We dodged a CC bullet, boys

Some thoughts
Can you imagine how insufferable Colby would have been as Champion? If you think he’s cringe now, I can’t imagine what he would be like with the belt
Then they would have made the rematch
Ugh
So Leon did all of us a favor
Strickland and Colby as champs, that’s a PR nightmare
I think Colby lost his edge when he did that dad thing with Edwards, he apologized at the face off, and that’s unusual - but he didn’t look good at all to me in the fight, had no killer in him. so maybe his age in that weight class is a factor too
But knowing it was his last shot, I thought he would fight differently, with more urgency, he seemed to be trying to survive instead of win

Calling out a older version of wonder boy,post fight , who’s a pure striker is weird too
He is in a weird place with his career now
Js
I agree, Colby would have been horrible. Leon is the better fighter and better person, better role model, better for MMA PR as well.

I'd watch if Dustin's game

To each their own. To me he's just a sloppier but scrappier Jon Fitch, there's no particular facet of his game that's interesting to me. I'll watch his fight if he's fighting someone I like I guess but he as an individual fighter brings nothing to the table that's must see, probably why he adopted the gimmick
Not probably… publicly well documented by Colby himself, his gimmick saved him from being cut due to his boring fight style.

Adults on social media…
Ain’t nothing more sad than adults trying to act/stay young by doing what teenies do (USING social media)…
Grow up I would say

Leon Scott has 16 UFC fights 12 have gone to decision. Colby has the exact same amount of UFC fights and only 9 have gone to decision you nerd.
Nerd🤣.
Hopefully you're trolling

Bullshit. Had Colby won it would have charged up board to heights not seen since Conor lost to Nate and Ronda Holly. He would a been the ultimate champion you really love to hate.

Colby win would of charged fan interest where as Colby coming out dtsle an losing deflated it. As there's nothing of serious intrest now just Edward's, Belal, an Shav. All non Charisma boring to watch fighters.

He wouldn't have held on to that belt for long. He's 35 years old, past his prime. Looked old, and is old.
I think he’s almost 36 and in that division, where endurance and grappling are king (for now) he looked terrible
Even Dana said he looked slow and bad then said something about “figuring out what he wants to do at 36”
The energy Colby brought that first Usman fight was terminator style
The one he brought to this fight brought nothing close to that

This. Colby nuthggers are really working overtime to try to justify him at this point. The mental gymnastics routines score a 10 with the judges.
There seems like theres only like 4 or 5 of them left though.

Nah fuck all that the numbers don't lie.
Are you really marking out this hard for some wrestling character? Do you have your Ultimate Warrior action figure kiss your Colby action figure before you make them wrestle in your WWF Ring?

I need to get with the times. CC means Cro Cop
Was about to post this, feels like I got click baited. CC can only ever mean Cro Cop ffs.

I’m willing to compromise though. We can strip Cejudo of CCC and it can be Colby Clown Covington.

Leon Scott has 16 UFC fights 12 have gone to decision. Colby has the exact same amount of UFC fights and only 9 have gone to decision you nerd.

It’s a really good point…but Leon is a champion. CC, no…. Colbs sold the fight, no doubt, but to be fair, most of the WW champs come short of Conor, Chael, or Tito territory, in terms of fandom. GSP kinda set the standard. Just win.

Only 1 person has mentioned it in 6 pages.......

There's only 1 CC in MMA and it sure as fuck isn't Colby.

Back