Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

I’m having multiple post being deleted in WR blanketed under “off topic” when there are many many off topic post lien just a meme that stays. Can a senior mod PM me please,
Thanks.
Edit
Note I guess I got a yellow card asking what mod is deleting my post …..

For explanations about why a thread was deleted, moved or merged.

This is not a complaint thread. Flaming of posters and moderators will not be tolerated. Please avoid unnecessary banter and off topic posting, as that makes the thread more difficult to properly monitor.

If you have a complaint, please direct that complaint directly to a forum administrator via PM.

Presently the forum administrators are:

@jei
@Lethal
@Peteyandjia

Regards,
Hello @JayPettryMMA ,

Hopefully you’re doing great.

Yesterday I created this thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-went-to-glory-81-last-week-and-had-a-blast.4253502/

I posted it in the UFC discussion.
The thread is about me going to a GLORY event last week. Ofcourse, the fights I watched were “kickboxing” and no “MMA”, so I truly understand why it got moved to the KB/MT subforum in the first place.
Though, I want to point out that I didn’t create this thread to generate a discussion regarding the fights, kickboxing, etc. (also, we already have a thread about GLORY 81 in general in the KB/MT subforum were we discussed the fights, what’s next for the fighters, etc.)

The reason I created this thread was to share my experiences of attending a combat sports event.
I started this thread in the UFC discussion on purpose so a lot of members could see it.
I know the members at the UFC sub really like seeing my experiences at combat sports events / a combat sports event through my perspective.
I made a similar thread once before, about UFC London, and that one got received very well:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-went-to-ufc-london-last-weekend-and-had-a-blast.4248630/

Some guys on here knew that I was going to GLORY 81 and even requested me to make a thread about my experiences at the event.
I liked the idea of that too, so I started putting everything together and spent quite a few hours on making this one, and 5 minutes after posting the thread it got moved to the KB/MT sub.
Because of that it got very little attention and I’m sure a lot of guys who would’ve loved to see the thread have now missed out on it.

In short:
I meant it as a way to share my experiences at the event with everyone on the boards rather than to draw discussions regarding the fights / kickboxing, and that’s why I posted this thread in the UFC discussion.

So, my request is to move the thread back to the UFC discussion. I would really appreciate it if that’s possible.
And by the way, if you still want to move the thread back to the KB/MT sub after a week or so out of principle, I understand and it's no problem.

Kind regards,

Maurits

Seems unfair that a thread about a medical scientific hypothesis posted in a forum about partly intelligent discussion gets moved to the great beyond, but I do appreciate that at least it wasn't outright deleted so I can share with other members who are interested in such topics.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...is-enviromentally-caused-not-genetic.4273432/

The point was simply to promote a healthier lifestyle in general.
The treatment it received seems extremist.

ANY EXPLANATIONS?

Last edited:
Hey mods. Just a quick suggestion.

A lot of threads have been merged into megathreads lately. For example, there's the power slap megathread, and any thread about it just gets merged.
The point is that sometimes a discussion is created to talk about a specific topic of said megathread. For example, what was the slap league's pay for the "fighters"? And when you merge it, it gets lost. It's really hard to find the post about it inside a 30 page long thread.

So the suggestions are:
1) Try to avoid merging every thread because sometimes fights or events can have side discussions and/or;
2) If a member clicks on a thread title and gets redirected to the merger thread, send him directly to the original post of the thread he intended to read.

Hey mods. Just a quick suggestion.

A lot of threads have been merged into megathreads lately. For example, there's the power slap megathread, and any thread about it just gets merged.
The point is that sometimes a discussion is created to talk about a specific topic of said megathread. For example, what was the slap league's pay for the "fighters"? And when you merge it, it gets lost. It's really hard to find the post about it inside a 30 page long thread.

So the suggestions are:
1) Try to avoid merging every thread because sometimes fights or events can have side discussions and/or;
2) If a member clicks on a thread title and gets redirected to the merger thread, send him directly to the original post of the thread he intended to read.
Thanks for the feedback. It can be an imperfect science. On one hand if we don’t merge enough we’ve no longer got a ufc section, and instead it’s 1/2 slap chat and 1/2 heavies discussion which isn’t really what the sub forum is meant to be. But then as you’ve pointed out it can be difficult to navigate if we’re merging a lot. We’re aware of the pros/cons on both sides and we’re actively attempting to strike a balance.

thanks for the heads up.

