Social Water Restrictions in California Coming

I wonder like with these water restrictions also apply to the other polticans/Celebs in California who had being pushing for this for their residents and voters? problary not.
About 5 years ago during a California drought, Tom selleck was caught stealing water from a fire hydrant, he had employees pumping it in to a large water truck that he owned and was in his name and having it transported to his property. When it was discovered, they issued a cease and desist notice to him which he ignored. Local police were alerted by the water district but they said they couldn’t prove a crime was occurring and weren’t going to use resources to park outside a fire hydrant. So the district hired a private investigator to capture magnum PI and document it which they did over a dozen times, same truck that was in his name and all to his property. The water district and Tom selleck’s lawyers went to court and he was ordered to pay fees. Sad thing is it was being stolen from an area outside of where he lived and so he was never going to be charged for any higher costs due to increased water rate fees during a drought, just the tax paying citizens who did live in that city.

“the leaky pipes that were not dangerous if the plant was operated at 70%, until they re-engineered them to allow it to go back to 100%.”

what?! Leaky pipes aren’t dangerous in a nuclear reactor.
Have you lost the plot?

I may know a bit more on the event than you.

I worked directly with the engineers involved. We assisted on the Unit #3 refurbishment project controls. The tubes didn't leak when the plant was run at 70%. The plant was just refurbished for about $3 Billion. The new steam generators were too much for the tube design at full power as they were 125% more powerful than the previous steam generators. They could have ran the plant at 70%, which was nearly the same power as the previous 100% with the older steam generators and have no leaks. During that time they could build the new tube set for unit #2 and then bring it down and make the change. Wash. Rinse. Repeat for Unit #3. As a note, Unit #1 has been shut down and taken out decades ago.

The shut down was political. A Mid-West Nuclear Operator bought the new Steam Generators for a song, designed a new tube set and are generating a whole lot of power.... carbon free.

I don’t see how some of you think that this is a liberal thing, unless liberal just means willing to deal with an inconvenient problem as opposed to sticking your head in the sand. Is that the case? Conservatives just ignore problems now?

I've brought up several times on this forum, that California lets millions of gallons of fresh water flow into the ocean with no effort made to capture it.

The reasons given to not capture that water are always environmental.

To care more about environmental ascetics while men, women, and children don't have water to drink is the height of inhumanity.

Resources are scares, and sooner or later, choices will have to be made.

I've brought up several times on this forum, that California lets millions of gallons of fresh water flow into the ocean with no effort made to capture it.

The reasons given to not capture that water are always environmental.

To care more about environmental ascetics while men, women, and children don't have water to drink is the height of inhumanity.

Resources are scares, and sooner or later, choices will have to be made.

Since you claim to be a farmer, you should know all about what happens when you don't take care of the environment around you.

Since you claim to be a farmer, you should know all about what happens when you don't take care of the environment around you.

Water is life.

Fresh Water is needed for all land based life to thrive. If you refuse to capture fresh water before its rendered useless by mixing with ocean water, then you are guilty of the height of inhumanity in the face of mass thirst.

The state of California is under such sever water shortages that the State Government is about to regulate bathing patterns. You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

To paraphrase Joe Rogan, I'm on "team people". I'm not willing to let children go thirsty in the name of maintaining some fishes migratory path. Anyone who would allow children to go thirsty in the name of fish paths is suffering from a sick and twisted perversion of the very concept of morality.

Just cut California off. Dont let them pipe in water from anywhere, let nature return to it's normal state. If the demand actually cared about the environment that's what they would do, and build desalination plants to cover the difference.

But nope, gotta water our lawns and have pools.in a fucking desert. And grow tons of water heavy agriculture at the same time. Fuck the people we are stealing water from and fuck the natural.course of rivers and, and triple fuck the water tables. Were Californians, being hypocritical asshats is our nature.

I am sure the state sits near a ocean can generate tons of water.
Without issues. Oh they dont want that right?

Water is life.

Fresh Water is needed for all land based life to thrive. If you refuse to capture fresh water before its rendered useless by mixing with ocean water, then you are guilty of the height of inhumanity in the face of mass thirst.

The state of California is under such sever water shortages that the State Government is about to regulate bathing patterns. You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

To paraphrase Joe Rogan, I'm on "team people". I'm not willing to let children go thirsty in the name of maintaining some fishes migratory path. Anyone who would allow children to go thirsty in the name of fish paths is suffering from a sick and twisted perversion of the very concept of morality.

Fresh water is needed for life in the delta to survive. If that salinity goes wonky, that entire ecosystem would die. That would have a ripple effect killing off the fishing industry in the area.
The water is also necessary to help flush out the delta because without it, toxic fertilizer runoff would just sit in the delta causing a toxic algae bloom, killing everything.

