Weapons Loaded While You Sleep?

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For firearms intended for home defense, do you keep any of them loaded while you sleep at night?

Only my musket and my cannon filled with grape shot, Just in case any rapscallions get past my heavy oak door. Once those two are expended reloading is usually out of the question so it's a bayonet charge with the musket or I'll draw my sabre and go toe to toe with the intruding vermin. I do have a fine array of flintlock pistols but it's unsafe to keep them loaded and ready.

Just pretend it is
giphy.gif

Yes. Otherwise, what’s the point?

I think you'd do better to not have to worry about fumbling around with a magazine in the dark and under stress.

Unless you're a habitual user of ambien or have serious somnambulating issues, I don't see why not.

Yes, but not chambered.

Break in, wake me up, and find out..;)

Of course. I have an electronic speed safe bolted to the back of my nightstand with my 1911 cocked and locked.
CFEB8B4A-0EF7-4FCE-B389-728B179AAA25.jpeg

Also have a large gun safe in my basement with an AR Pistol and a Mossberg 500 Persuader, both kept in condition 3.

I keep guns loaded in a quick vault safe when I sleep. 4 finger strokes on the pad and I have a loaded gun. Safe is on my dresser so i have to get up to get to it.

Yeah in a quick safe within arms reach of my bed. Two buttons it opens.

So no one sleeps with a condition 1 handgun (holstered, of course) under their pillow or on the nightstand? Asking for a friend...

Glock 19 ready to go on the nightstand and a mossberg 590a1 leaning on the other side of it but with the safety on. Critical defense and 00buck.

Ya'll need to get serious.

I stay in condition 1 at the 3 o'clock even when I'm sleeping.

Hell, I make my woman hold it when we doing the dirty so I can use both hands.

So no one sleeps with a condition 1 handgun (holstered, of course) under their pillow or on the nightstand? Asking for a friend...
G17 with surefire X300 on nightstand. No little ones in the house.

Oh okay, I thought condition 2 only applied to revolvers. We always skipped that step when screaming out the 4 safety rules in boot camp.

I honestly had to look it up, I always forget for sa/da semi. So hammer back safety on is condition 1 and hammer down round chambered safety off is condition 2. If I hear something I'm pulling the hammer back if there is time. If there is even more time I'm grabbing my AR that is condition 1.

I think I want to get a cz shadow 2 sa/da to replace it with as my nightstand gun.

Back