What are you playing? v.7 (Paperboy Edition)

Is the shorter 'WAYCP' preferable to longer 'What are you currently playing'?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know, Jeff

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to playing Salt & Sanctuary, great game. Then played through another 2-D souls platformer Tails of Iron. Kinda repetitive, but the art design is awesome and feels like you’re playing a Redwall series game.

Starting Moonscars today. Has a Blasphemous feel, good so far.
Just bought M/s too! May our bloodshed wet the land.

bros-bro.gif

E is the canon story / true ending after you've done C/D as the Farewell recital drama done during one of concerts in 2017 is an epilogue based on that ending

Thanks, you motivated me to boot it up one last time to get it. Was funny how it turned into the hacking mini game with the credits and the option to help others if you scrap your save game data. I didn't offer my save game data lol. I'm selfish. Was interesting and fun though.

I do admire it's creativity with that ending. The game really is creative. I feel like I *should* like it more than I really do. I dunno, the greyed out colors and robots just wasn't my cup of tea enough. I like a lot of blood in my games hehe.

Moonscars

It's like a poor man's version of "Blasphemous", mixed with a poor man's version of "Dead Cells". I really wanted to love it, but it didn't really come together for me. The combat is serviceable, but I found the enemy types to be too similar looking, that it's annoying to deal with when trying to get a feel for different scenarios and get into a groove. These enemies can be interrupted, these other enemies have run attacks, these other enemies are fodder...but they all look similar to one another, so it's a bit of pain to suss it all out in the moment. Even the platforming/exploration elements don't seem to have much thought put to them. Then there's the annoying story elements, that try to sound all mysterious and deep, but comes off like a cheap imitation of better games, that is constantly interrupting you. Even the art style, which seems neat at first, starts to show it's limitations and lack of creativity, and when you stop to look at some of the stills it presents, they just seem like they were run through a computer, with no thought or effort. Like someone typed in "Blasphemous game art style", and an AI program just shit it out.

All the pieces are there for a great game, but there's something cheap and underdeveloped to it all. Like they didn't take the time to make it all flow together. It feels like a competent fan made game.

I did like the rogue-lite upgrade system, but it wasn't enough to make me carry on. Maybe I'll give it another try down the road, but it did not leave me with a good first impression.

Saw someone mentioned Tails of Iron. Super cool and immersive game. Not the hardest but the narrator was fantastic and the style was beautiful.

I've been playing Deathloop lately and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not the biggest FPS fan, but Arkane Studios really nails them. The only thing I don't let myself get immersed in within their universe is the overabundance of reading. Something I need to work on because I miss a lot. I just get too anxious to get out there in the dirt and bypass all of that.

Damn, I need something new to play. I'm burnt out on everything I normally turn to. After I got 100% on Thymesia I've had no drive to play anything.

Anyone have any suggestions for titles on steam? I love souls-likes and roguelikes/lites mainly. I do enjoy a lot of FPS titles and some third person shooters so any suggestions are welcome. Only games I'm not big on are games such as Divinity and Neverwinter Nights with their D&D combat systems.

Damn, I need something new to play. I'm burnt out on everything I normally turn to. After I got 100% on Thymesia I've had no drive to play anything.

Anyone have any suggestions for titles on steam? I love souls-likes and roguelikes/lites mainly. I do enjoy a lot of FPS titles and some third person shooters so any suggestions are welcome. Only games I'm not big on are games such as Divinity and Neverwinter Nights with their D&D combat systems.
Risk of Rain 2 is a great rogue like (you might’ve played it already). Lots of unlockables and replay value and great mod support with so much content.

Last edited:

I thought Steelrising a fun soulslike, but a bit easy. Just saw today they made some balance changes to increase difficulty and added a NG+.

Lost some steam towards the endgame but I still enjoyed it as a whole. Might jump back in the weekend for the NG+ since they lifted some of the stat/weapon caps.

Anyone play Session:Skate Sim? I'm hearing mixed things but I could see myself liking this game.