Fresh water is needed for life in the delta to survive. If that salinity goes wonky, that entire ecosystem would die. That would have a ripple effect killing off the fishing industry in the area.
The water is also necessary to help flush out the delta because without it, toxic fertilizer runoff would just sit in the delta causing a toxic algae bloom, killing everything.

So you've twice shown an unwillingness to capture fresh water in the name of abstract environmental concerns. In the face of mass thirst, that is the HEIGHT of inhumanity. Your system of morality has misguided you.

The Delta will be just fine with plenty of runoff water AFTER we build the dams necessary to capture enough water to fulfill ever man, woman, and Child's needs on land.

All of your predictions past that are simply conjecture.

In nature, water sources redirect often and alter or destroy the ecosystems they were originally supporting, and creating a new one. Humanity is simply doing a more advanced and directed version of this.

This is also a hard pill for some environmentalists to swallow, but extinction is just as, or even more common than speciation. Environmentalists trying to perfectly preserve every ecosystem in some kind of a biological snapshot forever is likely subverting the natural biological process. A good example of this is the push to reintroduce Wolves despite their inability to adapt, and the rise of the Coyote in the wolves evolutionary nitch.

Too many in the modern Environmental movement have gone and confused themselves with God.

Well i never thought i would see this happen in a western country and in America but it seems its likely going to happen in case and should California's newsom win.

According to the reports California's newsom and California's Liberal's are planning to limit/restrict on how much the state and you the resident of the state can limit the water.

If you go overuse the water you would be charged from 1k to 10k.

This is the only article i could find that is not under a paywall sadly. And that tweet from twitter. If this goes through this could be very bad for Farmers and the state.
California’s Farmers Face Unprecedented Water Restrictions

Please keep telling us how global warming doesn’t exist. I’m glad you are finally getting on board but as typical with Conservatives, you’re a decade too late. But don’t let a little bit like that stop you from crying.

Every year it's either Drought vs Flooding in California, however Drought has been winning the coin toss lately. I've already been cutting back on water usage. Sprinkler system cut down to about 1/3 of what I typically use. I do rinseless car washes at home, etc. I wouldn't mind artificial turf in the backyard. I would DIY it, but damn that's a lot of work.

So the drought and lack of water has nothing to do with the possible decision? Low water levels at major water sources within and without the state? Lack of rain? "Climate Change?" Lack of programs that capture rain water? Lack of programs where people aren't always watering deserts?

So people can't flex during times of trouble? Let your lawns die, focus on the important things, maybe not have so many almonds? Temporarily? This is the first time?

If it wasn't for empty pools in the late 70s, who knows where skating would be.

I'm surprised that people think that if you are the Gov of California, you have the power of a Greek God.

2 Years ago the reservoirs were completely full and the State said there was enough for California for 5 years even if there wasn't another drop of rain in that time.

But the environmentalists won out again and got the state to dump excess water to supposedly help out a smelt fish or something.

Newsom Administration Wasted So Much Water, Oroville Just Ran Out
https://californiaglobe.com/article...n-wasted-so-much-water-oroville-just-ran-out/

It was only in April when California Gov. Gavin Newsom held a press event in Oroville, with a 60% empty Oroville Dam Reservoir as his backdrop, and said he was not ready to declare an official drought emergency – despite that the previous two weeks 91% of Delta inflow went to the sea, state pumps were at -97%, federal pumps at -85%, and outflows showed 6,060,828,600 gallons. Since April, Oroville has been drained almost dry.

“While he still has his emergency powers, can’t the governor order stoppage of this outflow if California really is on the precipice of severe water shortages and a ‘rare mega drought?’” the Globe asked.

People forget the winter of 2019 brought 200 percent of average rains and snow pack. The state’s reservoirs held enough water for 5 to 7 years. Yet the state still held back on water to farmers, and residents faced rationing, the Globe reported May 2019, proving that water in California is a political football.

“Hyatt Power Plant at Lake Oroville officially stopped making power today,” Congressman LaMalfa said in a statement. Hyatt can make up to 900 megawatts and typically produces 450 megawatts of power, enough to power 800,000 homes. Because of low water levels, only 10 megawatts had been produced recently. “Today the power plant went offline as the lake’s water level sank to one of the lowest levels on record.”

“Lake Oroville was at full capacity two years ago, as well as in 2017,” said LaMalfa. “This dam was designed to provide water and power through five years of drought. Governor Newsom’s administration mismanaged and wasted so much water that Oroville ran out of water in just a year and half. Throughout the winter and spring, the state let water out of the lake, ignoring that we were in a drought. The government has used our water for its pet projects like the delta smelt, a fish no one has found a single one of in over three years. Yet families and farms have seen dramatic cutbacks in their water availability. Mismanagement of our water means we lose 450 megawatts of power, recreation, drinking water, water for farms and water for fall run salmon. Everybody loses because of the states wasteful management,” LaMalfa said.

lol at the dipshits voting to keep Newsom as Governor.

