Television WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (Dragonlord's Review, post #62)

If you have seen WEREWOLF BY NIGHT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Let me guess, overwhelmingly positive?

Shocking, I say, that all those couldn't-make-it-in-the-film-industry-so-I-became-a-movie-reviewer people that get goodies in a gift bag in order to review the movie favorably, would actually rate a movie favorably. All of them reviewed WW84 as good or great, F them

Hasn't been a decent werewolf movie since American Werewolf In London, and even that werewolf isn't the kind of werewolf we want (I'm assuming we all want a Lon Cheney Jr meets Underwold werewolf (I lean more heavily toward LCJr, which is what Werewolf By Night is based on)), so I expect this to be better than we've seen in 30 years

No love for The Wolfman? I mean yeah, it has it's flaws, but there's plenty of blood and gore and a stacked cast: Benicio del Toro in the title role, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt and Hugo Weaving Jr.

Hasn't been a decent werewolf movie since American Werewolf In London, and even that werewolf isn't the kind of werewolf we want (I'm assuming we all want a Lon Cheney Jr meets Underwold werewolf (I lean more heavily toward LCJr, which is what Werewolf By Night is based on)), so I expect this to be better than we've seen in 30 years
seems like a missed opportunity. i would inject many werewolf movies straight into my veins if they were any good at all.

werewolves within was a good movie though and its recent.

seems like a missed opportunity. i would inject many werewolf movies straight into my veins if they were any good at all.

With all the reboots getting developed these days I'm almost surprised that no studio has tried to bring back The Howling.

I seriously hope Disney doesn’t screw this up. I love the idea of making a B&W homage to campy classic horror which I still watch to this day. I hope they do not overdo the camp and have some serious notes.

Let me guess, overwhelmingly positive?

Shocking, I say, that all those couldn't-make-it-in-the-film-industry-so-I-became-a-movie-reviewer people that get goodies in a gift bag in order to review the movie favorably, would actually rate a movie favorably. All of them reviewed WW84 as good or great, F them
It has 58% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Looks okay, Reminds me of that one episode of xfiles that used the same type of B&W camera work.

BTW have the usual fragile suspects come in to complain that because a Latino actor is the main character it means this is going to be a "woke" show?

I'll look it up and check it out! cheers!

No love for The Wolfman? I mean yeah, it has it's flaws, but there's plenty of blood and gore and a stacked cast: Benicio del Toro in the title role, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt and Hugo Weaving Jr.
Hated it. It had the right look, and it could have been great, but the story was bad. IMO

Marvel needs to go away for 10 years then come back so I can like it again. Other than the Dr doom arc everything Marvel making me cringe now. An I loved Marvel pre endgame.

What I've been saying for the past 3-4 years. They oversaturated the market. Also, I can't fu*king keep up with 3-4 TV shows, 4 movies each year. That's just Marvel, without DC, without Star Wars etc. Take a step back, relax a bit, then reboot everything.

It has 58% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Now. Can't find the exact numbers right now, but some sites say after 71 critics review, it was at 89%.

the first reactions were

And many more I'm not able to post now due to media count.

All of those people, and many more, are shills. Paid shills. I don't trust them if they told me the time of the day.

Now. Can't find the exact numbers right now, but some sites say after 71 critics review, it was at 89%.

the first reactions were

All of those people, and many more, are shills. Paid shills. I don't trust them if they told me the time of the day.

Ok in that case I agree. Early reviews are bought and paid for. WW84 was so bad.

- Silver bullet
- The company of wolves
- Ginger snaps
- Dog soldiers
- Trick r treat (segment)
- Wer
- Howl

Ranging from decent to pretty good.

Late Phases, a somewhat recent one that is excellent.

the first reactions were

so good its pretty much caused her star wars movie to be canned!

Back