Weight loss journal

goddamnit you degenerates.

It is part of learning. He has a curl monkey workout regimen that I had when I was 15. He is considering adding a back day which is pretty good. I didn't even get there until I was 17. All I did at home was do arms and chest every day like a retard with my cheap weider weight set. I didn't know better and I would curl until I hurt my lower back. I think I saw something with Arnold and I decided I should maybe add shoulder exercise.

I get it that some people don't care about strength. They just want big arms and shoulders. It is what it is. You can tell them adding leg and back exercise will help them lose weight even faster but they aren't going to believe it until they realize they aren't making any real gains. It's like guys who don't eat enough and can't gain any muscle. There is no need to shit on them.

Agreed. Every word. My post was getting kinda long but I should have mentioed that Ididn't think this was a bad case of that scenario, just that it fit into some kind of pattern that contributes to the problem.

new macros per day:

protein: 133g
carb: 110g (28g sugars)
fat: 20g

1400-1500 kcal it works out.

What u think? Thats 2 main meals, breakfast and lunch both including 40g carbs, the rest are snacks 3-4 snacks. Snacks are 2 protein bars, 100g pack of pastrami and protein shake on no sugar almond milk. I could swap 1 protein bar for 2 extra packs of pastrami for same calorific value which will add extra 23g of protein and reduce carbs by 15g.

Pastrami is like 23g of protein, 1g of fat and 1g of carbs in 100g but again processed red meat and dont wanna get cancer so perhaps swap for deli chicken slices instead with same macros.

Deli chicken is nice better than cooked on water. And same macros.

Last edited:
new macros per day:

protein: 133g
carb: 110g (28g sugars)
fat: 20g

1400-1500 kcal it works out.

What u think? Thats 2 main meals, breakfast and lunch both including 40g carbs, the rest are snacks 3-4 snacks. Snacks are 2 protein bars, 100g pack of pastrami and protein shake on no sugar almond milk. I could swap 1 protein bar for 2 extra packs of pastrami for same calorific value which will add extra 23g of protein and reduce carbs by 15g.

Pastrami is like 23g of protein, 1g of fat and 1g of carbs in 100g but again processed red meat and dont wanna get cancer so perhaps swap for deli chicken slices instead with same macros.

Deli chicken is nice better than cooked on water. And same macros.
What is your current weight? Are you interested in weight loss at any cost or body recomposition as in losing some fat and gaining muscle.
How did you arrive at the 1400-1500 kcal number? Did you use a calculator or do it manually? You are also working out at least 5 times a week. I am assuming each workout is like 1 hour at least. Try a simple calculator like https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html and then cut maybe 300-500 calories. You have one year to drop the weight right? It's not like you are trying to cut 150 lbs in a year.

Heh, maybe I am exactly ;D
Not trying to make light of the situation but if you are really big. You need the calories to function properly. 1500 is really low especially if you are working out 5 times or more a week. Your workouts will get affected or you can't recovery fast enough.

Try to lose it gradually. Even something like 2lbs a week is considered a bit extreme. You do drop a lot of weight in the beginning but it might be water. Focus on quality gains rather than actual weight.

Not trying to make light of the situation but if you are really big. You need the calories to function properly. 1500 is really low especially if you are working out 5 times or more a week. Your workouts will get affected or you can't recovery fast enough.

Try to lose it gradually. Even something like 2lbs a week is considered a bit extreme. You do drop a lot of weight in the beginning but it might be water. Focus on quality gains rather than actual weight.

2 lbs a week. Fuck more fitness memes that don't have any basis in reality.

Didn't you read what he said? He has 150 lbs of fat he wants to lose.

He's 150 lbs overweight. He could not eat for weeks and be fine. Some of the shit you guys say blows my fucking mind.

If he's 150 lbs+ obese and you're really gonna use the word "gains" and encourage him to EAT MORE, you are fucking batshit insane.

Sounds like you are one of those guys who wants everyone to follow the same bad advice you took, and stay average and normal like you so nobody's success challenges the weak results of the bad advice you follow. Just because you're using gentle words and pretending to be helpful doesn't mean you're helping this guy.

You are thinking about your little realm of advice, not the person and his goal. Workouts will suffer, can't recover. He doesn't give a fuck about that. He said he wants to lose weight, not get a streak of great workouts and recovery. You're not even reading what he's saying or thinking about the person you're just repeating memes you think sound good.

You're encouraging someone who wants to lose 150 lbs to eat more. You're nutso, coo coo for coco puffs, off your rocker, three sheets to the wind.

Last edited:
At the moment workouts are improving and adding creatine soon. Although cardio is a main thing I do weights also just to get feel of it and do it full time when hitting weight goal. Like I said I lost 4 pounds in last week, I weigh myself again this Sunday to see whats the difference this time. Rapid drop also isnt best in my interest because of risk of hanging skin. But thats still early stage so im still looking what works and what not.

2 lbs a week. Fuck more fitness memes that don't have any basis in reality.

Didn't you read what he said? He has 150 lbs of fat he wants to lose.

He's 150 lbs overweight. He could not eat for weeks and be fine. Some of the shit you guys say blows my fucking mind.

If he's 150 lbs+ obese and you're really gonna use the word "gains" and encourage him to EAT MORE, you are fucking batshit insane.

Sounds like you are one of those guys who wants everyone to follow the same bad advice you took, and stay average and normal like you so nobody's success challenges the weak results of the bad advice you follow. Just because you're using gentle words and pretending to be helpful doesn't mean you're helping this guy.

You are thinking about your little realm of advice, not the person and his goal. Workouts will suffer, can't recover. He doesn't give a fuck about that. He said he wants to lose weight, not get a streak of great workouts and recovery. You're not even reading what he's saying or thinking about the person you're just repeating memes you think sound good.

