Weight loss journal

3.5 this week. Had rough last 2 days in a gym, picked up some right foot pain and couldnt do cardio at the intensity I normally do. Pain seem to go away for now hopefully wont come back. Had some changes in the diet everything of course under 1.5k cal but may as well be a reason for smaller weight loss, who knows. But like I said, as long as its at least 2 lbs a week im happy. The journey continues.

Last edited:
Congrats on the weight loss man. But 5 days? Damn dude. You might be the first anorexic fat guy I've ever seen.

It's time we come to accept that morbidly obese people got that way by not eating. Science has lied to us all these years.

So brave, so courageous.

So in the end I went for 3 days fast and I will never do that again. Just cant bear it. Nevertheless only 3lbs down since last Sunday. It could be a sign that metabolism slowly grinds to halt. Body adjusting to constant weight loss. I must admit I notice some other things happening; sex drive non existent I guess hormones are decimated as well. The plan for upcoming week is to temporarily increase calories to 2500 for 2-4 weeks to get metabolism reving again and then reducing by 100 each week while increasing cardio intensity. Still gonna lose at least 2lbs a week but this time should be consistent long term. Sounds like a plan to me. Thoughts? I also had recommendation of adding 100 calories each week from what I am eating now but I think it will just take longer.

So in the end I went for 3 days fast and I will never do that again. Just cant bear it. Nevertheless only 3lbs down since last Sunday. It could be a sign that metabolism slowly grinds to halt. Body adjusting to constant weight loss. I must admit I notice some other things happening; sex drive non existent I guess hormones are decimated as well. The plan for upcoming week is to temporarily increase calories to 2500 for 2-4 weeks to get metabolism reving again and then reducing by 100 each week while increasing cardio intensity. Still gonna lose at least 2lbs a week but this time should be consistent long term. Sounds like a plan to me. Thoughts? I also had recommendation of adding 100 calories each week from what I am eating now but I think it will just take longer.

As your weight comes down, your options for injury free training and frequency of training are opening up. You can start to develop your training more and as a result eat more. Once you're no longer massively obese, which it seems like you're doing great at that goal, you need to start living like an athletic person of your stature.

For example, if you eat 1500 calories daily for a while, you might feel like you say, low sex drive, etc.

If you eat 3,000 calories a day, but you exercise for two hours, you may end your day in a similar net energy state as the first example, though your metabolism has been active in different ways and as a result, you feel different.

So compared to super weight loss mode, this will probably mean more food but also more training. This will help your issues I think.

Your weight was an emergency like a fire. You've been firefighter in firefighting mode. You responded and put out the fire! Once the fat fire is out, you'll become the restoration team in construction mode. You'll to rebuild.

Why did you fast? Did you feel any of the benefits? Did you have any sodium/potassium/magnesium drinks while fasting?

I always want to try it, but I lift on weekdays, and weekend is too much free time not to eat. So getting the timing is difficult.

Why did you fast? Did you feel any of the benefits? Did you have any sodium/potassium/magnesium drinks while fasting?

I always want to try it, but I lift on weekdays, and weekend is too much free time not to eat. So getting the timing is difficult.

Just water I had but no, physically didnt feel any benefits.

2.5 this week. Its been wild week. Increased calories to 2k not 2.5k as I planned. 3 days couldnt do cardio cuz of right leg and foot. 5 mins into cardio and felt tightness and pain so had to add extra exercies to weights hopefully that counts. This morning I finished one hour of cardio with no issues so looks like everything is back to normal. 1 more week on this and will dive down on 1.5k again until another plateau.

How much more weight do you need to lose?

Also the sex drive thing is common. Your hormones crash when you are in an extended calorie deficit. That is why some suggest to do a weight loss phase followed by maintenance phase and so on.

2 lbs down this week. I only did gym for 2 days doing only weights. Picked up some bad back pain at work. Had 2 days off in work as well. Diet still 2k calories. Will reduce it to 1.5k next week if I still cant work out properly. Im upset about this to be honest. Was going so smooth and everything thrown off by fucking back pain.

Last edited:
3.5 down. Which is interesting because I only did 1 day of the gym without cardio. 1.5k calories. Back pain still there, wondering how next week will look like but will try my best.

Wardrobe update: I still wear my 4xl t shirts at work (different sizing in europe) and I look comically in them now, looked normal few months ago. I was also wearing 4xl shorts in the gym for the first month then dropped to 3xl, looks like I have to drop to 2xl now, same goes to underwear and sadly need new trousers/jeans as well. Some big spending on the way.

Despite some setbacks for the last few weeks, weight loss still happening and I feel great about it. Cant wait to go back fully on track with workout regime.

Since there isnt much engagement on this thread but I know some people still interested how I am doing I will post updates with 'breakthroughs' instead every now and then or if someone replies instead of weekly updates. The plan is to conclude weight loss by October next year, so lets see how that will look like.

Last edited:
Back