What’s Ronda’s best win?

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Miesha Tate? I’m trying to take a non biased and objective look at her career. Is Miesha a good win though?

images

82eG.gif

KwJam3.gif

K1 Ronda<{UberTS}>

I'd say it was Cat Zingano.
Now it doesn't seem like much but at the time she just finished Tate and Amanda fucking Nunes (granted she didn't turn that corner yet, but still).

The way she handled her in seconds was mind blowing at the time.

Never quite managed to get on board with the cult of personality thing (plus Ronda seems like just a shitty person), but MMA misses Ronda, she seemed invincible and had that buzz around her I've rarely seen.

She'd probably still be up there among the contenders. WMMA divisions are paper thin.

Probably Miesha. She beat prime Holly afterall.

In retrospect it was probably largely assisted by the damage Zingano sustained against Nunes, but I still that that win is Big Ron’s greatest accomplishment.

Big Ron actually has several good wins though. At the time, Tate, Zingano, Kaufman and McMann were top of the heap lady fighters.

Now I think several would knock her block off. Nunes obviously did, so did Holm, De Randamie would buttfuck her, Valentina would knuckle her up even fighting up too.

Her toughest opponent in a win was Tate.

But the way she put Bethe to sleep launched her into the stratosphere.

Miesha Tate? I’m trying to take a non biased and objective look at her career. Is Miesha a good win though?

Yeah, regardless of Tate's Hail Mary against Holm to finally win the UFC belt, Miesha Tate is a good win. Especially given Rousey beat her 3 times, right? I think we saw a mini evolution when Nunes got better and won the belt. A similar evolution to when Anderson Silva won the MW belt. so it's a tough comparison for Rousey,

Edit: I was corrected. Rousey only beat Tate twice.

Last edited:
In retrospect it was probably largely assisted by the damage Zingano sustained against Nunes, but I still that that win is Big Ron’s greatest accomplishment.

Big Ron actually has several good wins though. At the time, Tate, Zingano, Kaufman and McMann were top of the heap lady fighters.

Now I think several would knock her block off. Nunes obviously did, so did Holm, De Randamie would buttfuck her, Valentina would knuckle her up even fighting up too.
I think Val is just too small. Ronda would hip toss her on her neck. Val is fantastic against larger strikers then her but larger grapplers are a different story. A rehydrated Ronda was like 150-155 in cage while Val was literally 132 pounds fighting in the 136 division.

I think Sara mcmann would hump Val all fight to a UD. Maybe even grind her to a sub.

Kaufman, Carmouche, McMann, Tate and Zingano are all good wins.

Yeah, regardless of Tate's Hail Mary against Holm to finally win the UFC belt, Miesha Tate is a good win. Especially given Rousey beat her 3 times, right? I think we saw a mini evolution when Nunes got better and won the belt. A similar evolution to when Anderson Silva won the MW belt. so it's a tough comparison for Rousey,
Pretty sure Rousey only beat Tate twice.

Once in Strikeforce to take Meisha's belt and once in UFC after coaching TUF.

I think Val is just too small. Ronda would hip toss her on her neck. Val is fantastic against larger strikers then her but larger grapplers are a different story.

I think Sara mcmann would hump Val all fight to a UD. Maybe even grind her to a sub.
I think you’re right now since Big Ron weighs ~200 pounds, but if they were to fight at 135 (obviously this is entirely in the realm of thought experiment at this point), I would favor Valentina. She’s been generally a very good counter wrestler, and if anything I think she’s more susceptible to shots than any clinch related takedowns. She can get a little sloppy in scrambles too, but I think that in a fight where she has no reason to initiate anything but striking, her technical striking matches up very well with someone who’s footwork is reminiscent of an NFL D tackle.

Zingano had just brutally destroyed Nunes.

tumblr_nn3tvgiE7x1utulvvo1_400.gif

EPWK.gif

tumblr_nclv5h0gg41tcn168o1_400.gif

Cat%2BZingano%2BFinishes%2BAmanda%2BNunes%2BUFC%2B178.gif

By the way, it's hilarious that Nunes refers to herself as undefeated when she has 4 unavenged losses, including 3 in which she was finished.

All her wins were pretty damn legit, considering the sparse amount of talent. She was facing the best of the best the UFC(and...Bellator, Strikforce?) had to offer, and wasn't gifted much, if anything at all. The talent just caught up to her. Can't blame her for being head and shoulders ahead of everyone else in her time. Everybody eventually falls.

That said, the ownage of Miesha Tate is probably her best wins.

Back