Was Woodley's soul gone before the Usman fight or after

You and everyone else is acting like this failed lightweight is the fucking goat now.

I for sure dont think that but it's cool. Simply said the dude finally has a little momentum and you never know. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets smashed next time out or gets a big win.

I think it's time for Wood to go to another organization.. I think the UFC is just too much for him.

Impossible to say.

It was probably a bad sign the moment he started to rap and became a regular guest on TMZ

Yes, he was already on the decline before the Usman fight. He was probably on the decline by the WB rematch (definitely by the Maia fight).

The best fighters of all-time to me (Anderson, GSP, Bones, Fedor, Khabib) are constantly building wide range of skills that work against variety of opponents, this way when their athleticism starts to falter (not as fast/explosive/powerful) they can use technique or adjust strategy based on the tactics needed. How long you can stay elite is a question of your ability to adjust your strategy/tactics to mesh with your declining athleticism. Eventually everyone will lose enough athleticism or skills where they are no longer elite, but you can lengthen your time as an elite fighter if you build a game that will be able to adjust as you get slower and lose cardio. Otherwise you become so predictable that guys would've killed years ago have a blue-print to pick you apart.

Wow, this was a great analysis. Very insightful & informative!

I think it's time for Wood to go to another organization.. I think the UFC is just too much for him.
I agree, at least in Strikeforce he delivered top notch KO entertainment.
tumblr_mj60k8pANU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

He always fought like this, made people scared to commit and punished them for half hearted attempts at offense.

Usman and Burns didn't play that game and just went after him.

Once he started talking about his rap career, it was over for him, if he can make a good chunk of money outside of MMA, he'll retire. He's mentalilties showed that ever since he was the champ and wanted the big money fights.

38 is old for a fighter with his style, his style relies heavily on being super fast and explosive, He is not as fast or explosive as he used to be, not enough for the top level where its a game of millimeters and split seconds. When a fighter can see his burts and punches coming a split second sooner than before they can brace for it that bit quicker and despite having the same power, the same power is no longer as effective as when its not seen coming. He's never had a great gas tank but his explosive bursts are even fewer and far between as they were before, he can no longer push as hard. The same thing started to happen with yoel romero woodley is taking that same path i see a lot of similarities between the two of them.

He conflated making typical UFC champ money with superstar rapper money.
Instead of concentrating on what he's great at, he spread himself too thin by chasing a childhood dream.

This was a typical Woodley loss...

I dont know why anybody is surprised...

If Tyrone cant take the Center of the ring...he is fucked.

You guys weren't paying attention to Woodley before.

Every fight of his that has gone over 5 mins has been shit, and this is true for his entire career, before he won the title.

Gastelum, boos in the first round
Rory, Tyron sat there did nothing
Shields, split zzzz
Mein, zzz split
Daley, gassed out and lost the last round.

If Tyron doesn't end you early, it's a bad fight. It's been true his entire career. He literally defended being a lay and prayer in StrikeForce.

This is the same pace of mediocre fights he produced as champion.

And this is the basket GSP haters put their eggs in. Lol I told them all to wait for the next guy.

Back