reticle.

72189760_3081151028567804_6912965878292152320_n-600x600.jpg

FAST-LPVO-Gun-1.jpg

FAST-LPVO-Gun-5.jpg

I use the Jim Shockey Primos Trigger Stick tripod. It's easy to adjust in any direction, and is well made for my uses.

I have a buddy with a couple of those trigger sticks and I've used them. Work well. I have a bog deathgrip as well. Somewhat heavy but works well.

I've got one but it's definitely not automatically a better set up than a red dot and magnifier. It completely depends on the caliber and it's intended use

I have it on one build....nx8 with arisaka 35 degree offset mount.

I've got one but it's definitely not automatically a better set up than a red dot and magnifier. It completely depends on the caliber and it's intended use

My next AR I was going to run holosun acss red dot + 3x flip and the range owner was telling me about the offset red dot option. Just don’t see the point unless I’m gonna shoot at something smaller 500 yard away. 3x + red dot seems just fine in most cases unless you’re trying to build an everything gun.

My next AR I was going to run holosun acss red dot + 3x flip and the range owner was telling me about the offset red dot option. Just don’t see the point unless I’m gonna shoot at something smaller 500 yard away. 3x + red dot seems just fine in most cases unless you’re trying to build an everything gun.
Yeah my lpvo+offset red dot is on my do everything 16" barreled 308 ar-10. I wouldn't consider it at all for a 5.56 for my use cases, maybe for some military units where they are forced to use 5.56 it would make sense. I've heard of some socom guys using the lpvo and red dot combo on mk18s for what it's worth

ive run drills from 25 yards to 150 yards, and never did better with a lpvo + offset vs just using an lpvo. in most timed events i actually did worse because of the added weight and time transitioning to vs just using the powered optic. at 3x, your ability to engage point blank targets with a both eyes open approach isnt 'tunnel visioned' in the slightest so i dont know why id want a red dot also mounted to accomplish that.
for reference my 2 LPVO's are a Trijicon accupoint 1-4x24 and a Vudu 1-6.

ive run drills from 25 yards to 150 yards, and never did better with a lpvo + offset vs just using an lpvo. in most timed events i actually did worse because of the added weight and time transitioning to vs just using the powered optic. at 3x, your ability to engage point blank targets with a both eyes open approach isnt 'tunnel visioned' in the slightest so i dont know why id want a red dot also mounted to accomplish that.
for reference my 2 LPVO's are a Trijicon accupoint 1-4x24 and a Vudu 1-6.
I've debated running an offset red dot like the Vortex Viper PST, or StrikeEagle, or Venom or Razor while running a 5-25 Viper PST or Razor.

I need to finish that AR10 first though and get the scope lol.

What did you decide was the ideal pull weight?

In my 6.5cm I went as light as possible with the adjustment screw seeming to still be secure. I think when I checked it on a trigger guage it was like 1lb 6-7oz.

In my 300 blk it's a bit under 2 lbs iirc. I'd have to check again. I originally had it lower and felt it was too light for that platform.

Idk I like light triggers.

The thing with Geissele that I've always liked is after you take up the first stage and rest on that wall it doesn't feel like I'm really applying pressure so when you decide to pull it only feels like a 1ish lb trigger at that point.

So when going to a single stage (or a triggertech with a near weightless first stage) I like it to feel light. I've tried 3.5lb single stages and I always find myself thinking they are heavier than they actually are.

In my 6.5cm I went as light as possible with the adjustment screw seeming to still be secure. I think when I checked it on a trigger guage it was like 1lb 6-7oz.

In my 300 blk it's a bit under 2 lbs iirc. I'd have to check again. I originally had it lower and felt it was too light for that platform.

Idk I like light triggers.

The thing with Geissele that I've always liked is after you take up the first stage and rest on that wall it doesn't feel like I'm really applying pressure so when you decide to pull it only feels like a 1ish lb trigger at that point.

So when going to a single stage (or a triggertech with a near weightless first stage) I like it to feel light. I've tried 3.5lb single stages and I always find myself thinking they are heavier than they actually are.

No problems with double taps?

I’ve got the TT Diamond in my all of my comp guns. Great triggers. I switched from Timney on my bolt guns and Geissele on my gasers. Haven’t had an issue yet, I had to switch again on the bolt guns when TT dropped their 2-stage.

I run every gun I own basically with a 2-stage. And besides the AI Comp Trigger - TT is p4p the best. But it’s also not very durable and a single pierced primer damage the trigger in a r700. So not my hunting gun trigger. A lot of guys at matches end up breaking TT. I know a few names that have gone through 4-5 of them.

Haven’t seen the AR trigger long enough but I carried it during a ruck match in Wyoming for 3-days and had no issues. Thus far they seem durable enough!

I think the TT primary is good too, if you’re not looking tp push the envelope with pull weight.

Back