What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man.. I just discovered an absolute gem on PSN called Oxenfree. It's 4.99 on sale right now and an absolute steal.

It's like an interactive fiction type game where you mostly just walk around and pick dialogue options. There are some light puzzles and collecting stuff as well.

Im normally not too into these games (though I like Telltale games), but what makes the game awesome is the way the dialogue flows. Everything is in real time, so you can interrupt people, allow others to answer instead, or change the subject. If you cut someone off, they may move on completely, or try and go back to the subject later.. It's amazing and the best dialogue system I've ever seen. Guaranteed we will be seeing more of this mechanic in the future in other games.

The story is about a group of kids going to an island for a party and to check out some cave. The story picks up quick and it's a blast to playtrhough. There are like 7 different endings I think. I'm about 2 hours into my first run and I can already tell I'll be playing it a second time.

It's also on every platform, including mobile. Check it out if you're into those games!

Going on a sports kick. Picked up Madden 20 and NBA 2k20.

I buy Madden about once every five years and fucks sake it's the exact same boring game.

NBA2k20 is pretty great but I suck at it. Will probably play it until football season comes back around

I just got the Skull & Co grip for the Switch recently because I was tired of having to crack it out of the case I used every time I wanted to dock it. I'm sort of kicking myself for not getting it earlier, it's insanely comfortable and makes it the perfect weight. I actually am preferring the way it feels to any controller at the moment.

Finally got Smash Brothers Ultimate too and holy fuck it's amazing. The attention to detail is unreal. I was using Simon from Castlevania and decided to manually swing his mace around like you could on the Super Nintendo, and sure it enough it works exactly like it did on that game! Completely unnecessary but just shows how much of a love letter that game is to not just Nintendo but video games as a whole.

I bought FIFA 20. What is up with all those expert players in the lower level divisions ?

Been playing Ori and the Blind Forest a bit. Game is fantastic. Playing through on Hard and it feels tough but balanced. The game is gorgeous, really like the art style, the mechanics are tight and creative. I have a lot of fun exploring the world. Feel like I’m about half way through or so as I have almost all the life/energy pick ups.

I bought FIFA 20. What is up with all those expert players in the lower level divisions ?

I think they purposely demote themselves to lower ranks just to get SBC objectives and seasonal objectives in easier way.

Picked up a few games on the cheap on the PS spring sale. Got Witcher 3 and despite being 5 years old this game is still magnificent. The graphics, the voice acting, the music, the character models are all world class. If they could have just made the combat tighter it would have been the GOAT.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

it seems to have gotten shit, but I like it more than the second, and about equal to the first. Just a fun little trilogy.

Picked up a few games on the cheap on the PS spring sale. Got Witcher 3 and despite being 5 years old this game is still magnificent. The graphics, the voice acting, the music, the character models are all world class. If they could have just made the combat tighter it would have been the GOAT.

It's serviceable enough, that it still is one of the GOAT games. It's not like the combat is horrible, or anything. It's just not as tight as some others. In any other game, it's not an issue at all. It just stands out a bit more in TW3, because everything else is so perfect. It's one of the only things in that game, that someone could point to as a minor flaw. In the grand scheme of things though, it's really not an issue at all. It works, and there are some truly awesome death animations. It's not like it's any worse than some run of the mill action RPG, that gets praise for being merely competent across the board.

It's not the greatest combat engine, but it's fine all the same.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

it seems to have gotten shit, but I like it more than the second, and about equal to the first. Just a fun little trilogy.

How far are you into it? For the first chunk, it's hard to notice how disjointed it all is, but the further you get, it just kind of falls apart. I say this as a huge ROTTR fan. SOTTR just seemed to want to be bigger, but not necessarily better.

How far are you into it? For the first chunk, it's hard to notice how disjointed it all is, but the further you get, it just kind of falls apart. I say this as a huge ROTTR fan. SOTTR just seemed to want to be bigger, but not necessarily better.
Hmmm, well that sucks.

Definitely at the beginning still. Haven’t even finished the Peru section, so maybe it was just wishful thinking that it would continue to be as much fun as it started out being.

Hmmm, well that sucks.

Definitely at the beginning still. Haven’t even finished the Peru section, so maybe it was just wishful thinking that it would continue to be as much fun as it started out being.

I mean, it's not "bad". It just loses it's focus. Like it didn't have a good director to really bring it all together. What is there, is still decent enough to play through, it just loses it's focus and becomes kind of aimless. Like you're just checking random boxes after a while. It just kind of a fails as a collective. They did put a lot of effort into it though, and it looks great and there's nothing all that terrible about any of the gameplay. You just hit a point where it becomes more of chore to play than anything, and you lose any sort of motivation to continue.

Just finished Sigil (DOOM sequel by John Romero) and I thought it was awesome. Evil looking levels, great and unique level design, killer soundtrack and balanced difficult. It was difficult but fair and the puzzles weren't obtuse like they were with DOOM II and more about exploration and level design.

On to the DOOM 64 remake next and then will wrap up my DOOM journey. Next up - Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem Forever.

Just finished Sigil (DOOM sequel by John Romero) and I thought it was awesome. Evil looking levels, great and unique level design, killer soundtrack and balanced difficult. It was difficult but fair and the puzzles weren't obtuse like they were with DOOM II and more about exploration and level design.

On to the DOOM 64 remake next and then will wrap up my DOOM journey. Next up - Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem Forever.

Yo @Clippy where’s your E5M9 video?

I've picked up Subnautica for my lockdown game. It looked interesting when it came out but I never got around to playing it.

I'm enjoying the calm serene oceanscapes combined with the scramble for resources and survival in a state of social isolation. Strikes a chord with me at the moment somehow.

Up to level 33 in fallout 76

Still working through the new borderlands dlc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back