What are you currently playing v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started Fallen Order today.

Haven't played much as i'm quite tired but decided to see what Grand Master was like and it's not too bad so far, unless i miss a parry and get killed in 2-3 hits (1 by some enemies).

Did all i could on planet #1 with the abilities i have currently and then found a mini boss at the end of the level that said "lightsaber resistant" or something like that, but me being stubborn couldn't walk away until i'd killed it.

Choice of 2 planets next, main objective planet or red planet with a cool name so i chose the cool planet. I feel like i wasn't supposed to because enemies on this planet hurt a lot and they take a lot of damage. Either way i cleared the planet up to where i couldn't progress without some sort of double jump(?)... who knows, but hey i found a double lightsaber so that's a plus.

On to the main objective planet and thinks are weak here compared to the red planet so i have i feeling i did the hard planet first by mistake, oh well.

Will continue my quest tomorrow when i've slept.

@jojoRed Liking it so far, good call.
Enjoy it mate.

Ecplore the world, I love the exploration in this game, its kind of like Uncharted,

everyone needs to play more crsed you people are selfish

November 23rd. Happy fuckin birthday to me

Just preordered it, early access starts 19th by the looks of it. Kinda liking Reaper from what's been shown. Should finish getting everything to 80 today too.

Just preordered it, early access starts 19th by the looks of it. Kinda liking Reaper from what's been shown. Should finish getting everything to 80 today too.
I spent 250 (200+50 for shipping) and bought the collector's edition. Just need to get my WHM to 80, and I am done. Plan on doing that while farming moogle tomes for mounts. Reaper looks neat, will be excited to see what they can really do come october or so when they give a job trailer.

I spent 250 (200+50 for shipping) and bought the collector's edition. Just need to get my WHM to 80, and I am done. Plan on doing that while farming moogle tomes for mounts. Reaper looks neat, will be excited to see what they can really do come october or so when they give a job trailer.

Yeah not much I want from that new event apart from mounts. I have 2 levels for Black Mage then I'm done, then will start making gil ready for when the new housing opens and everyone moves so I can get a large house

someone got me to try out the enlisted beta, its decent for a free ww2 bf clone, at least to just pass the time anyways

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Rina Hashimoto is goddamn ridiculous...

Majima Construction is boring. 50 side quests done, so may just get through the chapters and see what is left aside from that...

Middle-earth: Shadow of War 9/10

6F34490CF63176B7FA2570B8DDDF65E6ED977182

Just finished Ghostrunner.

8/10, I would recommend it to Cyberpunk genre fans as well as Hotline Miami / Katana Zero fans. Really reminds me of those games even tho it's first-person.

Put away Hellpoint last night with about 55h on my savefile.

From whomever I heard it was a short game, I'm inclined to disagree and would call this a solid journey re: duration. It's really not technically sound enough nor content-justified to go any bigger; I already felt it too much at times with hallways stacked on hallways and floors on floors, room after room.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a Soulslike but more as an in-between title or one while in wait for otherwise to launch. It's fun – and I don't want to relay a different message than that. But you're fighting both game and foe alike: HUD gauges and stat menus not showing correctly, snagging on borders of char models as you navigate about them…just small aggravations the kind that come one after another.

They also spread one too thin across attributes as it relates to DMG and DEF. There are so many unexplained, happenstance DMG types, for instance, that there are dear few ways to suit up right or spec one way or another. What's this guy throwing at me? Swinging at me? WTF is this blue absurdity? Purple? Red? Green? White? Parasitic whatnot? O, sh*t! Lol. Problems to worry about include entropy, nihil, energy (OHKO BS), induction, foresight, cognition and that's just off the top of my head. Too much, fellas, or then not mapped well and given in-world context.

H/p has a convoluted chamber-unlocking system requiring the jotting down of 8-digit numerical patterns and subpatterns (called rotations); strewn across the world, you now need figure out which input into which of five consoles (in different instances and not all at once) hidden atop a building that, further, each relate to an 'eye' in the world watching over a given chamber that can only be passed through at certain times. I mean, holy rusted metal, Batman! I almost quit (none of this is explained) and made a bee-line for the final boss just to be done with it.

In addition to the derivative or Soulsy in-homage remark I'd made early in my play, I do like the twists they introduced here. Sci-fi setting especially when traversing outer is neat. Passive and active weapon evolution is super fun. The Black Hole clock concept with Hell Hour, accretion (read: space-particle) storms, and Black Hole concentric-ring alignment is interesting. I also like the camera effects for when infected with worms/parasites though I could rather easily see dudes getting sick from it.

tl;dr Can recommend as a fun albeit bloated title to busy you for a couple weeks in run-up to an otherwise anticipated title.

Been playing the new Path of Exile league and Bannerlord while I wait for Biomutant. I didn't feel like starting something new with it being so close.