You're encouraging someone who wants to lose 150 lbs to eat more. You're nutso, coo coo for coco puffs, off your rocker, three sheets to the wind.

I am suggesting more gradual weight loss. Even at 2 lbs a week he is losing over 100 lbs in a year. I was just wondering where he got the 1500 calorie number from?

Go check what the BMR for a 6' 350 lb man is. You want to cut 40 percent of it then you want to add new training routine of 5-6 workout sessions on top of that? You think that is sustainable for a year?

At the moment workouts are improving and adding creatine soon. Although cardio is a main thing I do weights also just to get feel of it and do it full time when hitting weight goal. Like I said I lost 4 pounds in last week, I weigh myself again this Sunday to see whats the difference this time. Rapid drop also isnt best in my interest because of risk of hanging skin. But thats still early stage so im still looking what works and what not.
Were you doing anything physical before or just decided in life change and going full bore? Careful you don't jump in too deep too fast. Only way you're going to stick with it is avoiding burnout.

Were you doing anything physical before or just decided in life change and going full bore? Careful you don't jump in too deep too fast. Only way you're going to stick with it is avoiding burnout.

My job is physical but other than that nothing. First couple weeks were hard and was trying to get used to new regime. As far as burnout goes I guess its irrelevant, im more concerned about picking up some injury or catching flu/covid that will prevent me from working out. The gym is newly opened and 5 minutes walk away from me, so I dont even have a valid excuse not to do it anymore. I do look forward for another training, I know some people that do gym everyday and even im motivated to do it everyday but rest is also a big part of the process so I only go for 5 days, at the end of the day my current weight didnt happen overnight so it would be unfair for me to expect quick results. I did my body picture so when time is right I will post before and after.

My job is physical but other than that nothing. First couple weeks were hard and was trying to get used to new regime. As far as burnout goes I guess its irrelevant, im more concerned about picking up some injury or catching flu/covid that will prevent me from working out. The gym is newly opened and 5 minutes walk away from me, so I dont even have a valid excuse not to do it anymore. I do look forward for another training, I know some people that do gym everyday and even im motivated to do it everyday but rest is also a big part of the process so I only go for 5 days, at the end of the day my current weight didnt happen overnight so it would be unfair for me to expect quick results. I did my body picture so when time is right I will post before and after.
life happens to everyone but if you can stay consistent 2-3 days a week for a year, that's better than 6 days a week for a month.
Don't forget to keep a log either online or in a notebook so you don't work the same thing in a natural routine.

Another sunday and this time we have -2.5 lbs compared to -4 lbs of sunday before. Workout was the same but started creatine yesterday (not loading) possibly some water was retained. 2.5-3 lbs is ideal for me tbh considering my metabolism is slow af 1500 kcal works like a charm at the moment. Im neither reducing neither increasing intake.

Next 2 weeks im not working so can do gym 6 days a week, possibly 7 with 2 days only for cardio and 5 days weights + cardio but less. Thoughts?

Another sunday and this time we have -2.5 lbs compared to -4 lbs of sunday before. Workout was the same but started creatine yesterday (not loading) possibly some water was retained. 2.5-3 lbs is ideal for me tbh considering my metabolism is slow af 1500 kcal works like a charm at the moment. Im neither reducing neither increasing intake.

Next 2 weeks im not working so can do gym 6 days a week, possibly 7 with 2 days only for cardio and 5 days weights + cardio but less. Thoughts?

Don't get fixated on the scale. Muscle growth may discourage total loss numbers but let the same mirror in same lighting be your judge.

Hows your body feel after 1st week? You know if you're on the right pace, or if taking 5-6 days to recover then maybe more rest will be needed.

Don't get fixated on the scale. Muscle growth may discourage total loss numbers but let the same mirror in same lighting be your judge.

Hows your body feel after 1st week? You know if you're on the right pace, or if taking 5-6 days to recover then maybe more rest will be needed.

I feel great. I was doing 3 sets in each exercise with aim of 12 reps but could only do like 12-10-8, now Im doing full 12-12-12 near failure. I stay like that for 2 more weeks and then either add weight or more reps.

Also I am on a strict clean eating. No cheat shits as it can throw me out of diet and make me feel guilty. But the more time passes the more encouraged I am to keep it up.

Last edited:
I feel great. I was doing 3 sets in each exercise with aim of 12 reps but could only do like 12-10-8, now Im doing full 12-12-12 near failure. I stay like that for 2 more weeks and then either add weight or more reps.

Also I am on a strict clean eating. No cheat shits as it can throw me out of diet and make me feel guilty. But the more time passes the more encouraged I am to keep it up.
Do you warm up in addition to your working sets?

Why wait a couple weeks to add weight? I'd go ahead and add 5lbs now and keep progressing.

Yes, absolutely.

Anyways, he's training and losing weight and feeling good. He has escaped the prison, nobody can bring him back, don't even try. Soon, nobody will be able to convince him to doubt himself and have a less ambitious goal. He's learning for himself what's possible and that he really doesn't need all the fitness memes. They're all lies anyways, he can do anything he wants. The faster he loses the weight the better. He will be healthier and feel better and carry it forward as more motivation. He's figured out the best way to learn is to try and fail, not ask around for what the most average people do without effort or purpose.
Ok David Goggins

Your advice for an obese guy was eat more.
Not at all. You are taking that way out of context. I am just asking where did this 1500 calorie split into two meals come from? Go to any nutritionist or any diet forum. If you are so sure about this. Go make a thread in the diet forum and flame me there then.

Making fun of me for being excited about what he is doing proves you are not interested in who this guy is or what he's trying to do.

You're just interested in repeating memes that sound good to you.

Did you mean to quote yourself?

Back