Anyone play Session:Skate Sim? I'm hearing mixed things but I could see myself liking this game.
Owned both Session and SkaterXL since Early Access.
Session is a bit tougher to pick up than SkaterXL but it is easily the better game. It just takes A LOT of practice to get the controls down.

Yea it's a really old game. I downloaded Bully port on steam which is a newer game than FF6. It looked like dog shit. These games probably look better on a small screen. Steam deck is fine but I wish I can justify buying a handheld again.

I found out there was a classic mode that is basically a crt filter if you are familiar with emulators. Makes the game look so much better. I’m actually able to play it now. It only shows up while play in game. You can’t access the setting from the main menu settings which is weird.

Slowly going through the backlog, installed and put in a couple of hours into The Division 2, kinda feels like the same as the first one so far

Both Need For Speed: Heat and the F.E.A.R collection are on sale on steam for super cheap so I snagged both just because.

Never played any F.E.A.R game but I enjoyed Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. I know Heat is more of an open world game which I'm not big on but maybe I'll end up coming around to it.

Both Need For Speed: Heat and the F.E.A.R collection are on sale on steam for super cheap so I snagged both just because.

Never played any F.E.A.R game but I enjoyed Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. I know Heat is more of an open world game which I'm not big on but maybe I'll end up coming around to it.

FEAR games are great but they looked to old last time I tired to go back to them.

I've beaten Elden Ring. I don't know if I want to do NG+ or start a new character. I am still interested but there are problems with the boss fights. Like big ones. I feel like the developers want you to transcend levels rather than skill benchmarks.

Actually I'm looking for recommendations. Should I finish Witcher 3? (I'm pretty close to the end I'd wager) Should I try something new? If so, what?

I'm actually writing a review for Mother 3. If you haven't played it yet, let me tell you something. ...play it.

Been playing a lot more Diablo 2 Resurrected lately and now that patch 2.5 dropped with the new Terror zones it has brought a whole new meta to the game and I've had 2 Ohm runes drop for me in the Chaos Sanctuary with my FoHdin too which is pretty awesome and rolled my first CTA and it ended up rolling 6 on my BO. NIiiice. Can't wait until the first ladder ends and I can roll some of these new runewords (I don't play ladder).

Still have so many build to try out but most of my character slots are full. I still have to level up my Throw Barb, Bladesin and Fire Drood but most of my other characters are already in Hell. It's so nice now that some more niche characters like a Martial Arts Assassin can now be viable in Hell with the new Terror Zones. Good job vicarious visions. They should be working on D4 if you ask me.

I'm am currently sick right now so I am chilling from games for now but with my new passion for Motorcycles I picked up Ride 4 as it's on a deep discount so I grabbed the Special Edition of that and it looks absolutely incredible and sounds so as well. I heard the physics engines had been tampered with in a later patch though as many consumers were complaining about it being to difficult so I hope that doesn't ruin my experience with it.

If anyone is looking for a Motorcycle racing game though I would check out some reviews of Ride 4 if interested. It's the cream of the crop when it comes to Bike sims.

My Portal 2 save file mysteriously disappeared after reaching chapter 5 so I have to start over. That's some bs.

Picked up Session: Skate Sim. This game is pretty awesome so far. It's super satisfying when you nail a line and I think I've taken to the controls rather well even starting on hardcore. The only thing that feels really weird is the triggers for turning. I keep instinctively hitting the left stick. That's gonna take some getting used to. The way you do flip tricks is pretty ingenious though.

I also downloaded Deathloop. I'm probably gonna get into that this weekend.

Had to quit Lost Ark last week for the newly released raid was giving me a massive headache. After 30+ minutes my head would be pounding from the bright colors and sounds. An considering its a raid you must do to progress i gave up.

Noticed on Steam that Need For Speed Heat was on sale for $3.50. So ive been having fun playing this recently:
27FA15CDF67D90B6F8A73CA29B6D2C1E9761F808

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back