I like the Ultimatum league mechanic a lot. Choosing the modifier for each round is fun and feels kind of like choosing maps to run. Fighting through the mobs each round feels kind of like Breach league to me. I wish there were more modifier options, though. They should just add all the hardest map mods to the list of Ultimatum choices.

Bannerlord is fun, but it doesn't suck me in the way Warband did. Idk if it's the game or just that my tastes have changed.

Put away Hellpoint last night with about 55h on my savefile.

From whomever I heard it was a short game, I'm inclined to disagree and would call this a solid journey re: duration. It's really not technically sound enough nor content-justified to go any bigger; I already felt it too much at times with hallways stacked on hallways and floors on floors, room after room.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a Soulslike but more as an in-between title or one while in wait for otherwise to launch. It's fun – and I don't want to relay a different message than that. But you're fighting both game and foe alike: HUD gauges and stat menus not showing correctly, snagging on borders of char models as you navigate about them…just small aggravations the kind that come one after another.

They also spread one too thin across attributes as it relates to DMG and DEF. There are so many unexplained, happenstance DMG types, for instance, that there are dear few ways to suit up right or spec one way or another. What's this guy throwing at me? Swinging at me? WTF is this blue absurdity? Purple? Red? Green? White? Parasitic whatnot? O, sh*t! Lol. Problems to worry about include entropy, nihil, energy (OHKO BS), induction, foresight, cognition and that's just off the top of my head. Too much, fellas, or then not mapped well and given in-world context.

H/p has a convoluted chamber-unlocking system requiring the jotting down of 8-digit numerical patterns and subpatterns (called rotations); strewn across the world, you now need figure out which input into which of five consoles (in different instances and not all at once) hidden atop a building that, further, each relate to an 'eye' in the world watching over a given chamber that can only be passed through at certain times. I mean, holy rusted metal, Batman! I almost quit (none of this is explained) and made a bee-line for the final boss just to be done with it.

In addition to the derivative or Soulsy in-homage remark I'd made early in my play, I do like the twists they introduced here. Sci-fi setting especially when traversing outer is neat. Passive and active weapon evolution is super fun. The Black Hole clock concept with Hell Hour, accretion (read: space-particle) storms, and Black Hole concentric-ring alignment is interesting. I also like the camera effects for when infected with worms/parasites though I could rather easily see dudes getting sick from it.

tl;dr Can recommend as a fun albeit bloated title to busy you for a couple weeks in run-up to an otherwise anticipated title.
Nice, I loved Hellpoint. I'm such an adhd case, but I couldn't put that game down. I played about 20h on a pirated version before buying it and putting in another 50h or so.

It's not perfect, but for such a small team making their first game (they are experienced devs though), they did an incredible job, while bringing some fresh ideas into the Souls-like genre.

The exploration/short cuts were excellent. I'm sure I explored every inch of that station. I really liked that you refilled your health estus thingy from combat. You only ever needed to use their bonfire mechanic to level up, or travel.

My fav area was Arisen Dominion, such a cool race.I would farm Souls there to level up, but mainly to take vengeance on the Arisen Bros boss fight lol. Those pricks killed me so many times! Their attacks would go through cover sometimes
maxresdefault.jpg

My fav aspect was being able to use upgrades on different weapons, then moving that upgrade onto different weapons, never boxing you into a corner too much. The fact every weapon has its own xp bar as well, made you feel like you earned your power fantasy.

The black hole mechanic is really cool too. I hope they build on it. I also liked when you killed a main boss that their domains/levels were overtaken by minions from other gods.

I'm really excited to see what they have planned for their DLC. Apparently they cut a bunch of stuff out of the main release

Here's a good interview with a couple of devs.

@jojoRed you need to play this game

Last edited:
Nice, I loved Hellpoint. I'm such an adhd case, but I couldn't put that game down. I played about 20h on a pirated version before buying it and putting in another 50h or so.

It's not perfect, but for such a small team making their first game (they are experienced devs though), they did an incredible job, while bringing some fresh ideas into the Souls-like genre.

The exploration/short cuts were excellent. I'm sure I explored every inch of that station. I really liked that you refilled your health estus thingy from combat. You only ever needed to use their bonfire mechanic to level up, or travel.

My fav area was Arisen Domion, such a cool race.I would farm Souls there to level up, but mainly to take vengeance on the Arisen Bros boss fight lol. Those pricks killed me so many times! Their attacks would go through cover sometimes
maxresdefault.jpg

My fav aspect was being able to use upgrades on different weapons, then moving that upgrade onto different weapons, never boxing you into a corner too much. The fact every weapon has its own xp bar as well, made you feel like you earned your power fantasy.

The black hole mechanic is really cool too. I hope they build on it. I also liked when you killed a main boss that their domains/levels were overtaken by minions from other gods.

