International Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

• Total voters
There's a big difference between unhooking a girl's bra and putting your hand down her pants and fucking her, bro.
Pretty shitty analogy.

So you're saying the US should have exterminated all Afghan people from existence? Because that really would have been the only way to "win" against a country like that. Like I said before. The US was not going for THAT victory.

I'm more surprised they didn't destroy their military vehicles. Thought they would of destroyed the airborne vehicles at least with explosives.

in the constant surveillance, you know they knew the Taliban were closing in...unless they just sprouted out from a hole in the ground at the centre of the city and took them by surprise.

And you bitch and complain about Biden? Trump left him with a skeleton crew to evac out as many as possible. He got out over 100,000 people with 2500 troops. Imagine what the military could have done with 15,000 troops during the evac?
There wasn't even 2500 there when the evacuation began. Trump left quite a bit to conduct evac ops but Biden pulled them out before the bulk of that started.
That "skeleton" crew could have easily evacuated personnel out. You not having an knowledge of military inner workings... I don't really expect you to know this. A skeleton crew is around 300 to 400 at one base or 50 to 70 (or less) at a FOB.

You are missing the point ALTOGETHER. They should not have had to send 3000 (which included 82nd Airborne) back to Kabul. Everyone should have been evacuated before it came to that point. According to my sources on ground (well they got back before the shit storm) they knew it was a mistake but there was nothing they could do. The order to leave (while all the civilians were still there) was given and they had no say so. THIS is what the EU, all military personnel that I talk to, etc etc etc are complaining about. Heck, even MSNBC and CBS are criticizing Biden over this. You think they are doing it for the heck of it? You think the world is annoyed with Biden over this for nothing?? You think everyone that criticizes Biden over this is "oh day jus a tRuMpEr yo"... Really??

Edit update: Even the high ranking officers in MANY battalions were puzzled on how the rest of the Americans/terps/green card holders were supposed to be evacuated.

Update 2: many US Army soldiers were taking as much leave (vacation days) as they could so it would be more difficult for them to be called back to get redeployed to correct the mistake.

Last edited:
Pretty shitty analogy.

So you're saying the US should have exterminated all Afghan people from existence?

WTF are you talking about? I said Trump had four years and did not end the war in Afghanistan and ring all US troops home - something he promised to do multiple times.

You wanted to pretend drawing down forces was basically equivalent to ending the conflict. Get fucking real.

Americans have a chronic lack of curiosity about the world, it always ends up biting them in the ass. All these military adventures failed primarily because Americans did not understand (and did not CARE to understand) the people they were trying to "help". Insert Sun Tzu quote here.
Ok.... I'll admit some of this is very true. Everyone one of us that got deployed over there wanted to help but at the same time we didn't have the care to do what it was going to take to fix this altogether. Eradicate all Afghan men from existence or occupy the country for a whole generation. Both are pretty harsh unrealistic options.

We were indeed helping much of the populations and I got some pics/video to prove it. Building schools for boys and girls, training the military, providing the local pop. with jobs on base, security, food etc etc.

Which is why we were so surprised to see green on blue attacks, Afghan contractor corruption against their own people, Taliban having no problem killing school girls on the way to/from school etc etc etc etc...

Caring would have been accomplishing one of the two options in my first sentence. But the international community didn't have the stomach for it.

Just so people understand Ben the host was an Air Force officer an yes this is TYT. But what Sherdogger made the crying clip lol.

1:16 WOW... This "Ben" dude really trusts the warm hearted nature of the Taliban.

Anyways, that dude crying in that video is a fake and just looking for clout and clicks.

WTF are you talking about? I said Trump had four years and did not end the war in Afghanistan and ring all US troops home - something he promised to do multiple times.

You wanted to pretend drawing down forces was basically equivalent to ending the conflict. Get fucking real.
The troop draw down comes first. Being in the know of things I can tell you for a fact that it was going to end no matter who got elected. So yes.... Trump WAS going to keep this campaign promise. Heck he already brought 90% of the troops home so that proves it was in the process. A long drawn out process you know nothing about other than what CNN/MSNBC tells you.

NEVER did I say the "conflict was ended" but make no mistake about it. the last 14 (?) months there were not US military deaths during his term.

You just proved that you never served, never talk to anyone that has served, never been to Afghanistan etc etc etc. Just another random keyboarder.

Ok.... I'll admit some of this is very true. Everyone one of us that got deployed over there wanted to help but at the same time we didn't have the care to do what it was going to take to fix this altogether. Eradicate all Afghan men from existence or occupy the country for a whole generation. Both are pretty harsh unrealistic options.

We were indeed helping much of the populations and I got some pics/video to prove it. Building schools for boys and girls, training the military, providing the local pop. with jobs on base, security, food etc etc.

