What are your top 3 favorite Black Sabbath studio albums?

What are your top 3 favorite Black Sabbath studio albums?

• Black Sabbath (1970)

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Paranoid (1970)

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Master of Reality (1971)

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Vol. 4 (1972)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973)

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Sabotage (1975)

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Technical Ecstasy (1976)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Never Say Die! (1978)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Heaven and Hell (1980)

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Mob Rules (1981)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Born Again (1983)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 13 (2013)

• Other

• Total voters

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg

Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg

Bsmor.jpg

Black_Sabbath_Vol._4.png

220px-Black_Sabbath_SbS.jpg

Black_Sabbath_Sabotage.jpg

Black-Sabbath-Technical-Ecstasy.jpg

Black-Sabbath-Never-Say-Die.jpg

Black_Sabbath_Heaven_and_Hell.jpg

SabbathMob.jpg

SabbathBorn.jpg

Black_Sabbath_13.jpg

For me it’s definitely their first albums. Their first two alone give you NIB, planet caravan,paranoid, electric funeral, the wizard, etc. In my opinion, it’s their best work.

01. Sabotage (GOAT)
02. Never Say Die!
03. Born Again
04. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
05. Master Of Reality
06. Vol.4
07. Heaven And Hell
08. The Eternal Idol
09. Paranoid
10. Mob Rules

I’d have to go with three of the first four, before the sound got diluted

Child-Raising-Hand.png

I can answer this now! Couldn't have 12 months ago

for me it is Black Sabbath, Volume 4, Paranoid, Heaven & Hell

Did I do good or what?!

a cover for your poll

Child-Raising-Hand.png

Did I do good or what?!

For me...

8. Technical Ecstasy
7. Black Sabbath
6. Paranoid
5. Master of Reality
4. Vol. 4
3. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
2. Sabotage
1. Never Say Die

As far as I am concerned, you can toss anything that came after Ozzy left the band and toss the album "13" (since it basically sounds like "nuMetal" shit.

Master of Reality is my all time favorite Sabbath record and the one that gave birth to Stoner Metal.

About 3 and a half years ago an older gentleman with a gnarly beard came in to work with a computer problem. I forget exactly what was wrong with the machine but I was able to fix it and I didn't charge the guy either. Saw he had a Black Sabbath shirt on in which I complimented in him on his taste in music. Ended up telling me he saw Black Sabbath on their first tour in the States and tons of times since then. Also was a big vinyl collector and asked if I was a record collector and I told him that I had just gotten into it. So he tells me he'll be back in tomorrow with something for me. He comes in with two big crates full of records and gives me them. Said he was looking to get rid of them and wanted them to go to a good home. Inside the crates were every first US pressing of Ozzy era Sabbath, all first US pressings of Zeppelin and a ton of other first US pressings of late 60's to early 80's hard rock and heavy metal.

The man said he would come back one day to say hi but has not returned since. I truly wonder what happened to him because I wanted to thank him again for what he gave me.

Master of Reality is my all time favorite Sabbath record and the one that gave birth to Stoner Metal.

About 3 and a half years ago an older gentleman with a gnarly beard came in to work with a computer problem. I forget exactly what was wrong with the machine but I was able to fix it and I didn't charge the guy either. Saw he had a Black Sabbath shirt on in which I complimented in him on his taste in music. Ended up telling me he saw Black Sabbath on their first tour in the States and tons of times since then. Also was a big vinyl collector and asked if I was a record collector and I told him that I had just gotten into it. So he tells me he'll be back in tomorrow with something for me. He comes in with two big crates full of records and gives me them. Said he was looking to get rid of them and wanted them to go to a good home. Inside the crates were every first US pressing of Ozzy era Sabbath, all first US pressings of Zeppelin and a ton of other first US pressings of late 60's to early 80's hard rock and heavy metal.

The man said he would come back one day to say hi but has not returned since. I truly wonder what happened to him because I wanted to thank him again for what he gave me.
That is pretty incredible. lol I have noticed that when I use old vinyl instead of some of the newer stuff, it is louder for some reason. Maybe records back in the day were slightly better quality than records today.

That is pretty incredible. lol I have noticed that when I use old vinyl instead of some of the newer stuff, it is louder for some reason. Maybe records back in the day were slightly better quality than records today.
I have noticed that myself with a lot of older records. They just sound louder. I've noticed a varying degree of quality in my record collection regarding a lot of the newer music. For instance Tool's Lateralus picture disc record is pressed horribly. I have three copies of it with one them unopened and the two that are open suffer from major surface noise and some parts that outright skip. Thing is its not a full picture disc either just part of it is.

Paranoid, Masters of Reality, Vol. 4. No particular order.

Child-Raising-Hand.png

Did I do good or what?!

Technically, you failed the exam, as the question at hand was naming 3(!) albums, and you mentioned 4.

;)

Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell, Vol 4

I did hella cocaine to vol 4. It’s still my fav album to smoke weed to.

LISTEN TO VOL.4

Sabotage
Master Of Reality
Volume 4
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Paranoid

waiting on this shirt to get delivered, hoping it gets here this week for casual friday at work

z_black.jpg

Heaven and hell
Paranoid
Black Sabbath

On a side note I listen a lot to Heaven and Hell and Blizzard of Ozz these days. 1/ that's one hell of a matchup and 2/ 1980 was quite some year in metal

Back