I'm really excited to see what they have planned for their DLC. Apparently they cut a bunch of stuff out of the main release

Cool to hear from you on this, Gteh. Had no idea a DLC was in the works but I would absolutely buy that; haven't uninstalled the base game from my drive or anything.

I actually really disliked Arisen Dominion so farmed rather around the Silos of Port Issoudun, which was my favourite area of the game and also one where I'd made my own axion routes to run. When my char got above SL 150 (finished around SL 200), I started playing heavy with Artillery OTX, for example, and having a lot of fun with the radioactive mine-launching mechanic once unlocked.

I also fell in love with the occult Ferula of the Prodigal Spawn (great leech and running quick ATK) as well as Uthos' Gavel (bad wind-up but Judgement Strike mechanic, fuhgeddaboudit!). My trusted armour of choice was the Athletic Nerve Suit. A number of cool-looking H/p weapons desperately need further love and care from the devs, unfortunately. Weak stuff with poor ROI but on the note, I – like you, loved the conductor mod approach to WPN advancement. I never felt pinned down.

The Congregators you mention sat somewhere for me between annoying and OP. Dude, I would get OHKO'd by the homing energy arrow the two-hander shoots while elsewhere, the radioactive thurible-wielder would slice through me 2-3 times in rapid succession through even cover – and I'd be critical or dead; with either, it was always I no-hit them and move on or they tag me and I'm in trouble.

We complain but that tension is why we play, no? ;)

My fav area was Arisen Dominion, such a cool race.I would farm Souls there to level up, but mainly to take vengeance on the Arisen Bros boss fight lol. Those pricks killed me so many times! Their attacks would go through cover sometimes
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah this is on my list, its just my backlog is insane. Do you think this game is more fun than Metro Exodus, Silent Hill 3, Disco Elysium, Biomutuant, Days Gone etc, im gonna try bump it up if that the case.

Yeah this is on my list, its just my backlog is insane. Do you think this game is more fun than Metro Exodus, Silent Hill 3, Disco Elysium, Biomutuant, Days Gone etc, im gonna try bump it up if that the case.

I haven't played Biomutant, but I've played the rest and only finished Disco. It's another game I couldn't put down and would suggest it first. It's incredible, especially if you grew up playing Dungeons & Dragons. There's no wrong way to play really, as the game rolls on and adapts to your choices. The dialogue system should set a new standard for displaying text too. It seems like a small thing, but the way it's laid out is perfect, and really let's you sink into the world without feeling overwhelmed by exposition. It's fucking hilarious at times too, one of the best buddy cop games ever!

I always prefer action/melee RPG's with deep exploration, so Hellpoint is above the rest to me. It has a really cool world too, with lore that captivated me. It mirrors Souls-like minimalism, storytelling wise (item descriptions and what not), so you're free to action it up and dive into the story/lore at your discretion. It takes a bit to get going (didn't like the first area) but business picks up. Get it on PC, the lighting is amazing!

Metro is great (will finish eventually), and so is Days Gone. I just bought the latter on Steam. I'm going to play that after I finish Re8. I'm hoping a motorcycle mod comes out that gives you better gas mileage/durability. The world is gorgeous! I have it on PS4 (base) but it ran like ass. I was going to wait for the PS5 to continue it at higher res/Framerates, but no need now. I bought it twice, so I guess that's saying something

I haven't played Biomutant, but I've played the rest and only finished Disco. It's another game I couldn't put down and would suggest it first. It's incredible, especially if you grew up playing Dungeons & Dragons. There's no wrong way to play really, as the game rolls on and adapts to your choices. The dialogue system should set a new standard for displaying text too. It seems like a small thing, but the way it's laid out is perfect, and really let's you sink into the world without feeling overwhelmed by exposition. It's fucking hilarious at times too, one of the best buddy cop games ever!

I always prefer action/melee RPG's with deep exploration, so Hellpoint is above the rest to me. It has a really cool world too, with lore that captivated me. It mirrors Souls-like minimalism, storytelling wise (item descriptions and what not), so you're free to action it up and dive into the story/lore at your discretion. It takes a bit to get going (didn't like the first area) but business picks up. Get it on PC, the lighting is amazing!

Metro is great (will finish eventually), and so is Days Gone. I just bought the latter on Steam. I'm going to play that after I finish Re8. I'm hoping a motorcycle mod comes out that gives you better gas mileage/durability. The world is gorgeous! I have it on PS4 (base) but it ran like ass. I was going to wait for the PS5 to continue it at higher res/Framerates, but no need now. I bought it twice, so I guess that's saying something
Too many good games to play, so little time. Fuck it, Ill try fit it in after Biomutant [its releasing next week iirc]. Ill try run through the quick games in my backlog this week, since Hellpoint is probably gonna take a week or two to finish for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back