What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice, very short but powerful game, the voicework and atmosphere were amazing, such a creative way of telling a story too. great visuals as well it was grotesque at times.

That game used to go on sale all the time on the PS store until Microsoft bought the studio, now it never seems to go on sale.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Well, I'm in Prologue territory now, and it...kinda sucks. Reminds me of the stupid missions towards the end of RDR1, where you're just helping Jack do some random shit around the ranch. Story wise it's good, but it's a little lacking coming off of the main campaign. It's neat that it seems like it's a mini campaign in itself though. "Prologue...Part 1"? Like, this is gonna go on for a bit? Okay.

All in all, what a ride. The gameplay really set it apart, and it almost balanced the RPG elements with the action elements, and my only complaint would be that they didn't go all the way, and make the RPG elements matter as much as they could have, and left a lot of that extra stuff purely optional. At the end of the day, it's still a Rockstar open world game, that gives you a ridiculous amount of freedom, but doesn't force you to experience it all. Could be a good thing to some, and a bad thing to others. Personally, I loved all the mechanics here, but would've liked them to make it matter more. Like not being able to advance in the campaign, without your camp being up to snuff. It would make you appreciate all the little things more. As is, you play it at your own pace, and do what you want without consequence. I think a little more consequence for being lazy, could've gone a long way here. Can't fault it for giving the player the option though.

At the end of the day, it's one of the greatest games I've ever played, regardless. Ain't too many out there with this much attention to detail, and gives you this much freedom.

10/10

EDIT - I meant "Epilogue", LOL.

Last edited:
been kinda wanting to give RDR2 a go but not sure. how's the online these days?

will probably wait either til it drops further or get it in a bundle with a ps4 pro before ff7 remake comes out

been kinda wanting to give RDR2 a go but not sure. how's the online these days?

will probably wait either til it drops further or get it in a bundle with a ps4 pro before ff7 remake comes out

I haven't touched online, but it's gonna be busy. From my understanding, it's like a lot of other online stuff, where you just do shit and gain levels. Maybe buy a house and a fancy horse, or something as a goal. I don't get it.

The meat of this game is single player. It's got all that stuff, plus a campaign. Whatever it's going for, you'll get your money's worth. It's an amazing game.

I bought a PS4 with RDR2 months and months ago but I still haven't touched it. Also got Days Gone and Persona 5. Need to get away from dat PC Master Race life

I bought a PS4 with RDR2 months and months ago but I still haven't touched it. Also got Days Gone and Persona 5. Need to get away from dat PC Master Race life

I played "Persona 5" on a PS3, like a boss. LOL.

Seriously though, that game is pretty damn good. It's so fucking basic and grindy, but just keeps you plowing along, tearing down the next hurdle, because it hides it's basic mechanics so well with creative environments, and a decent story. I dumped like 120 hours into it, just on my initial run, and I never got too deep with it. You never hit that JRPG wall with that game either. Carrot on stick game done extremely well. Very smooth experience. Definitely recommend it. It's a damn good game.

I haven't touched online, but it's gonna be busy. From my understanding, it's like a lot of other online stuff, where you just do shit and gain levels. Maybe buy a house and a fancy horse, or something as a goal. I don't get it.

The meat of this game is single player. It's got all that stuff, plus a campaign. Whatever it's going for, you'll get your money's worth. It's an amazing game.
i'll probably cave soon, it's only 34.99 right now on PS store. but if i wait until i grab a ps4 pro i'll probably have more time to play also. plenty of games i haven't got around to in the meantime.

when spiderman came out was the last time i sat down for a few hours glued to a game, recently it's just been a quick round of cod, bf2, or club mission on gta online. i can see red dead being one you want to sit uninterrupted for while.

i'll probably cave soon, it's only 34.99 right now on PS store. but if i wait until i grab a ps4 pro i'll probably have more time to play also. plenty of games i haven't got around to in the meantime.

when spiderman came out was the last time i sat down for a few hours glued to a game, recently it's just been a quick round of cod, bf2, or club mission on gta online. i can see red dead being one you want to sit uninterrupted for while.