Which is why we were so surprised to see green on blue attacks, Afghan contractor corruption against their own people, Taliban having no problem killing school girls on the way to/from school etc etc etc etc...

Caring would have been accomplishing one of the two options in my first sentence. But the international community didn't have the stomach for it.
Thanks for proving that you don’t care to learn about other cultures and what motivates them. In fact you're so incurious that you don’t even know what you’re ignorant about, so you have to bluster about wiping out all the men. Typical knee jerk American response, why you keep losing wars bud.

Thanks for proving that you don’t care to learn about other cultures and what motivates them. In fact you're so incurious that you don’t even know what you’re ignorant about, so you have to bluster about wiping out all the men. Typical knee jerk American response, why you keep losing wars bud.
OH wow.... that's all your cherry pickin eyes caught? Dissapointing. Anyways.....

Forget about ME not caring to learn about other cultures. (which obviously you are horribly wrong. Been to 29 countries and counting). The Afghan people (mostly the men) refuse to learn the values for what makes a country worth living in. Now they are left with a baron wasteland of dirt and poop that is ruled by a group that will find a way to make it even worse.

Oh and you can type "losing wars bla bla bla". This has got to be the softest "loss" ever.
- death tally was like 50 to 1.
- the Americans get to go back to a 1 world country and live comfortably. While the Afghans that didn't cooperate will be laying in dirt while getting butt-fu%&ed by the Taliban
- its not like we'll have a soviet union-like collapse
- it was a scheduled exit

I could go on and on.

Last edited:
I'm more surprised they didn't destroy their military vehicles. Thought they would of destroyed the airborne vehicles at least with explosives.
All of it was signed over to the ANA to keep and maintain for defending the country. It wasn't even blind trust. I'm not sure if there was word that describes giving something to someone for a reason. But knowing they were just going to abandon it. But gave it away anyways due to .... aahhh heck I don't know.

in the constant surveillance, you know they knew the Taliban were closing in...unless they just sprouted out from a hole in the ground at the centre of the city and took them by surprise.
I actually took this part of your post and formed it into a question and asked a few of my sources about it. I kept getting answers that varied too much so I can't really help you with this one.

OH wow.... that's all your cherry pickin eyes caught? Dissapointing. Anyways.....

Forget about ME not caring to learn about other cultures. (which obviously you are horribly wrong. Been to 29 countries and counting). The Afghan people (mostly the men) refuse to learn the values for what makes a country worth living in. Now they are left with a baron wasteland of dirt and poop that is ruled by a group that will find a way to make it even worse.

Oh and you can type "losing wars bla bla bla". This has got to be the softest "loss" ever.
- death tally was like 50 to 1.
- the Americans get to go back to a 1 world country and live comfortably. While the Afghan that didn't cooperate will be laying in dirt while getting butt-fu%&ed by the Taliban
- it was a scheduled exit

I could go on and on.
Look up the death tally in Vietnam, it was also lopsided in favor of America. You can choose to define losing wars however you want, but in the real world the US LOST, period. Full stop. Unambiguous. Your attempt at salvaging a moral victory makes it all the more pathetic honestly. Just take the L and go home. Your service meant nothing in Afghanistan, futile effort.

Look up the death tally in Vietnam, it was also lopsided in favor of America. You can choose to define losing wars however you want, but in the real world the US LOST, period. Full stop. Unambiguous. Your attempt at salvaging a moral victory makes it all the more pathetic honestly. Just take the L and go home. Your service meant nothing in Afghanistan, futile effort.
More lazy cherry pickin x2... cool..
Yeah but for some reason, people like you DO NOT bother defining it because it just wouldn't hit as hard. So you avoid it altogether.

OH Vietnam? First off, ever talk to any Vietnam vets? That wasn’t really a war. It was a total drug addiction/bender, meat grinder fought with handcuffs on.

Ever been to Vietnam? I have. 3 times in 2019. Even they don’t feel they won or won anything.

Their biggest complaint was that all the south Vietnamese got free citizenship upon arriving in America. While the north Vietnamese inherited a wasteland of unexploded munitions.

Not to mention they were eager to take over the south and its people. Only to find out that 92% of the south had already been evacuated. The Viet Cong was like, “what the fu.....??” And most of the south that was left behind were old and disabled. So they had to spend resources to take care of them.

Second thing they always mentioned was the lopsided body count. “How was it our victory when we lost a generation worth of our population”?

More lazy cherry pickin x2... cool..
Yeah but for some reason, people like you DO NOT bother defining it because it just wouldn't hit as hard. So you avoid it altogether.

OH Vietnam? First off, ever talk to any Vietnam vets? That wasn’t really a war. It was a total drug addiction/bender, meat grinder fought with handcuffs on.

