Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

Why do LGBTQ+ related threads almost always get moved or deleted? Even the ones in the War Room.

Whenever I would make a LGBT related threads previously, they would get moved to Wasteland or simply deleted. But they were half joking threads meant to provoke some fun banter so I didn't really mind all that much.

Currently though, a lot of the LGBTQ+ threads in both the War Room and Mayberry have either been deleted or moved to die in the Great Beyond.

If we are not allowed to discuss LGBTQ+ issues, then why isn't that mentioned in the rules?

I made a "Happy Pride month" thread and it got outright deleted with no warning. No rules even came close to being violated. The reason I got later was "thread derailment".

If the threads get deleted due to derailment, doesn't it make more sense to give a warning to the people derailing the thread? Especially if they are spewing bigotry while doing so? In a thread meant to celebrate LGBTQ+ people's rights nonetheless.

This isn't a good look in 2022 you guys.

Okay seriously, why does EVERY thread containing something about homosexuality get moved?

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-think-gay-dudes-have-ruined-blowjobs-for-me.4246395/

What about this thread breaks the Mayberry rules, can someone please explain?
Berry is for lighthearted and intelligent discussion; what you'd threaded was graphic in nature if not over the top. Staff in question was right to rehouse discussion and was kind enough to let it live elsewhere rather than deleting outright for being beyond board scope. Takeaway here is to keep threaded topics in line with the subs they're hosted in (to the best of your ability) and not thoughtlessly post in a go-to fashion where everyone in your clique will see it or then most eyes are at time of publication.

Berry is for lighthearted and intelligent discussion; what you'd threaded was graphic in nature if not over the top. Staff in question was right to rehouse discussion and was kind enough to let it live elsewhere rather than deleting outright for being beyond board scope. Takeaway here is to keep threaded topics in line with the subs they're hosted in (to the best of your ability) and not thoughtlessly post in a go-to fashion where everyone in your clique will see it or then most eyes are at time of publication.
Graphic? Sex is discussed in the Mayberry pretty much on a constant basis.

Would my thread have been moved if it was about two girls blowing me?

Graphic? Sex is discussed in the Mayberry pretty much on a constant basis.
Sex and relationships can be discussed intelligently (maturely) but not to that degree of detail and if it is, please report it and we'll have a look.

Would my thread have been moved if it was about two girls blowing me?
Yep.

Sex and relationships can be discussed intelligently (maturely) but not to that degree of detail and if it is, please report it and we'll have a look.

Yep.
Cool, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the clarification Sherbro.

Hello can a senior mod PM me.
why my post got deleted in a WR thread. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dont-let-your-kids-chemically-transition.4246832/

I posted a response to a person stating that kids are around teachers 40 hours a week and they can have great influence on kids which is not their job to talk about sexuality and that includes over active religions teachers also and I had a meme at the end … it was deleted stating this belongs in a meme thread. I see many many post a day with words and memes not being deleted ?? This is not the first time . Just looking for consistency

Todays example
https://forums.sherdog.com/goto/post?id=168697377#post-168697377

Hello can a senior mod PM me.
why my post got deleted in a WR thread. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dont-let-your-kids-chemically-transition.4246832/

I posted a response to a person stating that kids are around teachers 40 hours a week and they can have great influence on kids which is not their job to talk about sexuality and that includes over active religions teachers also and I had a meme at the end … it was deleted stating this belongs in a meme thread. I see many many post a day with words and memes not being deleted ?? This is not the first time . Just looking for consistency

Todays example
https://forums.sherdog.com/goto/post?id=168697377#post-168697377
I'll look into the post being removed. But I find it creepy that Middle Aged Men on a Karate Site are experts on kids gender transitioning.

After looking through it, it was a low-effort troll job (listing the MW Champion as the most overrated fighter in the UFC, really?) and you're asking why it was deleted?
Do you not know what overrated means? I gave a thorough explanation to my opinion. It was not a trolljob. Restore the thread.

Do you not know what overrated means? I gave a thorough explanation to my opinion. It was not a trolljob. Restore the thread.

It certainly wasn't a thorough explanation and I will not entertain such an excuse.

I wasn't the one who deleted the thread but I'm also not restoring it either.

It certainly wasn't a thorough explanation and I will not entertain such an excuse.

I wasn't the one who deleted the thread but I'm also not restoring it either.
No offense but this is absolutely ridiciluous. Are opinions illegal on this site? Everbody thinks Adesanya is the best striker on the roster. I pointed out that his kickboxing career is not as decorated as many think, that he's not able to get finishes consistently and that his striking isn't what people make it out to be IN MY OPINION. And then I pointed out that he's obviously very good but IN MY OPINION not as good as people believe thus making him overrated.

