Was eazy e high level rapper

Also, all of the diss tracks they made to each other after NWA broke up were extremely suspect.
<17>

I find it funny that Real Mothafuckin G's and Dre Day were supposed to be Eazy and Dre expressing how they felt about each other yet both were written by other people.

I find it funny that Real Mothafuckin G's and Dre Day were supposed to be Eazy and Dre expressing how they felt about each other yet both were written by other people.
I think it is funny that people think that the personas that rappers play are always legit just because a lot of them grew up in shitty neighborhoods.

Like, no one thinks that Amon Amarth are literally Vikings, why are so many people hell-bent on rappers being actual gang-bangers? Especially considering how corporate the music industry has been for like 50 years now and that most musicians are total nerds irl.

Not high level as far as skill. But that voice and charisma is what mattered

For anyone interested, Mykah 9 from Freestyle Fellowship ghost wrote a lot of NWA's early stuff

He wrote 2 tracks for another group on that N.W.A and the Posse compilation album. He didn't write any of the actual N.W.A tracks.

Or just a badass with some skill
He was a bad ass with awesome delivery, very distinctive sound and persona, I miss Eazy E, that little fucker was cool of all the NWA he was the only legit street guy, but he shouldnt have been hitting hookers raw dog style.

He was more of a money man. He came from a comparatively wealthier family in Compton that helped fund the early N.W.A. stuff. He also had some money on his own from dealing drugs. Ice Cube wrote all of his lyrics as well as Dre's. But at least Dre produced all of their shit and arguably is the greatest rap producer of all time. Nothing against Eazy as his voice and flow was interesting. But he didn't really make it on merit. He was kinda like the Bobby Byrd (a marginal talent who got elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame TWICE because of his association* with James Brown) of West Coast hip hop/gangsta rap.

*Similar to Eazy, Byrd came from a comparatively wealthy family within the black community and funded a lot of Brown's early stuff and Byrd's family oversaw Brown's parole as pillars of the community.

Reactions: Zer
He was a bad ass with awesome delivery, very distinctive sound and persona, I miss Eazy E, that little fucker was cool of all the NWA he was the only legit street guy, but he shouldnt have been hitting hookers raw dog style.
Got it thx

What made Eazy-E a star with his Persona and Charisma. As Dr. Dre said in a documentary his rapping and flow was built over time, As Eazy did not want to be a rapper (As is noted on his first version of Boyz N the Hood)

However Eazy-E is an important figure to West Coast Rap as well as the contribution to NWA.

I was a kid when rap started and starting my teens when NWA, Public Enemy, Ice T, etc... broke. I loved rap then and especially Easy. There was something with his style. I had no clue who wrote the lyrics then and I don't think most did. I didn't care.

I haven't really listened to any rap since like 1994 though. I think most of it is crap now.

Back