What Are You Currently Playing? v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a dwarf campaign on Total war warhammer 2, and playing that for awhile made me want to dust off vermintide 2 as well. I’m currently closing in on reaching level cap so I can focus on end game and I am having a blast! It’s so satisfying just slaying thousands of skaven lol

I also picked up guilty gear rev 2 while it was on sale for 5$, so I can practice before the new game drops in April.

Oh ya, and I bought Valheim, but I haven’t played it enough to give an opinion on it yet.

Guilty gear still on sale?

Guilty gear still on sale?

No the sale ended Monday sadly, it was like 80% off. I got the base game for 5 ( instead of 30 ) and rev 2 upgrade for 4 ( instead of 20 )

with the new one coming out in early April I’m sure it will be on sale again in March at some point

No the sale ended Monday sadly, it was like 80% off. I got the base game for 5 ( instead of 30 ) and rev 2 upgrade for 4 ( instead of 20 )

with the new one coming out in early April I’m sure it will be on sale again in March at some point
Damn been wanting to play a new fighter and planned on getting the GG myself. Never played the series before

Playing Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey and it's definitely uneven
ancestors-5.jpg

Booted up the first game with zero HUD just to see what gave new players the most trouble and it's a lot of bullshit, you need to know when interactions and modifiers are available via button mapping overlays or nothing good happens to you

The Assassin's creed creator behind the game tried blaming players for the learning curve as if all problems are solved with evolutionary basics but the game does fake video game stuff like heal broken bones with horsetail (herb) which is about as historically intuitive and realistic as treating cancer with pop tarts. Even if we were doing homeopathy horsetail is used for kidney and urinary conditions -- you don't make a splint, you don't send your monkey back to base, you just eat a fern or take a long nap and you're healed magically

Damn been wanting to play a new fighter and planned on getting the GG myself. Never played the series before

You should have tried out the beta brah. I think Strive is the best fighting game I've played in a long time. The netcode is really good and the game is very fun. It's very anime style so there's lots of whacky shit going on but it's fun and each character seems cheesy af which also makes it fun lol.

The only problem with the game is the lobby system is complete ass right now. In the beta there was no rematch option and it took forever to start matches. Hopefully at the very least there will be a rematch button in the actual release if not.... that will be a huge annoyance.

Ancestors: Humankind update:
ancestors-découverte.jpg

After 8-10 hours grinding/evolving the first generation I moved my camp and didn't understand that group call didn't bring my clan over to the new one so I aged up, lost all my babies and wound up with one lonely monkey

Surveying the inhospitable territory I had moved into, determined to power ahead, I encountered a female monkey dying of thirst and available for recruiting. This was my last chance to save the tribe and repopulate. All I had to do was bring the new recruit some water from a cracked coconut and....my new territory didn't grow coconuts.

While searching for coconuts I heard the sound of a black panther ripping my female monkey recruit to shreds. My last monkey climbed to the tallest point on the map, took one final look at the hot scorching sun, and jumped to his death.

So the game's been pretty entertaining lately

All the latest games out there look like trash to me. The only upcoming game to look foward to with an actual release date is Resident Evil Village. All the other games have no release dates. I just wish there was a big AAA title right now that would make me want to play.

Started playing Gothic 1 but I don't know... it's really fucking old. lol

Finally took down El Sueño, and the ending was not as satisfying as I needed. As soon as the cutscene started I knew what was coming, which sucks. Overall it was a better experience than Breakpoint, really hated that storyline.

Reinstalled Kingdom Come: Deliverance because some people here were talking about it. I like how if a guy tries to fuck with me on the roads I can probably eventually kill him. Although, if a couple of guys yank me off my horse I’m pretty much fucked. It’s nice to have some danger and worry about forests. I really appreciate not being a master swordsman right from the beginning.

Yeah, I'm starting to see past the veil when it comes to Ubisoft storytelling, and I have really no urge to go through AC Origins, Breakpoint, Valhalla, WD Legions since they're all essentially the same.

I can't care about the characters when I'm given 50 capos whose little storylines all but occur within a vacuum. Taking out the smuggling? Nothing to the world. Taking out the production heads? Nothing to the world. You start to see it's all just individual stories cobbled together, and you're not playing part of a cohesive narrative made with love.

That being said, the gameplay was still fantastic on the extreme difficulty with all the hud, tagging and see through walls stuff was disabled. Some fantastic stealth squad gameplay.

Started playing Gothic 1 but I don't know... it's really fucking old. lol

Oh' yeah, they're dated as fuck. They were really neat when they came out though. Once Bethesda kind of perfected that model of RPG, the cracks really showed. At the time though, they really did up the ante in terms of immersion. It's one those series' where all the innovations they made have been refined and improved upon over time, so it's really hard to go back to. Even when they came out, they were a bit of a mixed bag, but the things the games excelled in made them worth while. Not so much today.