Last edited:
2 Years ago the reservoirs were completely full and the State said there was enough for California for 5 years even if there wasn't another drop of rain in that time.

But the environmentalists won out again and got the state to dump excess water to supposedly help out a smelt fish or something.

Newsom Administration Wasted So Much Water, Oroville Just Ran Out
https://californiaglobe.com/article...n-wasted-so-much-water-oroville-just-ran-out/

It was only in April when California Gov. Gavin Newsom held a press event in Oroville, with a 60% empty Oroville Dam Reservoir as his backdrop, and said he was not ready to declare an official drought emergency – despite that the previous two weeks 91% of Delta inflow went to the sea, state pumps were at -97%, federal pumps at -85%, and outflows showed 6,060,828,600 gallons. Since April, Oroville has been drained almost dry.

“While he still has his emergency powers, can’t the governor order stoppage of this outflow if California really is on the precipice of severe water shortages and a ‘rare mega drought?’” the Globe asked.

People forget the winter of 2019 brought 200 percent of average rains and snow pack. The state’s reservoirs held enough water for 5 to 7 years. Yet the state still held back on water to farmers, and residents faced rationing, the Globe reported May 2019, proving that water in California is a political football.

“Hyatt Power Plant at Lake Oroville officially stopped making power today,” Congressman LaMalfa said in a statement. Hyatt can make up to 900 megawatts and typically produces 450 megawatts of power, enough to power 800,000 homes. Because of low water levels, only 10 megawatts had been produced recently. “Today the power plant went offline as the lake’s water level sank to one of the lowest levels on record.”

“Lake Oroville was at full capacity two years ago, as well as in 2017,” said LaMalfa. “This dam was designed to provide water and power through five years of drought. Governor Newsom’s administration mismanaged and wasted so much water that Oroville ran out of water in just a year and half. Throughout the winter and spring, the state let water out of the lake, ignoring that we were in a drought. The government has used our water for its pet projects like the delta smelt, a fish no one has found a single one of in over three years. Yet families and farms have seen dramatic cutbacks in their water availability. Mismanagement of our water means we lose 450 megawatts of power, recreation, drinking water, water for farms and water for fall run salmon. Everybody loses because of the states wasteful management,” LaMalfa said.

lol at the dipshits voting to keep Newsom as Governor.

100% nailed it.

The Democrats running this state have fucked up our Energy and Water policies.

Please keep telling us how global warming doesn’t exist. I’m glad you are finally getting on board but as typical with Conservatives, you’re a decade too late. But don’t let a little bit like that stop you from crying.

Shut it... Cali has always had droughts. Always.

There's a little known method to save water during wetter years... too bad the extremist lefties don't like them and force weak willed politicians to bend the knee.

You know... reservoirs

Shut it... Cali has always had droughts. Always.

There's a little known method to save water during wetter years... too bad the extremist lefties don't like them and force weak willed politicians to bend the knee.

You know... reservoirs

Funny but Cali uses Reservoirs. Unfortunately, the source that feeds these reservoirs, the Colorado River, doesn’t have enough water to maintain their level. Nice try though. You can keep blaming other things but as the Earth keeps warming up you’ll be left without an excuse. By then you’ll probably be dead so who cares, right?

Water is life.

What are you talking about? No children are going thirsty you idiot.

I grew up in the southwest, we had water restrictions all the time - it basically meant you couldn't water your lawn, which is perfectly reasonable. Idiots shouldn't be wasting water trying to get perfect green grass in a climate that doesn't support it.

Last edited:
People like to give the Midwest a hard time, but water will never be a problem where I live in upper Michigan. I can see Lake Superior (The largest freshwater lake in the world by surface area) from my back deck in an affordable home. The small city is only about 20,000 or so people, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Here is an aerial view of part of the shoreline in the city limits.
07204e62062108bfe9d23976bad7fa98070dbbda0f9da33f486e575793a7f50c.jpg

The winters are fucking brutal though...

Last edited:
I hear fake grass is nice.
Fake grass looks....fake. When in your mind you know it is fake, it just feels wrong. I'd much rather have some kind of desertscape landscaping, where everything is real. Fortunately I am near the Great Lakes, where we have more water than we know what to do with it. I had some relatives from SoCal vacation with us; one of the things that amazed them was just lush and green this area is and the gorgeous natural grass lawns.

People like to give the Midwest a hard time, but water will never be a problem where I live in upper Michigan. I can see Lake Superior (The largest freshwater lake in the world by surface area) from my back deck in an affordable home. The small city is only about 20,000 or so people, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Here is an aerial view of part of the shoreline in the city limits.
07204e62062108bfe9d23976bad7fa98070dbbda0f9da33f486e575793a7f50c.jpg

The winters are fucking brutal though...

Those winters build character. The idea of baking under 300 days of scorching weather never appealed to me. Sure it's good to have a vitamin D top up in March, but four season weather > one season weather.

Last edited:
Back