International Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So there now sending troops back to Afghanistan to help evacuate people from there. It looks to me they initially made a mistake and removing troops in the first place. But saying that how long will you occupy a foreign country like that with all the madness that's going on there. You can't just wipe out the whole Taliban, that's virtually impossible. That's if you nuke the country which is not an option.

It's like a lose lose situation really for the US and it's allies. They are damned if they do or damned if they don't. So what should the US government and his allies do in this situation?

Honestly, I have no idea what the answer is, I just know it's absolute, complete utter mess.

We will see but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a tactic to bring the taliban out of their holes and catch them on the counter attack. USA did the same thing to Japan at the battle of Midway, pulled back, sent out weak forces to get slaughtered so the Japanese over committed and then boom.

Last edited:
Saigon-hubert-van-es.jpg

We will see but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a tactic to bring the taliban out of their holes and catch them on the counter attack. USA did the same thing to Japan at the battle of Midway, pulled back, sent out weak forces to get slaughtered so the Japanese over committed and then boom.
This isn't the same type of war. The political and geopolitical implications are vastly different. You may be right, but I don't think it would be a very good move for Biden and the Democrats politically secret.

We should have been out once OBL was found.

How much of the hundreds of billions of dollars are sitting in overseas bank accounts in the name of particular Afghanistan government leaders? How much actually went to the people of Afghanistan?

'When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your gawd like a soldier.'
- Rudyard Kipling

The place has been talked about as impenetrable for recorded history, which appears hard to argue against...

Literally held back the three greatest superpowers of the 20th century.

Last edited:
People in Afghanistan obviously don't want to be an American colony and the Taliban would never have gained so much ground so quickly if they didn't have public support. Let Afghanistan decide it's own future. Hopefully it comes as another lesson learned that these bullshit wars are a gigantic waste of money and lives.

'When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your gawd like a soldier.'
- Rudyard Kipling

The place has been talked about as impenetrable for recorded history, which appears hard to argue against...
When a foreign country comes to another country and causes massive numbers of casualties (both civilian and military), it's going to make more people want to join the guerillas. You can't beat an army that multiplies every time you kill one of them and that's what happens in all of these conflicts. Every guerilla and every civilian has friends and a family and they just saw that friend or family member blown up by a foreign country that has no right to be there in the first place. That makes recruitment easy and the war unwinnable.

going there and trying to spread democracy was a mistake in 1st place

westerners need to realize that democracy (especially multi cultural/ethnic) they try to promote don't work in the rest if the world.

in the rest of the world ppl are tribal/ethnocentric and dont buy into multi ethnic societies with laws that protect ethnic minorities.

when dominant group is in power they usually abuse other minorities.

whatever type of discrimination you think minorities in usa are facing multiply that by 1000 and thats the treatment minorities in rest of the world are facing.

countries like afghanistan should be divided among ethnic lines

Most countrys some allies of the US dont have freedom or rights. You cant change the world.

Just glad now the leftist posters can be Anti War again.

Oh fuck, they will change their tune as soon as their team invades the next country

At least as far as the Liberal media is concerned, I'm actually a little surprised that it hasn't become a total Biden suck off fest, promoting him as the "Peace" President. The tone is a bit softer, obviously, but they're still saying the same shit they were when Trump was trying to get them out of there.

Should have taken the Taliban's deal to hand over Bin Laden instead of wasting the last 20 years there. It's way past time to give up on Afghanistan, like we did in Vietnam.

Here is a clip from Russia Today with the/a Taliban spokesperson.

Much of what he says should be taken with a grain of salt. After all, we have no idea if the people of Afghanistan actually agree with the Taliban's politics. But, he says two things that are important:

1. The leaders within the Afghanistan government took the money and ran. We have known this for years.

2. It is more important for the Taliban to have partnerships with their neighbors, than with governments on the other side of the globe. This makes sense (also makes me wonder how involved Pakistan has been).

Back