Seems unfair that a thread about a medical scientific hypothesis posted in a forum about partly intelligent discussion gets moved to the great beyond, but I do appreciate that at least it wasn't outright deleted so I can share with other members who are interested in such topics.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...is-enviromentally-caused-not-genetic.4273432/

The point was simply to promote a healthier lifestyle in general.
The treatment it received seems extremist.

ANY EXPLANATIONS?

No real good reason eh.

My thread
UFC Fighters koed by bums
was deleted, the reason was fighter bashing.
But i didnt bash no one there.
Can i get the deletion reviewed again?

Hello,

long time member and long time platinum fee payer.

I have noticed of late my threads and posts are being deleted even when there are similar threads in other Sherdog Forums?

Why is this, it feels I am being unjustly targeted or the censorship has gone off the scale here of late?

example - Tommy Fury vs Jake Paul thread in the Mayberry and another was a joke within The Last Of Us thread about being vaxed.

Both deleted and no reason given.

No reasons given.

Hello,

long time member and long time platinum fee payer.

I have noticed of late my threads and posts are being deleted even when there are similar threads in other Sherdog Forums?

Why is this, it feels I am being unjustly targeted or the censorship has gone off the scale here of late?

example - Tommy Fury vs Jake Paul thread in the Mayberry and another was a joke within The Last Of Us thread about being vaxed.

Both deleted and no reason given.

No reasons given.
I don't know about The Last of US.

But the Fury vs Paul Fake script is proven to be a Fake Script. No point of having a discussion on a topic that literally doesn't exist...

Where did the rate Lori lightfoot thread go? No notice. No alert. Just gone.

Yet somehow all the other rate women threads still exist.

Please advise.

Where did the rate Lori lightfoot thread go? No notice. No alert. Just gone.

Yet somehow all the other rate women threads still exist.

Please advise.
Upon review, all I needed was a cursory glance to see that the thread was created to insult the woman. Is that really necessary?

hello.
quick question regarding posts deleted for thread derailment
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...als-at-los-angeles-homeless-shelters.4279784/

some i get but posts talking critically about grohls altruism in a thread about grohls altruism... why was that deleted off first page to create a consensus of opinion?

can the mod who did it provide their reasoning here or will they just continue to hide behind their anonymity making arbitrary deletions?

can the mod who did it provide their reasoning here or will they just continue to hide behind their anonymity making arbitrary deletions?
The posts were deleted because they were derailing the thread. According to our reports, you have a history of doing that.

And based on reports and your posts of late, please scale it back a bit. There's no need to be so hostile to the staff trying to keep this place civil with the conversation flowing smoothly.

Since it apparently needs to be restated: This is not a complaint thread. Flaming of posters and moderators will not be tolerated.

I've just had my last thread deleted,The Sexualization of Children, the reason? Bait thread. What the fuck does that mean?
What are you saying? No explanation except Bait Thread, why don't the people deleting threads/posts have the courtesy to explain a bit more, but that rarely happens?
Why don't all the mods get directives to add more information instead of just cancelling someone's efforts and good intentions? It is unbelievably rude.

So, Bait Thread, does that mean the thread is just to get people to read it? And what is wrong with people reading the bloody thread?
Why doesn't Sherdog want members to know about the sexualization of kids all around the Western world, it's becoming an epidemic? Why don't mods want this known?

In the end i'm made to feel really bad and made to feel I'VE actually done something wrong, especially because of the subject matter.
I still don't understand, what is wrong in posting about a legitimate problem that is happening.
Are you saying the thread was to attract pedos and perverts? Because that's what it seems to me. What is implied is disgusting!
Have i got some strike against my name because of the subject?

Thread got deleted for the following reason

Screenshot-20230505-141546-2.png

Screenshot-20230505-141555-2.png

It was a serious thread looking at some of the classic arguments and logic behind some of the accusations people make regarding GSP as well as fighters in general regarding PEDs.

Would really like to find this mod who keeps deleting posts/threads as I believe he should be held accountable for deleting legitimate content from Sherdog from myself and others.

All the responses to the thread were legit as well. No bashing at all.

Curious why my posts in the
"Police investigating shooting at Jorge Masvidal's house in MIAMI"
were deleted. Reason given was thread derailment? I dont get understand ....

I said something to the effect of "What a surprise"? and later asked another poster what that poster's "MAGA family" comment was in reference to, Hardly thread derailment or inflammatory comments.

Any mods care to explain?

Last edited:
Back