Warhammer 40k

My immediate thought when I saw the Warhammer Plus article was "yeah, sure. good luck with that."
It could work. They have the technical expertise but the problem when GW is doing things on their own is always their lack of creativity. The books are great with some authors and they added to the richest Sci Fi Universe today but GW lacks to understand that. Everything they did on their own was cookie cutter mediocre stuff. I dont expect much in terms of dialog and narrative and especially there Warhammer could outshine everything. They will also add some SJW stuff like a lot of women to cater to the SJW crew which also will kill the vibe.

So no I dont think the sevice will be high level

Can you guys give me your input on something?
I suck at making promo material. I usually just pick a preset graphic style and export renders of the models as is, and then add the absolute basics (model title etc) before publishing.

I've been experimenting a bit with touching up the renders with colorization (see included image.)
I'm contemplating making a habit of it, but there are some arguments against it:

1. Lots of additional work
2. I'm probably not very good at it.
3. It might not actually be beneficial in terms of driving sales. Maybe potential customers don't want colorized renders at all, preferring more accurate depictions as it makes it easier to evaluate the quality of the product?
yREFVND.gif

If you look at the attached image files and you pretend that you are a potential customer looking for a 3d-printable object to purchase, which image version do you think is most likely to convert you into a buyer? The colorized one, or the monochrome?

720X720-finknight-insta-colored.jpg

720X720-icepromo-insta.jpg

Colorization adds nothing, if anything takes away to my eyes.

Do you know of anyone who 3D Prints Games workshop miniatures? I'm done supporting that company after all the garbage they have been pulling lately.

Do you know of anyone who 3D Prints Games workshop miniatures? I'm done supporting that company after all the garbage they have been pulling lately.

Get on telegram, there are dozens of group sharing STL
I have 5 full warmasters army,
printed many bits for my primaris, got a full feudal guard, a full krieg, some sisters proxies, necromunda gang proxies, lots of cyberpunk minis, etc etc

Also, the "garbage" was mostly influated by the cancerous community and some youtuber

Get on telegram, there are dozens of group sharing STL
I have 5 full warmasters army,
printed many bits for my primaris, got a full feudal guard, a full krieg, some sisters proxies, necromunda gang proxies, lots of cyberpunk minis, etc etc

Also, the "garbage" was mostly influated by the cancerous community and some youtuber

How do i find them though? - Dm an invite? ;o

Well monitizing everything and fucking with the creators of fan content is hardly inflated.

if you're already on telegram (you need to put your phone number there), download the desktop app and search on google for things like "telegram free stl miniatures & terrain" "telegram STL warhammer 40k" etc etc

also

mega.nz/folder/gshhEI6Z#y8CoCqpKsN58j6hPGWolzg
all the minis here were available for free at one point (a lot were nuked by GW) it's nicely organized, by army and role

also checks on thingiverse and cults3D for the free stuff (lots of reaally good free stuff en cults3D)

When I get back from work I'll upload some pictures of the minis I printed recently

Last edited:

I've actually found a few files and printed some stuff.

A captain, a librarian, shoulder pads etc.

I also have the files for Deathwing Terminators but haven't tried them yet. I'll upload some photos later.

Trying to find some more backpack/power pack stuff and the like.

Resin printer has been a game changer for me for minis.

It could work. They have the technical expertise but the problem when GW is doing things on their own is always their lack of creativity. The books are great with some authors and they added to the richest Sci Fi Universe today but GW lacks to understand that. Everything they did on their own was cookie cutter mediocre stuff. I dont expect much in terms of dialog and narrative and especially there Warhammer could outshine everything. They will also add some SJW stuff like a lot of women to cater to the SJW crew which also will kill the vibe.

So no I dont think the sevice will be high level

They should either adapt Gaunts Ghosts as an animated 40k Band of Brothers type series or do the the first three books or the Horus Heresy as animated movies.

I'm considering checking it out. I might subscribe for a month once they've got a bit more content out.
Its for sure way too light on content right now.

For shows there's 4 episodes of Angels of Death and 3 of the Hammer and Bolter .

There are some painting tutorials but its definitely very sparse on content at the moment.

I'm waiting for Astartes 2 and the Black Templar animation to drop.

I've actually found a few files and printed some stuff.

A captain, a librarian, shoulder pads etc.

I also have the files for Deathwing Terminators but haven't tried them yet. I'll upload some photos later.

Trying to find some more backpack/power pack stuff and the like.

Resin printer has been a game changer for me for minis.

Is there good places to purchase online?

Here's some of my kitbashed Nurgle Cultist gang for Necromunda. Local comic shop has been alternating between Necromunda & Bloodbowl, but are now running a 40k campaign, and I think maybe will be doing some time devoted to Kill Team.
nurglecultist.jpg

I wish Netflix could make a 20-part series about Spacemarines. A deathmatch tournament would have been desirable. Seeing the 5 strongest from each chapter fight each other gladiator style. Just the thought of Ultra marines against Black Templars makes my mouth water.

Back