Ever been to Vietnam? I have. 3 times in 2019. Even they don’t feel they won or won anything.

Their biggest complaint was that all the south Vietnamese got free citizenship upon arriving in America. While the north Vietnamese inherited a wasteland of unexploded munitions.

Not to mention they were eager to take over the south and its people. Only to find out that 92% of the south had already been evacuated. The Viet Cong was like, “what the fu.....??” And most of the south that was left behind were old and disabled. So they had to spend resources to take care of them.

Second thing they always mentioned was the lopsided body count. “How was it our victory when we lost a generation worth of our population”?
Ok bud, the US won both the Vietnam war and Afghanistan. In fact, US won Korea too. The US wins all wars, and if they lose, they never really lost. It was something else, so they actually won.

They needed to get out but they could have done a better job of making sure the Afghan military didn't get taken over in a day and they could have planned ahead to get everyone out with very little, if any deaths.

Right idea, ridiculously bad execution. These are supposed to be some of the smartest people in the world making this happen and they shit the bed completely.

<{hfved}>

seek. Help.

How you gathered that from his response… an actual person with first hand experience is quite the special, in a short bus type of way

Ok bud, the US won both the Vietnam war and Afghanistan. In fact, US won Korea too. The US wins all wars, and if they lose, they never really lost. It was something else, so they actually won.
The FACT remains though that the US was not militarily defeated in any of those wars and was completely and utterly dominant on the battlefield, which IS an obviously uncommon and asterisk-worthy way to “lose” a war, lol. In both Vietnam and Afghanistan American forces were no longer even involved, the governments simply weren’t competent enough to stand on their own without the US holding their hand. So we “lost” because our preferred government lost in the end, rendering the effort meaningless. The fact that the difference between Afghanistan standing or falling in a week was the presence of a few thousand American soldiers is actually an epic testament about the effectiveness of American forces there. So, while it’s fun for people that hate America to brag that the US “lost”, the reality is we just couldn’t babysit our friends forever. And the real losers were the people of Vietnam and Afghanistan.

The FACT remains though that the US was not militarily defeated in any of those wars and was completely and utterly dominant on the battlefield, which IS an obviously uncommon and asterisk-worthy way to “lose” a war, lol. In both Vietnam and Afghanistan American forces were no longer even involved, the governments simply weren’t competent enough to stand on their own without the US holding their hand. So we “lost” because our preferred government lost in the end, rendering the effort meaningless. The fact that the difference between Afghanistan standing or falling in a week was the presence of a few thousand American soldiers is actually an epic testament about the effectiveness of American forces there. So, while it’s fun for people that hate America to brag that the US “lost”, the reality is we just couldn’t babysit our friends forever. And the real losers were the people of Vietnam and Afghanistan.
Hold old are you? Wars aren’t fought to compare body counts, they’re fought to reach strategic or political objectives by means of arms. When you don’t reach your objective and your opponent reaches their’s, you’ve LOST the war! And yes, it’s STILL considered a military defeat! This childish game about how many your side killed is pathetic coping mechanism and thoroughly misunderstands the nature of military engagements. You guys need to watch fewer Hollywood war movies, seriously. You have a warped perception of how the world works.

They needed to get out but they could have done a better job of making sure the Afghan military didn't get taken over in a day and they could have planned ahead to get everyone out with very little, if any deaths.

Right idea, ridiculously bad execution. These are supposed to be some of the smartest people in the world making this happen and they shit the bed completely.

I've seen a lot of criticism of the Afghan military and people for not fighting, which I think is unfair because Trump threw them under the bus when he signed the deal with the Taleban without including the Afghan government. When the Afghans realized the US left them out, they realized they too had to make deals with the Taleban , to survive.

The troop draw down comes first. Being in the know of things I can tell you for a fact that it was going to end no matter who got elected. So yes.... Trump WAS going to keep this campaign promise. Heck he already brought 90% of the troops home so that proves it was in the process. A long drawn out process you know nothing about other than what CNN/MSNBC tells you.

NEVER did I say the "conflict was ended" but make no mistake about it. the last 14 (?) months there were not US military deaths during his term.

You just proved that you never served, never talk to anyone that has served, never been to Afghanistan etc etc etc. Just another random keyboarder.

In 2016, the last year of the Obama presidency, the US had 8,400 troops in Afghanistan. In 2020, the last year of the Trump presidency, there were 13,000 US troops in Afghanistan.

You are 100% clueless on the 20 year history of deployments and withdrawals in Afghanistan. Please stop embarrassing yourself and, by extension, other former members of the military.

239606953_10158631434887749_6964038623610294481_n.jpg

Back