Television WANDAVISION Discussion (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen the whole season of WANDAVISION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I know rotten tomatoes isn’t the holy grail. But this show started off in the 90s, and quickly smashed into the 70s. It’s slowly creeping up into the 80s, barely

Not gonna lie, I’ll watch the finale. Hopefully it delivers. I’ve watched 5 hours of Ho-hum, and I’m a comic nerd

Guess I’ll go back to Blue Devik

Still, Elizabeth Olsen is way hotter than johansen(?)

And Kathryn Hahn can put a spell on me anytine

We have 1 more episode left.

We had Fakesilver saying “snoopers gonna snoop” or something like that

what we gonna see?

As others have already mentioned, the state of Vision's dismembered body, with clearly visible wires sticking out, was a complete break from canon. In Age of Ultron, Vision is created in Dr Helen Cho's Regeneration Cradle from a mixture of Vibranium and Synthetic Flesh. He's a Synthazoid, not a Robot. For a show where the writing has been flawless, this was a clumsy mistake.

As others have already mentioned, the state of Vision's dismembered body, with clearly visible wires sticking out, was a complete break from canon. In Age of Ultron, Vision is created in Dr Helen Cho's Regeneration Cradle from a mixture of Vibranium and Synthetic Flesh. He's a Synthazoid, not a Robot. For a show where the writing has been flawless, this was a clumsy mistake.

Thought the same thing. Many things aren’t adding up tbh. And it’s not some cute “well because of this” some of it is lazy writing.

Maybe it was a fake body shown to Wanda or just made that way to make a more interisting image, either way I dont see the big fuss about it.

Maybe it was a fake body shown to Wanda or just made that way to make a more interisting image, either way I dont see the big fuss about it.

It wasn't a fake body. Hayward showed her the real thing because he was trying to manipulate her into bringing Vision back online.

I'm willing to overlook it given the generally high level of the series thus far, but I still found it jarring.

So unless Paul Bettany was doing some Tom Holland-level trolling, and the actor he'd wanted to work with his whole life was himself, we still have That Cameo to come in the last episode.

I think it will be Mark Hamell playing Nightmare;)

It wasn't a fake body. Haywardshowed her the real thing because he was trying to manipulate her into bringing Vision back online.

I'm willing to overlook it given the generally high level of the series thus far, but I still found it jarring.

But if she brought him back online there wouldnt she just take it with him?, Hayward wants the Vision as a weapon for him to control not the "person"/superhero back. So my guess was he wanted Wanda to abandon the idea of burying him or taking the body by showing her Vison was nothing more than pieces of metal, if she had even sense there was something there she would not have left Visions body without a fight so a fake body would serve that purpose. At that point he didnt know Wanda was capable of bringing him back to life, did he?.

I could be wrong about all that stuff but that was my take as I saw the scene.

So unless Paul Bettany was doing some Tom Holland-level trolling, and the actor he'd wanted to work with his whole life was himself, we still have That Cameo to come in the last episode.

I think it will be Mark Hamell playing Nightmare;)
We are still waiting on Ralph, I wonder if it’s someone working with Agatha not making her do things.

But if she brought him back online there wouldnt she just take it with him?, Hayward wants the Vision as a weapon for him to control not the "person"/superhero back. So my guess was he wanted Wanda to abandon the idea of burying him or taking the body by showing her Vison was nothing more than pieces of metal, if she had even sense there was something there she would not have left Visions body without a fight so a fake body would serve that purpose. At that point he didnt know Wanda was capable of bringing him back to life, did he?.

I could be wrong about all that stuff but that was my take as I saw the scene.

Disagree. Hayward wanted to get Vision back online. If that meant dealing with Wanda trying to leave with him, that was a risk he was willing to take. After all, he tried to kill her in the Hex with a missile.

Hayward specifically tells her that not everyone has the power to bring a loved one back to life. He was obviously pushing her to reboot Vision from the moment they met.

I'm not going to nitpick it because so far the canon of this giant universe has somehow been done pretty flawless but hoping that it was a fake Vision and that is why she said she could not feel him when she touched him. Just would seem like a DC sized plot hole otherwise to have him with all of those wires when even the most casual fan of these movies (like myself) knows better.

To be fair they do show muscle fibers as well so its not your standard robot with gears and motors for movement but I suspect there is a limit to what they can show to meet their intended rating, a chopped up semi organic body would be too much.

I know rotten tomatoes isn’t the holy grail. But this show started off in the 90s, and quickly smashed into the 70s. It’s slowly creeping up into the 80s, barely

I'm not really supprised as it is clearly a significant change of tone/style for Marvel and honestly even for big sci fish TV as a whole, less complex plot more tragic drama.

Personally I was converted to tears, sex and black polo neck style euro arthouse drama watching late night Channel 4 in the 90's.

To be fair they do show muscle fibers as well so its not your standard robot with gears and motors for movement but I suspect there is a limit to what they can show to meet their intended rating, a chopped up semi organic body would be too much.

I'm not really supprised as it is clearly a significant change of tone/style for Marvel and honestly even for big sci fish TV as a whole, less complex plot more tragic drama.

Personally I was converted to tears, sex and black polo neck style euro arthouse drama watching late night Channel 4 in the 90's.

Agreed. I was about to post the same thing. However, that's still a rare misstep in such a high quality show. They didn't need to show Vision dismembered like that; it had no effect on the plot. Wanda was already grieving for him. The sight of him cut into pieces did not send her over the edge. They could have shown Vision in one piece(except for the huge hole in his forehead)but grey in colour, just like Wanda sees him in Episode 3. Have him hooked up to machines and surrounded by SWORD scientists and it would have been clear that they were trying to bring him back online.

Agreed. I was about to post the same thing. However, that's still a rare misstep in such a high quality show. They didn't need to show Vision dismembered like that; it had no effect on the plot. Wanda was already grieving for him. The sight of him cut into pieces did not send her over the edge. They could have shown Vision in one piece(except for the huge hole in his forehead)but grey in colour, just like Wanda sees him in Episode 3. Have him hooked up to machines and surrounded by SWORD scientists and it would have been clear that they were trying to bring him back online.

To be fair as well I think Thanos killing Vision in Infinity War did give it a bit of a "techno" look with wires and fibres rather than blood and bone, espeically when he was dead, probably for the same reason.

Back