International War On Terror is an unmitigated disaster.

Gotta get the evil doers bro
Obviously that dont work. Washington was so focused on the military fight that it ignored the economic, political, and social grievances that inspires the jihadist movements, I would argue exacerbated them hence the growth. Especially all the innocents dead in what we called collateral damage.

All those huge 9/11 inspired attacks in USA that happened since 9/11 shows how it was a failed attempted to combat terrorism ......... right?.... right?

All those huge 9/11 inspired attacks in USA that happened since 9/11 shows how it was a failed attempted to combat terrorism ......... right?.... right?
That's because we became a security and surveillance state at home largely stopping large scale attacks. I think last one was Pensacola lone air force guy in 2019. Doesn't mean threat matrix isn't larger now nor American's are safe to travel. World is much more dangerous even if we are well garrisoned.

“War on terror” should have been tightening our borders, encouraging Europe to do the same (derp the money wanted Europe flooded so flood away derp) bombing terrorist camps into oblivion, and energy independence so we can tell saud to fk off.. but politicians like that money.

Obviously that dont work. Washington was so focused on the military fight that it ignored the economic, political, and social grievances that inspires the jihadist movements, I would argue exacerbated them hence the growth. Especially all the innocents dead in what we called collateral damage.

I think you meant the religion

The best way to combat terrorism caused by having issues with your foreign policy is to make your foreign policy even worse, everyone knows that.

ill trade you my goat for your sister... btw have you seen my clay hut and old russian ak 47??? some threat....

The War on Poverty has become Slavery 2.0 in the US.

We aren't good with these wars. Wat on drugs? Yikes. We are terrible.

When there is 300 million refugees and more nuclear armed states the War on terror will be over

Not sure exactly what Bin Laden was envisioning but it’s safe to say it exceeded beyond his wildest dreams.

As if 38 million refugees mainly entering into the West, 6 trillion USD and all the death and destruction wasnt enough:

"Twenty years after the 9/11 attacks, the global jihadist movement has more fighters in more countries than ever before"

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article/al-qaeda-isis-20-years-after-911
It would be very very hard to mount a 9-11 style operation now. So the war on terror has had some success. The Iraq war wasn't really about battling the jihadi terror, it was about reshaping the MidEast for Israel's benefit.

Im with you. “Unmitigated Disaster” would probably include attacks subsequent to 9/11 getting more and more deadly and sophisticated. The fact that 9/11 stands alone in the U.S. memory shows that we made some progress.

Back