Was the drama in TUF season 1 fake?

LastingEffect

What greater gift than the love of a cat
@purple
Reaction score
This probably have been discussed to to death.
But still I want to ask the same question.

Due to bad situation UFC was in, was there any evidence that drama between Koscheck and others was faked to get more views?

It's hard to believe that conflict wasn't somehow heated up by ufc.

As with all other reality shows, it might not have been manufactured out of thin air but it was most likely super amplified.

It's so boring no one really trying to reply.
We need some people in this thread.

I would say manufactured and carefully edited. These reality show producers are vultures and can sniff out potential drama miles away.

As with all other reality shows, it might not have been manufactured out of thin air but it was most likely super amplified.

This. I don't think Leben would have had a beer with Southworth after the taping.

It seems like some was scripted a bit. Not all of it.

Remember what Matt Hughes said after he coached TUF? (They made some big three episode drama or some shit out of a 10 min disagreement.) He said something to the effect of not believing what he sees on TV anymore.

What MiniCraque said.

Put a bunch of fighters with booze in a house and nothing else to do and you don't expect drama? Of course it was real...

This probably have been discussed to to death.
But still I want to ask the same question.

Due to bad situation UFC was in, was there any evidence that drama between Koscheck and others was faked to get more views?
It's hard to believe that conflict wasn't somehow heated up by ufc.

Sort of real and exaggerated by editing. The UFC wanted alot of drama to make the tv series successful since it was a last ditch attempt at turning things around, Dana was talking to people about selling the UFC.

A lot less manufactured than it is now. The first few seasons of every reality show are like this. Do you really think the producers told Filthy Tom to JO in the fruit during his season?

Put a bunch of fighters with booze in a house and nothing else to do and you don't expect drama? Of course it was real...
I don't think it was fake either.
Leben "almost" got kicked out for his beef. Also endangered his ability to fight by punching the door and the window.

Him pissing on Thacker's bed was probably enough. Plus everybody he had drama with was from AKA. That's believable.
In an interview, while the show was still rolling, Southworth was talking negativetly about Leben. He said a lot of guys were ashamed for not doing something about Leben pissing on the pillow

Last edited:
I don't think it was fake either.
Leben "almost" got kicked out for his beef. Also endangered his ability to fight by punching the door and the window.

Him pissing on Thacker's bed was probably enough. Plus everybody he had drama with was from AKA. That's believable.
In an interview, while the show was still rolling, Southworth was talking negativetly about Leben. He said a lot of guys were ashamed for not doing something about Leben pissing on the pillow
I don't think there should even be a discussion on it. Men what a good show it was, I hope they relaunch it soon

100% scripted. Each fighter spent months memorizing their lines and getting actor lessons to pull it off. Most thought it was ridiculous but Randy convinced them saying the acting lessons could help them post fighting as they could land some bit parts in tv and film.

100% scripted. Each fighter spent months memorizing their lines and getting actor lessons to pull it off. Most thought it was ridiculous but Randy convinced them saying the acting lessons could help them post fighting as they could land some bit parts in tv and film.
Nate Quarry reads his copy of the script and says "I really am not comfortable making death threats and using homophobic slurs" and Dana says "Goofballs. Switch with dyed hair guy. You can be the father figure. Also you- the smug looking guy who isn't going to need a pep talk when he loses- call mister painted fingernails a fatherless bastard to his face and make him cry. This could be big guys."

Not scripted but there has been some interviews with fighters from the show that claim the producers meddled with the things to stir shit up. One I remember was Sam Hoger (I think that was his name) stealing hats from his roommates. He claimed the producers put him up to it then dropped hints around the house. I believe, since what would he want with that crap he was stealing?

They also supply plenty of alcohol and no other way for the fighters to entertain themselves. It’s kind of clear that h th here trying to ignite some drama.

they were basically in a prison with booz. Put people in a high stress enviorement with and add booz to the mix... things are gonna happen

Back