What Are You Listening To? (Vol.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Well... It's like this for me...
Growing up as a Black kid in rural Georgia, USA my mom had a bunch of records that people would give her as she cleaned houses and such. So living out in the woods The radio would always be on and we'd play records. Instead of listening to just the Soul station, I'd listen to EVERYTHING! :) Rock, Soul, Blues, Country, heck Floyd Cramer's "Last Date" was one of my favorite records!

I figured early on that I could look at the world through one lens of music or I could take the lenses out and see it all. :)

I want it ALL and I want it NOW! :) Shout out to Queen!

I'd like to see that kind of write up on everyone's profile! It's much more important to me than age/race/nationality/sex etc, so thanks for that!

I guess I had to make my own journey into music, my mum was a Stones fan but never really played music around the house. My dad was a big blues and crooner man, but he bounced early so I never had his influence other than a couple of Elvis & John Lee Hooker records I used to listen to. My mum let me have her record collection though so I was always listening to Beatles/Stones/Sam Cooke/Marvin etc. She was a pop chick from the 60's basically.
I latched on to hip hop in the early 80's where ever I could hear it & just stuck with it. Had to figure out the rest as I went along, still learning to this day & don't ever want to stop.
Shit I only dug into Black Sabbath last year!

And speaking of Queen, I watch Flash Gordon this afternoon, most fun I had watching a movie in years!

I've always liked the live version better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back