Was Joe Rogan ever close to fighting in UFC?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He was talking about how he was interviewing fighters pre-zuffa and afterwards became buddies with Dana when Zuffa took over and Dana gave him tickets for being a celebrity ( he was host of fear factor) and there was a talk of Wesley Snipes fight.

On top of that, he was a Taekwondo fighter with kickboxing experience and a student of Brazilian jujitsu before UFC was popular. Was there ever talks of him fighting in the UFC when he was younger?

I don't recall it ever being a serious talk. I think the "freakshow" fights of the UFC during Zuffa didn't start until Randy vs James Toney. Joe Rogan would do better than CM Punk, but that's not saying much
FemaleLeftFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif

Why would he want to subjext himself to prizefighter and all the risk of brain damage and permanent issues when he is a successful stand up comedian and tv personalty and tpossibly the worlds most popular podcsster?

Why would he want to subjext himself to prizefighter and all the risk of brain damage and permanent issues when he is a successful stand up comedian and tv personalty and tpossibly the worlds most popular podcsster?

I meant around 2003 not now.

Probably not. Outside of the supposedly Wesley snipes rumor anyways. Joe stopped competing in combat sports by his word in his early 20's. Which puts him quitting somewhere around the late 80's 1990. UFC didn't start until 1993. NHB was already picking up steam in other areas before the UFC and Joe was never to my knowledge really considered to be a guy who would end up dabbling in it.

No. He's a loud mouth that competed in combat sport eons ago. He knows better.

Other then the Wesley Snipes (smaller and no jiu jitsu then Joe Rogan) potential fight. No, Joe is a little dumb sometime but he knows better.

Yeah he wrecked that dude on fear factor.
If the WWE's the Miz didn't step in, home boy would of been rip'd. Joe was wrapping him up and it was almost a wrap.

To impress retarded Sherdoggers bruh. Why make 100 mil on a podcast when you can make 30/30 and risk not being able to recognise your kids.

Back