We only got one male US champ

What the fuck is this? Are we really going to have nationalism contest about UFC champions right now?? With the focus being lack of American champs? Like really, is this thread necessary? Who fucking cares TS?

See my post in the “ Is Din Thomas correct about Tony”. That is why Americans aren’t doing so hot right now. Too much tough man mentality and not enough focus on technique.

The good thing is the world titles sound like the world titles.

They can also milk the classic angle when hyping up an American challenger against the “evil foreigner” character. The crowd will chant “USA!” You know how this goes.

I prefer to think of it as I have an entire roster of champions because they're all from planet Earth.

As soon as Martians start taking belts I'll worry.

While the nationality of a lot of the champions are non-american, the MMA infrastructure is very america-centric. The biggest promotions and gyms are all American.

If MMA ever become an olympic sport and each nation has a set structure for competition within their own countries, *then* we can do this kind of comparison, but until then, MMA fighters are very much a product of international cooperations

Restrict your guns a bit more and folks will learn to throw down unarmed out of necessity.

What's crazy is that not accepting Usman as an American would be a POS move in most peoples eyes (including my own) but also saying he's culturally American and not Nigerian is a POS move in a lot of peoples eyes

Kind of a weird dilemma lol

It’s American to deny being American and completely embrace only where your ancestors are from.

Sterling may not be the hero we wanted, but he's the one we got. (Kind of like the way Americas presidential race went)

I will stand behind Americas greatest champion!
After Wilder was vanquished by the white hand of an insane Irish travelling Wizard from great Britain the only combats sport champ we have is Sterling. He is our new hope!

Marty is from Nebraska. I mean, that's barely in America?!?! Right?

Hasn't Israel lived in New Zealand since he was like 10 or something? I'd imagine hes a New Zealand citizen first at this point?

Imagine someone moving here as a kid. Taking full advantage of all that you can get here, then as a late adult claiming to be "from another country". Lol. I watch fighters fight. In general I am confident they are mostly dumb, otherwise they would make a LOT more money doing work that doesn't ensure dementia. So, I don't really care what they have to say. So, claim you are from Mars. Good for you bro.

What about the Klitchko brothers who held phd degrees but chose to be fighters?

How to make Sherdog instantaneously love Usman in one easy step : mention that the only other American male champ is Aljo.

I prefer to think of it as I have an entire roster of champions because they're all from planet Earth.

As soon as Martians start taking belts I'll worry.

What u got against martians?? #onesolarsystem

Back