War Room Lounge V129: Ignored Content Edition

Favorite Chess piece?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to say anything. Maybe the looters got to it.

Haha, I'm going to round 2. I Lead him around for turn after turn, chasing a win, only to show him it was all a ruse.

But wait, he won the first game against me on time...HAHA

edit button seems to be broken.

that's:
17. Qe5#

Is there room in this thread for being scared and distressed by widespead civil unrest, and terrified by the demonstration of the power of police forces that have militarized for the last 20 years? Or do I have to pick a side.

Because holy shit.

Is there room in this thread for being scared and distressed by widespead civil unrest, and terrified by the demonstration of the power of police forces that have militarized for the last 20 years? Or do I have to pick a side.

Because holy shit.
Join the party , plenty of room for one more .

It's been interesting to see police and protesters shit-kicking journalists so regularly. There are so many stories of journalists getting pepper-sprayed, pushed around, shot at with rubber bullets, arrested; shits crazy. What's most interesting is how little non-journalists seem to care about it, for the most part.

Does anyone know, did the media catch it like this during the LA riots? What about in the race riots in the 1960s?

I have a theory that this is partly a function of people disliking and mistrusting the media, but I'm leery of confirmation bias.

It's been interesting to see police and protesters shit-kicking journalists so regularly. There are so many stories of journalists getting pepper-sprayed, pushed around, shot at with rubber bullets, arrested; shits crazy. What's most interesting is how little non-journalists seem to care about it, for the most part.

Does anyone know, did the media catch it like this during the LA riots? What about in the race riots in the 1960s?

I have a theory that this is partly a function of people disliking and mistrusting the media, but I'm leery of confirmation bias.
As far as I'm aware, journalists have always been attacked by both police and protesters in these situations. So I don't see it as anything new.

Anyone listening to any music right now? If so post it and share for us to gather the sensations of your cortex.

lol

Even after the King went to the a file, just taking the Knight is still crushing I think. The pawns on the Kingside are beasts and the bishop is coming in like a sex criminal.

Yeah taking the knight is absolutely crushing. It's a bit disappointing to not be able to go ''check check mate'' but 3 connected passers are usually worth more than a minor piece.

I can see why he missed it; it's not easy to see over the board.

I didn't see it either, I'm terrible at those king hunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back