What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total war-warhammer 2 & Rome 2. Picked up both today. Having only played medieval 2, I'm extremely excited.

Are you new to warhammer games?

I started my first campaign on warhammer 2 about a week ago, I’m new to these type of games also. Closest I’ve played to this was Warcraft 1-3 when I was like 8-14 lol but I am really enjoying it.

I started with dark elves, and I started the vortex campaign but I wish I didn’t. It’s just another confusing obstacle I have to figure out. I’m only on turn 50ish and feel like I’m falling behind and might lose the campaign soon, already had one lord killed by an ambush.

What race/faction did you decide to go with??

Slay The Spire

Gave the new character a spin. Very different, and seems to be far more complex than the rest. She's got a bit of everything, and introduces a few new gameplay elements to mess around with. There are a lot of strategies to consider when building your deck. Good addition. I wish they would keep adding new characters at a bit better pace though. This game is begging for a bigger roster.

@Valhoven not sure if you’re a PS+ subscriber but sounds like some good timing to finish your UC play through

Are you new to warhammer games?

I started my first campaign on warhammer 2 about a week ago, I’m new to these type of games also. Closest I’ve played to this was Warcraft 1-3 when I was like 8-14 lol but I am really enjoying it.

I started with dark elves, and I started the vortex campaign but I wish I didn’t. It’s just another confusing obstacle I have to figure out. I’m only on turn 50ish and feel like I’m falling behind and might lose the campaign soon, already had one lord killed by an ambush.

What race/faction did you decide to go with??

Man I'm with you. I've honestly been ignoring all the vortex stuff so I'm sure I'll lose..lol . But I'm finally starting to figure it all out. I'm on my second week playing for the first time ever. I've started a campaign over again like 10 times and I honestly don't like any of the factions that much (Skaven are really fun but tricky to play). I downloaded a free expansion so I can play with Bretonia. I'm on turn 52 now with Bretonia and it's my favourite faction, as it's really fun to play as humans against horses of Skaven and the skeleton dead whatever they are called people in the desert.

@Valhoven not sure if you’re a PS+ subscriber but sounds like some good timing to finish your UC play through

Brother, I was going to order UC4 sometime this week or next for after Nioh 2. Much appreciated and I can't believe the fortuity of it hitting Plus next month. Perfect.

P 83.png

I'm quickly losing my patience with Nioh 2 and I'm only 3 or 4 levels in (Snake cavern)

I'm quickly losing my patience with Nioh 2 and I'm only 3 or 4 levels in (Snake cavern)

OGC.82302b098caa4f7c34b77d85aea612d9

Man I'm with you. I've honestly been ignoring all the vortex stuff so I'm sure I'll lose..lol . But I'm finally starting to figure it all out. I'm on my second week playing for the first time ever. I've started a campaign over again like 10 times and I honestly don't like any of the factions that much (Skaven are really fun but tricky to play). I downloaded a free expansion so I can play with Bretonia. I'm on turn 52 now with Bretonia and it's my favourite faction, as it's really fun to play as humans against horses of Skaven and the skeleton dead whatever they are called people in the desert.

Man im glad it’s not just me haha, I am gonna stick it out till I lose this campaign which shouldn’t take too much longer lol

Thinking about going dwarf for my next campaign now that I got my feet wet a little bit, I hear they are easier than dark elves and I gotta find a way to turn the vortex off on that next campaign.

Did you try the lizardmen? I hear they are fun too. Stick with it and keep me updated, I think I’m about 55 turns in also. Good luck Sherbro!

The Surge 2

Well, it's a pretty good "Souls like" game. Only problem is that it's not as tight in terms of it's mechanics. There are moments where the timing just isn't up to snuff. It's fairly tight, but there are moments where you can feel the milliseconds between button input and the animations just don't cut it. Not a deal breaker, as you can adjust, but there are many moments where you'll just be cursing at the screen knowing you got fucked over by a button delay, or enemies not reacting like they should to hits. I'm also not sure how I feel like the zones in the game aren't so much about finding the next "bonfire", but finding shortcuts to the original "bonfire". Seems kind of ghetto. Like they couldn't make all of these expansive worlds, so they created an illusion of the areas being bigger and more intricate than they really are. It's a neat trick, but once you get it, the illusion disappears quickly.

That said, it's loop still addictive. Grind, grind, grind, upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, and repeat. The sheer amount of gear you get is enough to keep you going and tinkering. It will also distract you from the fact that this game looks like a PS3 game. Sometimes I just stop and look around at how ugly this game is, and realize that the gameplay is good enough that I don't care.

7/10

Last edited:
I've finished Wolfenstein: The New Order (I absolutely loved this game)

giphy.gif

The Surge 2

Well, it's a pretty good "Souls like" game. Only problem is that it's not as tight in terms of it's mechanics. There are moments where the timing just isn't up to snuff. It's fairly tight, but there are moments where you can feel the milliseconds between button input and the animations just don't cut it. Not a deal breaker, as you can adjust, but there are many moments where you'll just be cursing at the screen knowing you got fucked over by a button delay, or enemies not reacting like they should to hits. I'm also not sure how I feel like the zones in the game aren't so much about finding the next "bonfire", but finding shortcuts to the original "bonfire". Seems kind of ghetto. Like they couldn't make all of these expansive worlds, so they created an illusion of the areas being bigger and more intricate than they really are. It's a neat trick, but once you get it, the illusion disappears quickly.

That said, it's loop still addictive. Grind, grind, grind, upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, and repeat. The sheer amount of gear you get is enough to keep you going and tinkering. It will also distract you from the fact that this game looks like a PS3 game. Sometimes I just stop and look around at how ugly this game is, and realize that the gameplay is good enough that I don't care.

7/10
I think inputs/controls/combat feel better than Dark Souls

<Fedor23>

I'm 5 hours in and died around 10 times so far. I haven't felt like I got fucked yet.

I dusted off my 360 and played Oblivion. Holy shit I forgot how good the Dark Brotherhood questline became towards the end! The huge plot twist towards the end totally caught me out of nowhere and I was glued to the tv

I think inputs/controls/combat feel better than Dark Souls

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I actually like the faster pace better, I just don't think it's as finely tuned as the souls combat. It might just be me, but I find there's something a little looser overall in "The Surge".

That said, I'm certainly not immune to thinking in the moment, and looking for shit to critique when I'm hitting my head against a wall with certain games. Which I certainly was doing when I made that post. It's my coping mechanism for getting my shit pushed in, LOL. My opinions tend to fluctuate while playing these types of games. I could be praising in a few days, saying I was wrong about my initial comments. We'll see.

Bravely default 2 demo.

It's awesome. Hard as shit, but a lot of fun.

My current laptop doesn't have a CD drive but I've kept a lot of my old PC game CDs in a case along with some of the manuals and stuff. Well, anyways I found my key for Diablo II in the case and transferred it to a digital copy so now I have a copy on my laptop and have been playing it an hour here, an hour there.

It still is stupid fun and has aged pretty well, though it seems a lot easier than I remember. I don't think I ever died against Blood Raven or the Countess even when playing the game as a kid but I ran through them pretty easily and I wasn't exactly grinding my character hard either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back