Yeah, it's definitely a game you want to get immersed in. You can however, just fuck around with it. So many times I just threw it on and tested it's limitations. My favorite one was shooting it out in the swamp area(after I had caused a ruckus of course), and having an alligator interrupt it, only to shoot the gator, skin it(while bullets are still flying, LOL), go into the bar with the carcass, toss it on the floor causing confusion, run up the stairs, and continue shooting it out with the local law enforcement coming from everywhere, kill them all, run downstairs, beat the shit out of some folks who were still there. Pick up the alligator carcass, shoot my way out, mount my horse, run like hell, escape the pursuit, and take the carcass back to my camp for some eats.

It's absolutely amazing what you can do in this game, when you think about it.

@HereticBD the possibilities with gators and bears and whatnot alone seem pretty funny

i saw a youtube vid recently of files found in gta online relating to eating peyote and turning into an animal... taking someone down as a mountain lion would be fucking hilarious and cause so much salt
<36>

@HereticBD the possibilities with gators and bears and whatnot alone seem pretty funny

Yeah, you can do pretty much whatever you want to in RDR2, albeit with some basic limitations within it's overall structure. The things you can do, and how the world reacts to it though, is unprecedented. The only limit is your imagination. I haven't done it myself, but you could theoretically lure a bear into a town and see what happens, and the developers have likely thought about that possibility, and would have the townsfolk react accordingly.

There's just so much attention to detail in this game, and how everything within the world reacts to what you're doing, no matter how crazy it is.

Don't know about the GTA stuff, though. I only played that on last gen.

@HereticBD fuck it, i'm sold. was already on sale so it's only gonna go back up to 59.99 anyway. went for a the 39.99 option for a few extra goodies so i'm not starting out with nothing

i'll probably do the same as with gta and start the online after i complete the story

Currently lvl 53 in AC Odyssey and more or less island-hopping for giggles and stealth-kill sprees while not even done with the campaign. Though I'll report that my early-game criticism on the combat still holds true (for me), I'm sold on this game with no asterisks in tow. When so much good is rolled into one experience, the little bad just isn't worth harping on. Drops are also serviceable in this title so props to Ubi subsidiary Québec for not botching that. *looking at you Massive

The questing here is excellent with some sidequests just outright borrowing centre stage for a while, like whatnot with Kyra and the Silver Islands – and wow on her questline's scoring…that's how you do it. I'll also restate that I think Ubi sold themselves short by not longer incubating possibilities for giving this experience its own legs but the packaged mechanics that came with the AC franchise, however nominal, are fun as hell. I won't spoil anything but knowing who and what I am in peer with being lvl 50+ has made me feel like a deity at this point. HP pools on AI can in general come off unnecessarily padded here, in truth, but getting those OHKOs from buffs and such now really hit the spot.

e/ I've since experienced scoring for Silver Islands support quest(s) elsewhere but it seems to be in more map-remote questlines and for proper b-side NPCs; no less great, of course, but not unique to Kyra.

Last edited:
Working through the last Odyssey DLC. It'll be strange when I'm finally done and uninstalling it from the Xbox.. 163 hours plus a few more. Level 81 (probably 82 by the time I finish it)

Also beat Sagebrush and PixARK (trial) for easy Gamerscore.

Currently lvl 53 in AC Odyssey and more or less island-hopping for giggles and stealth-kill sprees while not even done with the campaign. Though I'll report that my early-game criticism on the combat still holds true (for me), I'm sold on this game with no asterisks in tow. When so much good is rolled into one experience, the little bad just isn't worth harping on. Drops are also serviceable in this title so props to Ubi subsidiary Québec for not botching that. *looking at you Massive

The questing here is excellent with some sidequests just outright borrowing centre stage for a while, like whatnot with Kyra and the Silver Islands – and wow on her questline's scoring…that's how you do it. I'll also restate that I think Ubi sold themselves short by not longer incubating possibilities for giving this experience its own legs but the packaged mechanics that came with the AC franchise, however nominal, are fun as hell. I won't spoil anything but knowing who and what I am in peer with being lvl 50+ has made me feel like a deity at this point. HP pools on AI can in general come off unnecessarily padded here, in truth, but getting those OHKOs from buffs and such now really hit the spot.
Did you get the DLC too?

Did you get the DLC too?
I'm not 100% sure but I picked up the Deluxe Edition and do have a quest queued called Atlantis something; the font colour is a unique red and I'm assuming that's a marker for it being an expansion. Sound right or no?

Dude, the final hull upgrade for my baby costs over 200K drachmae?

ouch-gif-11.gif

enjoying red dead 2 now that i can finally free roam, jesus that first part of the game dragged on for ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back