Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

hi frens. i didnt want to bother anyone with a pm. but when are my dubs up??

Id like to know why my thread just dissapeared out of nowere...it was a thread predicting the end of illegal streaming of ufcs in the future (an opinion thread, not even a thread promoting piracy).

Do you guys not have the courtesy even to let us know the reason why you delete our threads? just on a whim, and there you go...I erase your thread even though you arent breaking any clear rule?

Id like to know why my thread just dissapeared out of nowere...it was a thread predicting the end of illegal streaming of ufcs in the future (an opinion thread, not even a thread promoting piracy).

Do you guys not have the courtesy even to let us know the reason why you delete our threads? just on a whim, and there you go...I erase your thread even though you arent breaking any clear rule?
You’re not directly breaking a rule, but it’s a thread about a topic that we’re not really interested in having in the heavies. Thread topics about streaming regarding accessibility, difficulty, asking about whether or not other posters illegally stream etc, aren’t really about the ufc and when we straight up dub people for posting links or sharing websites, it’s hard to justify letting people walk the tight rope in other threads because I don’t want to give of the impression that’s it’s ok to openly discuss.

It’s not a big deal on my end, and I did not issue a warning because like I said, it’s not like you directly broke a rule, it’s just not something that’s really desired or wanted in the sub, or really on the website as a whole.

Any reason why I can no longer 'reply' to comments so that their post is quoted in my response? It was working byt now seems to have vanished completely and all I can do is reply to thread at the bottom with no quoting ability???

Hi there,

I was hoping if any of the mods could please help me with a thread that was moved to the lightweight forum:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ht-divisions-would-you-be-interested.4148233/

For some reason, the thread was moved there from the UFC forum. I believe a mod thought I was trying to make fun of WMMA, when I wasn't.

The thread was a serious discussion, not a joke or a fantasy match-up thread.

Thank you,
MMAart

I just had a thread moved to the Lightweights. When I questioned the admin for moving it (as it violated no rules, and was similar to many threads left in the heavies) it was deleted instead of given an explanation. I don't mind following the rules at all, but that's just unprofessional behavior from an admin.

Reasons given were fighter bashing (I absolutely wasn't,) trolling (I don't think dunking necessarily counts as trolling. We do it to each other all of the time on this forum,) and empty thread with no meaningful content (we're discussing the trajectory of a fighter's career. The forum was split on which way it would go and it went hard one way. That's a valid topic.)

I just had a thread moved to the Lightweights. When I questioned the admin for moving it (as it violated no rules, and was similar to many threads left in the heavies) it was deleted instead of given an explanation. I don't mind following the rules at all, but that's just unprofessional behavior from an admin.

Reasons given were fighter bashing (I absolutely wasn't,) trolling (I don't think dunking necessarily counts as trolling. We do it to each other all of the time on this forum,) and empty thread with no meaningful content (we're discussing the trajectory of a fighter's career. The forum was split on which way it would go and it went hard one way. That's a valid topic.)
You don’t need your own personal thread for a victory lap and to insult people who got it wrong. It was an empty thread with no content.

You don’t need your own personal thread for a victory lap and to insult people who got it wrong. It was an empty thread with no content.
1) people do that all the time, it's a consistent thing in the heavies, 2) then why did you delete it from the lightweight forum when I asked you about it? You'd already moved the thread. There was no reason to delete it. And frankly I'd like a response from another mod, because I think you're just being petty.

You're full of it.

There's a new pro-pedo post every day. See below.

<YeahOKJen>

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...h-male-student-hilarious-twist.4154163/page-2
And it’s not a coincidence that this thread as a whole was deleted before a moderator responded to this post. The stance of the staff on the website has been made abundantly clear, and honestly, we’re not really interested in discussing it further. It’s a hard no. It will always be a hard no. Stop picking at it.

Why was my Gorilla Glue thread moved to some weird ass psuedo-forum?
That was a genuine news story and also a cautionary tale, if some Sherdogger Gorilla Glues his wiener cause he didnt see my thread first, that responsibility falls on everyone involved with this highly questionable and all of you who stood by and let it happen

Why was my Gorilla Glue thread moved to some weird ass psuedo-forum?
That was a genuine news story and also a cautionary tale, if some Sherdogger Gorilla Glues his wiener cause he didnt see my thread first, that responsibility falls on everyone involved with this highly questionable and all of you who stood by and let it happen
At the peril of many a dawg dong, the discussion fit neither intellectual curiosity nor lighthearted subject matter, so it was a case of remove or rehouse. Racial and condescending trajectory at point of move was also pretty telling as to which direction the discussion was going; letting it live post-edit in TGB was the kinder between the two options, TBH.

@Valhoven @Zebra Cheeks @Lethal

So I was given dubs for posting this in the War Room:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fauci-destroys-rand-paul-with-science-and-facts.4170839/

It was an opinion piece and I even labeled the piece as an opinion. I have never even been so much as warned before, but I got straight dubs for that. People in the War Room post way, way more out there opinions then mine. A lot of racist stuff is said in there and it's considered "free speech". But I am considered trolling for that? Look, I get not everyone agrees with me. I'm afraid Madmick may have more of an issue about my politics then anything else. But dubs for that post really seems a bit extreme, especially when you are dealing with a political opinion form. There certainly isn't consistency in terms of what goes punished and what doesn't.

Even if I was just kindly warned that would have worked just fine. But getting dubs after never even having an infraction before? I feel it was a little extreme.

Thanks.

I posted a thread with titled :
Anyone from/grew up in a communist country? Got a question

Why was it moved to the Great Beyond? This was a legitimate question.

i'm curious about my ninja ban (no notification of ban from thread, no notification of removed posts, no explanation) from https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...my-power-supply-burned-down-my-house.3514139/ (to reiterate, i can no longer post in the above thread)

and my posts were ninja deleted from the gaming thread, as well. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/gaming-hardware-discussion-hardware-sales-thread.3813773/page-170

you can still see them currently in greg's replies: https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/164129789/ and https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/164129874/

i then made a thread in the arcade about the ninja ban, and that was ninja deleted too... not unexpectedly. (the url was https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ninja-bans.4171709/ )

it seems to me and some others that a mod just adopts contrarian positions vs those he doesn't like. i posted quotes indicating this.

imo, shutting down conversation/helpful posts (i was posting info on CPUs/GPUs in related threads) is needlessly crippling the subforum... which isn't exactly teeming with life, as it is/was.

tl;dr -

why were my posts deleted in the 2 threads above?
why was i banned from posting in the first thread?
i suppose i know why the 'ninja ban' thread was deleted...

next day edit: <seedat>

and also a post here: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...onsole-arcade-pc-for-around-90.4170898/page-2

(post 28 was ninja deleted... within seconds. also note, it shows others talking about a mod's behavior, relevant to this and prior to my post)

rSxHCMU.png

4/4 edit: i haven't posted in this this thread in ~10 days, but now even posts here are deleted and this is the only kind of response i got:

XZiGCxx.png

AFAIK, i went through the proper channels... and not only do i get no response, but the same deletions/etc happen here and i get some kind of a weird threat of infractions. for what, i honestly don't know - which is why i posted here, to begin with.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just posted a totally normal response in a post about Zabit. It got deleted. Now, it's starting to feel like Sherdog is getting extremely Pro-Russian for a while. All the non Russians know the forums are spammed with threads about Russians. If I am on Reddit or other mediums, it's so differenent than Sherdog. I wanted to adress this and hope you do something about it.

Back