What’s the toughest animal you could beat in unarmed combat?

My friend is a vet and saw this list and she says (from experience) she can take down any size angry house cat with just a towel and would rather take on any domestic cat than a medium sized angry dog.

I mean you just placed a condition (using a towel) to take the cat down. Why not a gun or a katana while we're at it?

Ask your vet friend if she was in a bikini how would she fare against an angry cat trying to kill her (and cats typically never try to kill humans) and see what kind of answer she gives u. As I've said cats typically don't want to fight you and they want you to stay away. There is a difference between a defensive house cat and an aggressive house cat that's aiming to kill you. My point is a motivated house cat that's looking to kill a human is way more dangerous than a medium sized dog IMO.

I mean you just placed a condition (using a towel) to take the cat down. Why not a gun or a katana while we're at it?

Ask your vet friend if she was in a bikini how would she fare against an angry cat trying to kill her (and cats typically never try to kill humans) and see what kind of answer she gives u. As I've said cats typically don't want to fight you and they want you to stay away. There is a difference between a defensive house cat and an aggressive house cat that's aiming to kill you. My point is a motivated house cat that's looking to kill a human is way more dangerous than a medium sized dog IMO.

I don't know if I agree with that. A house cat could draw blood, sure. But you could still grab it by the neck and crush it easily enough. With a medium sized dog, it could potentially take your fingers off. And if it got to your neck, that's no joke.

I would take great pleasure in fighting a goose. I hate those mfers with a passion. Dickheads of the animal kingdom. I’m sure it’d cut me up but I’m also sure I’d take joy in kicking one really fucking hard.

Sorry but I think a good-sized angry bobcat would fuck up the vast majority of Sherdog regulars. I'm not saying that it would kill anyone but it would do a number on most of us. I once had to get a big nasty feral cat off my back porch so I put on a pair of leather gloves & tried to pick it up to carry it over to the alley where it came from. And damn, was that a big mistake. It went completely haywire & bit through the gloves & scratched the shit out of me. I was shocked at how strong & ferocious a 15-pound animal could be.

I tried not to hurt it but in the end & I had to throw it about ten feet into a fence by the alley to keep it from clawing my eyes out. I threw it hard too but it ran off unharmed but pissed as hell. While I was left all torn up. Luckily its bite didn't break the skin of my thumb because of the glove but it hurt like hell for about a week. And if I hadn't had those gloves on I'm sure it would have bitten right down to the bone.

And that was just a wild version of a house cat. I'd hate to have had to fight with anything larger & angrier or hungrier or whatever. So, I think most of you are really underestimating how difficult it can be to handle an animal. They're very hard to get a hold of & much faster & stronger than you imagine they are.

Is this you?

Everyone in here assuming you're fully clothed - you could make the argument that's not completely unarmed as clothes give you a very significant advantage in a fight with an animal.

Everyone in here assuming you're fully clothed - you could make the argument that's not completely unarmed as clothes give you a very significant advantage in a fight with an animal.

This is true. I wouldn't be too afraid of a housecat if I had jeans & shoes on.

If my balls were hanging out? Different story.

Any wild animal 1/3rd your weight or more will tear you apart. Humans are the most pathetic fighters in the animal kingdom... Which makes the UFC akin to a turtle race.

Agreed. Our brains give us the advantage overall. We can shoot them or trap them. But if it came down to an actual fight, we would lose, and lose huge.

People have no idea. Cats will run away before they will fight, but when cornered, they go batshit. I have seen feral common cats send kids away with 50-60 stitches. Animals are faster and more vicious. We have no claws, sharp teeth, horns, or antlers. Shit, we don't even have fur. We'd be fucked.

cea2fcff1e21b7860f58b62fc8d61869.jpg

Last edited:
Are people talking about losing to house cats in here?

Jesus Christ we need to get back to farming and things like that. Our ancestors fought off everything for millennia. I mean, a house cat? You grab it by the scruff and smash its skull and or choke it. Push both your thumbs into it’s fkn throat and crush it you fkn weenies.

Dude just killed a small mountain lion a few months back. A house cat? K*** y*******.

I dont know man. A can grab a houscat with one hand and beat it to death on any wall or floor or countertop. There is nothing dangerouse about a houscat for me.

Lol at being scared of a housecat.

Stabbing doesn't even stop many humans. Often they only realise they're injured after the event. Concussive force is different, the body is worse at ignoring it.
That's true but usually these cases we talk about smaller blade, that was big ass kitchen knife on an animal smaller than an average human and when police arrived several minutes after the attack he was still strong enough to charge them

They're really though against damage, hard bones, pretty thick resistent skin, compact muscles, strong af tendons etc... wich make sense if you think they're built to fight each other

Plus light tough af animals seems to be able to disperse lot of blunt force impact, think pitbulls taking horse kicks without be KOd or wolverines being stomped by any kind of larger animal

My guess is unarmed your best chance to land such big shot to scare one away would be perfect timing land an huge rear low kick on their skull, but i think may very well just shrug it off and go at your balls angrier lol

A cat have not the weapons to kill an adult man. On other hand while being less fast/skilled a medium size dog have in his bite a far greater weapon... much bigger and deeper wound
I don't know if I agree with that. A house cat could draw blood, sure. But you could still grab it by the neck and crush it easily enough. With a medium sized dog, it could potentially take your fingers off. And if it got to your neck, that's no joke.
Strong dog does'nt even need neck bite, a corso not long ago killed a man by biting his arm... big vein got gash opened and during the mauling he died due blood loss
This is true. I wouldn't be too afraid of a housecat if I had jeans & shoes on.

If my balls were hanging out? Different story.
It's also that our bipedal position is not the norm for a mammal, standing vertical make us expose groin, throat and soft belly when we face somebody

Are people talking about losing to house cats in here?

Jesus Christ we need to get back to farming and things like that. Our ancestors fought off everything for millennia. I mean, a house cat? You grab it by the scruff and smash its skull and or choke it. Push both your thumbs into it’s fkn throat and crush it you fkn weenies.

Dude just killed a small mountain lion a few months back. A house cat? K*** y*******.
9qpYGzS.gif

My neighbor has a pug that I wouldn’t mind getting into a fight with

Had nearly the same experience, it was like trying to manage a whirlwind in my hands. Almost like it was moving 10x the speed I was.
Crazy, wasn't it? I can only imagine what it must be like to tangle with something a lot bigger like a leopard or a mountain lion.

That's the thing though. I think a motivated house cat would fuck up most people. Yes they're small but they are fast agile and have razer sharp claws (and teeth). If the cat truly wants to kill a human I think it has a decent chance. Those sharp claws can do severe damage. Will it win in the end? Most likely no but it'll make sure you won't be too far off from being completely scarred for life..

Exactly. That's why I had to throw the damn thing into the fence like I did because it started going for my face/eyes.

Back