Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

Why were my posts showing me and completely legal weed plants deleted. Weed is 100% legal where I live (Canada) and is legal or decriminalized in more than half the USA. Many other nations are following suit and decriminalizing or outright legalizing usage and growing. So why does sherdog in this instance represent the minority?

I read the rules and I did not break them yet my posts were deleted regardless.

1. It's not illegal
2. I was not teaching people how to do it
3. I was not talking about how to use it
4. I was not talking about how high it made me
5. Discussing how I successfully grew a plant can easily be considered an academic discussion
4. This plant saves lives, human and animal, no matter what your pre-conceived notions tell you. This also leads to academic discussion.
5. Even though you may hate "pot heads" we were having real harmless discussion on the subject.
6. Why in the world would a discussion forum discourage discussion. We all know these boards are dying. Why kill it faster with this outdated mindset.

I've been sitting on this a few days and I cant anymore. No offence meant but I refuse to allow someone moderating a website shame me and that's exactly what you guys were doing.

Cheers
Bro, I think you're choosing to fight a fight that you have no chance in winning and letting the moderation of your thread cause you to think that there is some grand conspiracy against you, like a personal attack to your life style - drug threads have never been allowed here and what is legal/illegal is really irrelevant in the end since this is a private website and you agreed to their term & conditions when you signed up.

If this is bothering you that much I suggest you find another place to post it.

Why was the thread "Flat Earth Membership Keeps Growing" moved to "The Great Beyond"? We just started a good discussion on proof either way. Thanks...
Link: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/flat-earth-membership-keeps-growing.4016199/
@jei
@Madmick
@Lethal
According to Mayberry rules, conspiracy theory threads (including Flat Earth) are redirected to the Dump/Great Beyond.

3) Any crazy conspiracy thread will be moved to the Dump, as will threads on Religion, as they do not fit the light hearted nature of Mayberry.

According to Mayberry rules, conspiracy theory threads (including Flat Earth) are redirected to the Dump/Great Beyond.

3) Any crazy conspiracy thread will be moved to the Dump, as will threads on Religion, as they do not fit the light hearted nature of Mayberry.
Ok, thanks...

I am not sure if this is the right place to request a delete. But I made a thread that got way out of hand. It was about a guy who was described as "model looks" that was assaulting girls. I made a mistake of calling him a chad and the whole thing turned in to flame wars. I edited the OP so the video of the news is no longer there.

If possible I would like this thread deleted, too much hostility and I want it to get buried but it is getting bumped because various members flaming on. Myself I know I should not give in as well so I too am responsible but a request for delete is much appreciated and lesson learnt.

The thread:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/true-i-asked-for-it.4019201/page-2#post-155306327

I just made a completely legitimate thread about the UFC, in the UFC forum, and it's been moved?

Can someone tell me why please? It's literally the first thread I've made in years because I thought it was something interesting that I haven't seen brought up, and it's been quashed for no reason? I think you guys do a really good job these days (thanks), but that's super annoying.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/nate-missed-championship-weight.4037773/

Hey guys, havent been on here much a lot lately. Lurk but typically dont log in anymore. Anyway, I was looking for all the original shoop threads. My son and I are watching all the old UFC's and I was telling him how I was on sherdog constantly and we always made shoop threads. Like shad face and such.
Were all these threads deleted?!! I always figured they would be archived as legendary threads. Lol

Hey guys, havent been on here much a lot lately. Lurk but typically dont log in anymore. Anyway, I was looking for all the original shoop threads. My son and I are watching all the old UFC's and I was telling him how I was on sherdog constantly and we always made shoop threads. Like shad face and such.
Were all these threads deleted?!! I always figured they would be archived as legendary threads. Lol
Hi, Louie. If you are thinking of threads from 2012 or older, there's a likelihood of their having been lost in our server update of that same year. You are otherwise free to explore our archives here and see what can be unearthed. Hope that helps.

I can usually understand why a thread was wastelanded, even if it´s my own thread.
But I´m a little surprised the evolution thread was moved there.

Sure it had the usual dumb posts, but most were discussing evolution in a semi scientific way.
Can someone explain why it was moved ?

Evolution is a topic that's very interesting and worth discussing.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-solid-is-the-theory-of-evolution.3737183/

I "bumped" a thread from last year about QAnon and it was quickly locked... What's the reasoning for this?

*edit: nothing? no reason why the thread was locked? i posted some potentially important and relevant information... my post was deleted and the thread locked... the last post before mine was in Dec of 2019 so its not like the thread was completely stale... kinda odd, let me know what the issue was so to prevent it in the future. Thanks...

Last edited:
thread was called something like "Why Dana didn't kept his mouth shut" or something like that, I had a few posts in there and was waiting for a reply. Where did it go and why please and thanks? Posted in it yesterday, probably was the last post

Last edited:
thread was called something like "Why Dana didn't kept his mouth shut" or something like that, I had a few posts in there and was waiting for a reply. Where did it go and why please and thanks? Posted in it yesterday, probably was the last post
The thread starter asked for the thread to be deleted.

Thank you. i appreciate your response but I do have a comment - Strange to me that he would have that approved, interrupted a conversation that he was not involved in. Seems unfair to the other participants, namely me and Taric. Thanks again just the same

It's his thread, and users have the ability to delete their own threads. If you'd like you can always continue the conversation via private message.

So I made this thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-lightweights-hand-guide.3926775/

And it was quickly moved to LWs. Why? I think it is a very valid discussion to have, specifically because if fans can generate some thought/discussion/pushback it might help WME to reconsider whether making this fight is good for the long-term MMA picture.

EDIT: Apologies, a copy and paste error apparently. Anyway, this is the thread I made:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...anted-to-fall-through.4102802/#post-159993143

Is there any way it can go back to the HWs?

Last edited:
I made a thread about mighty mouse, speculating what would happen if he stayed, complied with Dana's demands and fought the bigger guys as asked. I stated that I think he's better than cejudo and that cejudo doesn't possess any skills Demetrious hasn't displayed apart from the extremely high level wrestling. I asked how he'd do against cejudo's last three and Cody. I don't see how that's unworthy of a ufc discussion thread. Why was I lightweighted? I even have a healthy discussion going on in that thread. I'm so confused right now and now I'm hesitant to even post anything.

I made a thread about mighty mouse, speculating what would happen if he stayed, complied with Dana's demands and fought the bigger guys as asked. I stated that I think he's better than cejudo and that cejudo doesn't possess any skills Demetrious hasn't displayed apart from the extremely high level wrestling. I asked how he'd do against cejudo's last three and Cody. I don't see how that's unworthy of a ufc discussion thread. Why was I lightweighted? I even have a healthy discussion going on in that thread. I'm so confused right now and now I'm hesitant to even post anything.
Your thread has been moved to Fantasy Matchup Discussion, a sub dedicated to if-speculative queries of career such as yours here with x faring against y.

Back