Anyways:

Wreckfest

Wanted something a bit of the beaten path for me, and this suffices. It's a demolition derby racer, so there isn't many surprises in terms of how it plays, but it's solid, and has a decent career mode to keep to plowing away. Where the game is head and shoulders above the rest, is in it's damage/physics engine. It's a game selling itself on smashing the shit out of cars in every conceivable way, and it delivers in spades. It seems that almost every single bit of a car(or lawnmower, bus, tractor, double-decker car, etc) is destructible, and the fine detail of it all is awesome. No event plays the same because of this, and that's always a good thing.

Not too deep into it, but if you miss "Destruction Derby" or "Flatout", which I believe these developers are responsible for, you'll have fun with this one.

Never finished GTAV story mode. Probably gonna start over from the beginning once I finish Valhalla

Oh' yeah, they're dated as fuck. They were really neat when they came out though. Once Bethesda kind of perfected that model of RPG, the cracks really showed. At the time though, they really did up the ante in terms of immersion. It's one those series' where all the innovations they made have been refined and improved upon over time, so it's really hard to go back to. Even when they came out, they were a bit of a mixed bag, but the things the games excelled in made them worth while. Not so much today.

Anyways:

Wreckfest

Wanted something a bit of the beaten path for me, and this suffices. It's a demolition derby racer, so there isn't many surprises in terms of how it plays, but it's solid, and has a decent career mode to keep to plowing away. Where the game is head and shoulders above the rest, is in it's damage/physics engine. It's a game selling itself on smashing the shit out of cars in every conceivable way, and it delivers in spades. It seems that almost every single bit of a car(or lawnmower, bus, tractor, double-decker car, etc) is destructible, and the fine detail of it all is awesome. No event plays the same because of this, and that's always a good thing.

Not too deep into it, but if you miss "Destruction Derby" or "Flatout", which I believe these developers are responsible for, you'll have fun with this one.
Wteckfest is a lot of fun and plays a lot closer to a Sim than something like need for speed. Really like that game.

Wteckfest is a lot of fun and plays a lot closer to a Sim than something like need for speed. Really like that game.

Yeah, it's a good balance. The cars all have very distinct handling, the physics are pretty damn solid, and the tuning is good enough. While it's not "Forza" or "GT" deep, it gets the job done and doesn't clash with it's more "fun" aspects. The customization is also top notch, and you can make any event as cartoonish or realistic as you want it to be.

I was playing online for a bit yesterday, and turning up the damage to "realistic" where cars will breakdown a lot easier, seems to be the sweet spot for some white knuckle racing. It gets intense when you've got like six or eight cars just barely hanging on.

Pokemon Y. Just got the 4th badge, which was needed to challenge the guy at the Badlands power plant. Didn't know you had to turn off dowsing machine in order to roller skate on the rails and needed speed momentum in order to rail past the dented rails.

Yeah, it's a good balance. The cars all have very distinct handling, the physics are pretty damn solid, and the tuning is good enough. While it's not "Forza" or "GT" deep, it gets the job done and doesn't clash with it's more "fun" aspects. The customization is also top notch, and you can make any event as cartoonish or realistic as you want it to be.

I was playing online for a bit yesterday, and turning up the damage to "realistic" where cars will breakdown a lot easier, seems to be the sweet spot for some white knuckle racing. It gets intense when you've got like six or eight cars just barely hanging on.
Yeah I've been watching a bit of that on YT and it looks like a fun game. Console or PC? I thought t would be one of those games where I would get bored of it after a while so it's good to hear the career mode is decent.

Yeah I've been watching a bit of that on YT and it looks like a fun game. Console or PC? I thought t would be one of those games where I would get bored of it after a while so it's good to hear the career mode is decent.
It seems really fun and its on Gamepass, unfortunately, it doesnt accept PS4/5 controllers, and the KB+M is just terrible for driving games. Oh well.

The Long Dark

Well, if you really like these "survival" games, this might be up your alley. It's a little too...I don't even know the word I'm looking for here..."uneventful" I guess. You're basically just thrown into the cold with all your vitals going down, and it's your job to survive. What this amounts to is wandering around blind, looking for a shelter of some kind while you scavenge for food and materials. You find a shelter and hunker down until you run out of resources. Half your time will be spent lighting fires to ward off the cold, while eating and drinking. There is a crafting element to the game as well, but it's hard to really get into it in the early game, because you're just staying alive. It's also just not a good idea to go out and look for materials and whatnot, because the weather just destroys you when you step outside. You can barely walk twenty feet without having some affliction you have to take care of. There's little incentive to actually explore the land, because it pretty much equals death, or near death, and you end up just getting what you can and then heading back to base, where you pretty much just wait until you've used up all your resources, and repeat.

This might be a harrowing experience in real life, and even somewhat realistic in what you would do(and in fairness, that's what they were aiming for), but it's just plain boring in game form. I don't get the appeal whatsoever. It's tedious, repetitive busywork, the game.

5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back