What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current laptop doesn't have a CD drive but I've kept a lot of my old PC game CDs in a case along with some of the manuals and stuff. Well, anyways I found my key for Diablo II in the case and transferred it to a digital copy so now I have a copy on my laptop and have been playing it an hour here, an hour there.

It still is stupid fun and has aged pretty well, though it seems a lot easier than I remember. I don't think I ever died against Blood Raven or the Countess even when playing the game as a kid but I ran through them pretty easily and I wasn't exactly grinding my character hard either.
Yeah it aged well.

IIRC act 1 was always a breeze and Duriel is the first boss you need to watch out for.

I dove back into XCom 2, I got super rusty and just ended up starting over, all my elite soldiers were killed on a basic mission because my strategy is off. Fun time consuming game.

I dusted off my 360 and played Oblivion. Holy shit I forgot how good the Dark Brotherhood questline became towards the end! The huge plot twist towards the end totally caught me out of nowhere and I was glued to the tv

The Dark Brotherhood questline is easily one of my favourite ever things in a game.

I dove back into XCom 2, I got super rusty and just ended up starting over, all my elite soldiers were killed on a basic mission because my strategy is off. Fun time consuming game.

I probably don't have to tell you, but don't sleep on Steam Workshop. There are a ton of really great mods for that shit on there. I had like Mass Effect characters running around with AK's and shit

Been playing a lot lately due to isolation. Red Dead Online finally hit rank 20. Mass Effect Andromeda MP to get 5 Gold MP extractions. Tomb Raider (2013) got it for free years ago and finally dove in.. Decent but has not aged well. Division 2. Bored of it already. Looter shooters are meh..

Picked up Assassins Creed Odyssey on the cheap too. Heard good things about it and heard it is a good timesink. Like I don't have enough of those..

I've cranked up Assassin's creed Origins lately because I bought it on sale a bit ago and never got around to playing.

So far I am liking it a lot. I'm not a veteran of the series, the only other I've played is Black Flag. Which I liked a lot.

My grips is I'm playing with steam controller and I detest aiming my bow and arrow using it as compared to mouse and keyboard. But mouse and keyboard sucks for the rest of the game. Using the steam controller also kind of sucks when controlling hte camera. I find it drifts around more than I'd like. Maybe there's a way to adjjust my steam control pad but I don't know how. So I'm using full auto assist aim for my bow and arrow. Not ideal, but best of the bad situation. Good game though, have a feeling it will kill a lot of quarantine time!

Slay The Spire

This robot character can go fuck itself. I can't crack the code with this fucker. He's too dependent on random luck.

Disco Elyseum. Around 20 hours in and holy fuck what an rpg. Lot's of reading but doesn't matter as it's so well written.

Recommended for Burroughs & Bukowski fans especially!

Finally got the Platinum for Final Fantasy 14, so now trying to get through my backlog, finally giving Doom (2016) some time, plus have set my PS3 backup to get through stuff on there

About 45 min from Mount and Blade 2-Bannerlord. Can't believe this is real life. Well now that Khabib vs Tony is canceled again, I guess I can

I would take delays on TLOU 2 and RE3 just to goddamn watch Tony/Khabib. My day is ruined....:(

Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast on PS4 digital, but about to start Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1.

Toe Jam & Earl remake on Steam is on clearance, so I bought it to play on my Android TV box via Stream Link, and it worked.

Although you can tell the lag, it's quite playable, feels giddy to be able to play games rendered on a 1070 TI straight to TV + bluetooth gamepad. Maybe a wired controller could help reduce that lag.

Still it's a no go for online FPS/stuff like that.

Slay The Spire

This robot character can go fuck itself. I can't crack the code with this fucker. He's too dependent on random luck.

And FINALLY, I beat it with that asshole. That's all the original characters down. Still have a few unlocks left, the new character, and there's the "ascension" mode to conquer, so I doubt I'll be putting this down anytime soon.

Gotta say, even though I bitch about the game's random cheapness a lot, it might still be the perfect formula to keep you coming back. Probably wouldn't be as enticing if you could master it with a tried and true strategy. The randomness keeps you on your toes, and constantly forces you to change up your approach as you look for the perfect deck, and when all the stars align on a run, it feels damn good smacking the final boss around. The only guy I'd like to see nerfed a bit, or just outright removed from the game, is that Knight boss that usually shows up at the end of the second tower. That guy is unbelievably cheap, and if you go at him with anything less than the perfect deck, he'll just squash you with his ridiculous attack power. 24x2 three times in a row, huh? Oh' that's fair.

I beat DOOM Eternal, loved it and decided to go back and properly beat DOOM 1993 and DOOM II.

I definitely remember beating DOOM but I'm pretty positive I cheated and just used God mode and full ammo. The cheat codes were so fun, I didn't really care about beating it legit. Now, I feel I need to right that wrong. DOOM II, I remember the last boss and the secret wall clip to see John Romero but that's about it.

I just beat DOOM the other day and it's amazing how well it has aged. Fun, addicting and I woke up the next day excited to play more. That's when you know you've made an all time great game. I'm in the middle of DOOM II right now. It's clearly the more sophisticated game but it's also more complicated. Lots of puzzles, bizarre warps, traps and level designs. I think I prefer DOOM with just how straight forward it was but DOOM II is definitely more interesting with the variety of levels, more enemies and refinement.

I want to go through and play DOOM 3 again after since I haven't played it since it originally came out. It'll be fun to check it out on a modern computer with maxed settings unlike when it was originally released and you were lucky to get 30fps on good hardware. It'll probably have to go on hold for Resident Evil 3 but it'll be up next.

Got my 5 Gold extractions in Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer. Now need 1 more achievement to complete the entire series. Solve 20 remnant puzzles in a playthrough. Ya maybe someday but time to bang out some more of my backlog.

Haven't played a chilled out walking sim in a while. Maybe I will finally boot up Kona.

Too lazy to link, but rumor has it is that Microsoft is planning to buy Metal Gear and Silent Hill.

Finally picked up AC Odyssey. 30 bucks for the ultimate edition right now.

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine expansion. Still can't believe how good it is, I swear that DLC is better than most of the stand-alone games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back