Please explain to me how this is trolling.

No offense but this is absolutely ridiciluous. Are opinions illegal on this site? Everbody thinks Adesanya is the best striker on the roster. I pointed out that his kickboxing career is not as decorated as many think, that he's not able to get finishes consistently and that his striking isn't what people make it out to be IN MY OPINION. And then I pointed out that he's obviously very good but IN MY OPINION not as good as people believe thus making him overrated.

Please explain to me how this is trolling.
If you wanted to point out that his striking isn't what it's made out to be, that would be fine. To proclaim him as the #1 most overrated fighter in the whole UFC roster even though he's the MW champ is the type of thread that is considered troll bait, because even if your intent isn't to fighter bash these threads have never resulted in discussions that don't involve that.

Can we have a general list of banned political positions? I've had multiple posts deleted, threads moved, and yellow cards issued and I feel it's always because of a particular position I take rather than because I've actually violated a rule. I argue my points civilly without name calling. I defend my positions at length with logical arguments. I understand some topics are sensitive, but if a topic is forbidden just give us a heads up.

Can we have a general list of banned political positions? I've had multiple posts deleted, threads moved, and yellow cards issued and I feel it's always because of a particular position I take rather than because I've actually violated a rule. I argue my points civilly without name calling. I defend my positions at length with logical arguments. I understand some topics are sensitive, but if a topic is forbidden just give us a heads up.
You didn't get a infraction for any "political" views. Appears you got one for racism... And if your "political" views involve bashing a certain demographic, I would suggest just not making that post.

You didn't get a infraction for any "political" views. Appears you got one for racism... And if your "political" views involve bashing a certain demographic, I would suggest just not making that post.

OK. Great. It was just a big misunderstanding then. That makes me feel better. The moderator misread my post. There was nothing racist about my post. You can still view my post because it was quoted. Please review it again. I was not referring to a particular race of people. The demographic I was referring to was thug ghetto dwellers. Not all black people living in the US are thugs or live in the ghettos. I would hope that the moderator would know this. It's possible the moderator would not know this though because it is an international forum and the moderator may have not visited the US. Please let the moderator know that there are in fact plenty of great black people who have made excellent contributions to society and that a great many of them are not thugs and do not live in ghettos and I would welcome them to live wherever they please as should the moderator.

Speaking against inner city thugs is no different than speaking against klan member meth fueled rednecks. It is not a race of people, but rather a sub group that has bad values and does awful things. BTW I would also like to see the meth fueled klan member rednecks relocated to areas where they will cause the least amount of harm, but they already tend to live in remote areas anyway instead of living next to billions of dollars worth of infrastructure.

I can't edit the above post, but I just want to mention that you can see my post on page two of the thread below because it was quoted.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/this-is-what-getting-jacked-in-sf-looks-like-crime.4248621/page-2

There was no indicator of race whatsoever in my post. There are ghetto dwelling thugs of every race. It's by no means blacks only problematic sub group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that the infraction was for racism and there was no actual racism in my post, if one of you mods would be a good lad and remove the infraction that would be great.

My post wasn't any kind of commentary on race. It was specifically directed at ghettos. The majority of the people living in the ghettos of San Franciso are not black. Just look at the stats. San Franciso is like 5% black and still has a really high crime rate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco#Race,_ethnicity,_religion,_and_languages

I understand how the moderator made their mistake while reading my post. They saw the word demographic and assumed I meant black people because the video in the thread has two black people committing armed robbery. The demographic I was referring to was specifically people from your slum areas. The overwhelming majority of armed robberies are committed by people from the slums. There are not a lot of middle class armed robbers. My post was in line with many other posts that I've made about this exact subject. I was not referring to any race. Removing slums would improve the safety of major cities regardless of whether they were overwhelmingly black cities like Detroit, Michigan or overwhelmingly white cities like Louisville, Kentucky.

I've always viewed racism including white supremacy as ridiculous. Human beings started off in Africa. Regardless of what race a person identifies with, the majority of their ancestors are going to be dark skinned with African features because that is where most of human history took place. This is an over simplication, but white people are just black people that had migrated to northern climates where there was less sunlight and lighter skin with less melanin was beneficial to avoid being depleted of vitimin D. That's the origin of white people. Over time dark skin lightened because of natural selection in areas with low sunlight.

Back