Warhammer 40k

whougonnacall

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dunno if theres a thread on this but thought id start one ..anyone a fan of this?
Love the lore for it

what1.gif

B6I9a88.gif

TBH I don't even play it. But I like the lore, been sort of fan of it since 1992 or something.

I read lore and lazily paint miniatures.

Flesh is fleeting, rot is eternal bro

300px-392px-Plague_marine.jpg

Liked the recent fall of cadia and fenris siege storylines
Any fav marine chapters or factions in general?
Find ut funny theres supposed to be about 1000 or so chapters but we always end up with the same 20 or so ones saving ths day

There's been threads off and on before but it's not a popular enough topic to sustain itself for very long. I personally have a SM (Salamanders) and Tau (Sa'cea Sept) army with some starter set leftovers for both Orks and Chaos.

As for the game itself, I can't wait to see what they do with 8th edition. The game has gotten suuuuper bloated and is in major need of a ground-up rework. It would be amazing if they did a set of free rules for it like with AoS, but 40k is their cash cow and Fantasy was a dying line so I'm not sure they'd be willing to go that route.

Liked the recent fall of cadia and fenris siege storylines
Any fav marine chapters or factions in general?
Find ut funny theres supposed to be about 1000 or so chapters but we always end up with the same 20 or so ones saving ths day

The books and what not are nothing more than advertising for the sale of minis like the old GI Joe comics/cartoon. They run with the main chapters and successor chapters to get that sweet sweet mini money.

I got out of 40k because I don't have the time to play as much as I would like or do any modeling. I also don't like the play style of 40k so it makes really hard to want to invest that much money and time into an army.

I was really into WHFB until AOS came out. Selling off the old the fantasy stuff now because fuck the new rules.

The new Blood Bowl rules and miniatures are fantastic. We are getting a league setup for teams this year. Chaos Dwarves will be slaughtering their way to the end zone once again.

The books and what not are nothing more than advertising for the sale of minis like the old GI Joe comics/cartoon. They run with the main chapters and successor chapters to get that sweet sweet mini money.

I got out of 40k because I don't have the time to play as much as I would like or do any modeling. I also don't like the play style of 40k so it makes really hard to want to invest that much money and time into an army.

I was really into WHFB until AOS came out. Selling off the old the fantasy stuff now because fuck the new rules.

The new Blood Bowl rules and miniatures are fantastic. We are getting a league setup for teams this year. Chaos Dwarves will be slaughtering their way to the end zone once again.
Dunno id said with the games and books etc gw are comming round to the idea more and more of using such a rich lore universe to make cash in other ways

There's been threads off and on before but it's not a popular enough topic to sustain itself for very long. I personally have a SM (Salamanders) and Tau (Sa'cea Sept) army with some starter set leftovers for both Orks and Chaos.

As for the game itself, I can't wait to see what they do with 8th edition. The game has gotten suuuuper bloated and is in major need of a ground-up rework. It would be amazing if they did a set of free rules for it like with AoS, but 40k is their cash cow and Fantasy was a dying line so I'm not sure they'd be willing to go that route.
Id say they will keep going as long as the cash keeps rolling in
The overpowered necron stuff needs to end though

I played through Dawn of War and a couple of its expansions back in 2007. Enjoyed it a lot.

Have owned Dawn of WAr 2 since about 2009 but at the time my PC could barely run it, so I haven't really played it. Some day.

The patron saint of Sherdoggers is obviously Nurgle
latest

Dunno id said with the games and books etc gw are comming round to the idea more and more of using such a rich lore universe to make cash in other ways

The new CEO is really turning stuff around and they are definitely pushing alternative revenue streams. The computer games have been fantastic for the most part (Blood Bowl 2 < BB: Chaos Edition). I have been really enjoying Mordhiem on the PC lately.

I played through Dawn of War and a couple of its expansions back in 2007. Enjoyed it a lot.

Have owned Dawn of WAr 2 since about 2009 but at the time my PC could barely run it, so I haven't really played it. Some day.
Give it a run. The play style is different but it is a blast to play.

Give it a run. The play style is different but it is a blast to play.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely want to play it, it's just my backlog of games is ludicrously large, and the amount of time I have to play my games is infinitesimal.

I read a bit about it while playing Dawn of War and WHO.

Back