What are you playing? v.7 (Paperboy Edition)

Is the shorter 'WAYCP' preferable to longer 'What are you currently playing'?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know, Jeff

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a buddy, or someone you can coordinate with if you want to play on a higher difficulty. We did the one above normal.

I'm not going to pick up the DLC, that should have been far cheaper. I'll come back to this once a few more mission packs come out and the DLC is on sale.

It's really fun for a few sessions, def worth the time. It's too bad that when your gear is clicking, there's nothing left to do but do it again (pretty much identically) but at higher difficulty. Hopefully they made good money on this and will release lots more content.

The devs nailed the lore. They are big fans of the franchise. Most causal Alien viewers have no idea how rich the lore is. I watched a couple of interviews with the devs, but nothing since the DLC. Hopefully the luke-warm reception of it makes them take notice.

I really like the execution of the storytelling, perfect for this genre. Not everyone is going to care about it Like I do, so it's nice that you get decent environmental storytelling, and optional dialogue/lore bits you can avoid/skim through if you just want to get to shooting.

I don't know who the stewards of the franchise are at Disney, but it amazes me how well they are treating this property. I'm reading the River of pain trilogy, which includes Alien Isolation elements as canon. As you know, Seegson Corp and their Working Joe's are in the this as well.
I didn't make myself clear. Sorry. I meant horde mode. The campaign is not hard on higher difficulty. I finished it in the first day. It's when you grind horde mode that it becomes hard. Teammates need to buy stuff or you can't make it past the certain waves. There are a few exploits to clear the insane difficulty with ease but your teammates need to fulfill some roles.

It really is a beautiful game but the game needs more content. It's already season 4.

At some point soon they should be rolling out the racing AI they've developed over the last few years called Sophy.

1st in a series about it, think there's 3 parts so far

An Exhibition of the AI vs GT players

That’d be great. I think that’s probably the biggest thing right now is I feel kinda like I’m just time trialing and the ai is irrelevant

So last week I played a bit of Astro’s Playroom with my kids. I had played maybe one level of it when I first got my PS5 at launch before moving on to Demon’s Souls but last week I played through it in its entirety with my kids and I have to say it’s a great little game. Unfortunately it’s more of a tech demo than a game because it’s incredibly short, like you can play all four levels in about an hour. That’s too bad because It’s honestly really great.

If they could scale it up a bit and maybe make it like 15-25 levels or something I would absolutely buy that.

I'm taking a break from Elden Ring to play Injustice 2. I got the ultimate edition of that and it has like 10 extra heroes in it. I've never played it but I've seen footage of this game here and there and it always looked impressive.

Once I play through Injustice 2 some, I'm going to rotate back to Elden Ring as I see fit.

I just can't get into Deathloop. Seems pretty lackluster and already painfully repetitive after 5 or so hours. I really wanted to like this game. Someone tell me I'm wrong and shouldn't delete it.

I just can't get into Deathloop. Seems pretty lackluster and already painfully repetitive after 5 or so hours. I really wanted to like this game. Someone tell me I'm wrong and shouldn't delete it.
Gameplay was cool, IMO, but isn't without a detective element in having to piece together flavor texts.

for some odd reason i wanted to give Cyberpunk a chance. had the game at launch and never played it on my ps4. did the free ps5 upgrade and have been playing it the last two days. enjoying it so far. that BD editor is actually a pretty neat thing in game in terms of finding things out.

I'm taking a break from Elden Ring to play Injustice 2. I got the ultimate edition of that and it has like 10 extra heroes in it. I've never played it but I've seen footage of this game here and there and it always looked impressive.

Once I play through Injustice 2 some, I'm going to rotate back to Elden Ring as I see fit.
The story mode for Injustice 2 is great. I also enjoyed the customization quite a bit. I never really played online unless it was against friends though.

Still playing Moonscars.

Enjoying changing up the modifiers and amulets every life but have more or less dedicated myself to corrosive touch builds (poison equivalent), so buffs to status build-up make for must-grabs.

There's a map called The Depths that has a wonderful use of light versus dark, shadow versus exposure, giving a sepia impression what I think of as unique to 2D play.

Dialogue is pretty gibberish but tone is great and macabre. Cool game to be playing in October.

Mainly waiting for GOW to release, I've cleared my backlog a month ago which is awesome. Not much to play nowadays especially while dealing with COD connectivity issues.

I'm playing a mobile game kingdom rush series it's a fun tower defense series. Would love to play it on consoles or any game that's similar.

Last edited:
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, it's addictive as hell! I've always loved d&d adventure games, but this one is done super well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back